Author Topic: Nightcaps: | | |  (Read 45388701 times)

Offline FLOCKA

• New name: ghostdeini
Re: Nightcaps:| | |
« Reply #5800 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 09:56:16 »
Where are those half shell pictures from??

Sent from my microwave oven using alternating current

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=79450.msg2348598#msg2348598

Wow, the sculpt is such a refinement of Gen 1! Looks like ETF took a real turtle and shrunk it down to 1u size. I look forward to seeing this guy in all sorts of wild colors :D

Offline Zorberema

• * Maker
  • IG: @ZorbCaps
Re: Nightcaps:Bee & Barb Raffle... Coming Jan 12th.
« Reply #5801 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 10:58:53 »
Velvet LeChance is gonna be my new favorite colorway. Awesome caps as always ETF!

Ugh its so hard to choose though! they are all so great

That's OK Carl, RNG will choose for you  ;). All blind all the time for 2017. I'll post ratios of availability of types prior to raffles and you'll get to choose how many Mystery Bags you'd like but in the end it will be RNG just like Mysterymeats.
A bit late for this - so all your future sales from now on will be blindboxes if I understood you right?

Offline wishful_cynic

Re: Nightcaps:Bee & Barb Raffle... Coming Jan 12th.
« Reply #5802 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 11:01:54 »
For 2017, Zorb.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5803 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 11:58:46 »

Offline eat_the_food

• Bulb moon raisin
Re: Nightcaps: Red Viridian - Topre
« Reply #5804 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 14:16:26 »
9 toppers in the op.
More

Offline RandalFlagg

« Reply #5805 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 14:19:14 »
Ahhhhhh first shot at a Fugu/Bomb King and No Topre board.   Decisions decisions haha.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5806 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 14:20:36 »
Ahhhhhh first shot at a Fugu/Bomb King and No Topre board.   Decisions decisions haha.
They are most likely gone already.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5807 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 14:21:15 »
No MX  :'(
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5808 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 14:24:28 »
Just realized. That is Gen 2 Fugu.

Offline FLOCKA

• New name: ghostdeini
« Reply #5809 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 14:29:32 »
Nice little sunday surprise for the community -- love the color scheme  :D

Offline Elth

• Easy now fuzzy little man peach
« Reply #5810 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 14:43:16 »
Thanks eat_the_food :thumb:

Red Viridian Puppet Master
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 January 2017, 14:53:07 by Elth »
TGR Jane V2 | TGR 910 | TGR Jane CE

Offline Jedi

« Reply #5811 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 14:43:19 »
Dammit, if only I didn't stop at the library, my topre numpad needs some fugu :'(

Offline robotmaxtron

« Reply #5812 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 14:44:26 »
Thanks! Can't wait for it to arrive, I'm thrilled.

Offline FunTyme

• Formerly known as Edrylle
« Reply #5813 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 14:56:42 »
My chance for more topre caps rip
hbcp

Offline rotciveel

• Fugu Curator Extraordinaire
« Reply #5814 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 15:39:37 »
Woohoo won a bomb king! But the fugu has eluded me... and it looks like it has GID tips.. someone trade me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #5815 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 15:49:03 »
Woohoo won a bomb king! But the fugu has eluded me... and it looks like it has GID tips.. someone trade me!

sure for the red fugu you won for the artisan drawing contest =P
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #5816 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 17:22:00 »

MY FAVORITE COLORWAY!!!!! So beautiful!

Offline bbmathlvr

« Reply #5817 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 19:01:53 »
9 toppers in the op.

Damn! I missed it. If you get any no pays I'd love to pick any of these up :D
Probably TeX'ing right now.

Offline eat_the_food

• Bulb moon raisin
« Reply #5818 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 19:19:49 »
9 toppers in the op.

Nope - there was only nine caps total and they're all accounted for and packed up. Sorry!
More

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #5819 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 19:21:45 »
I wonder why the puppet master in the photo has a hole punched in his belly. Factory second? :)

Offline Elth

• Easy now fuzzy little man peach
« Reply #5820 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 19:23:44 »
I wonder why the puppet master in the photo has a hole punched in his belly. Factory second? :)

Not a hole, it's a crescent moon. etf's stamp
TGR Jane V2 | TGR 910 | TGR Jane CE

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #5821 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 19:24:35 »
Oh well

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #5822 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 19:26:00 »

Not a hole, it's a crescent moon. etf's stamp

Yeah, that's where it usually is. Must be the angle of the photo.

Offline bbmathlvr

« Reply #5823 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 19:27:01 »
9 toppers in the op.

Nope - there was only nine caps total and they're all accounted for and packed up. Sorry!

Had to try! No need to apologize for making gorgeous caps. I was lucky enough to trade into a Gold/White tower so I'm flying high on Fugu ATM.

Offline rotciveel

• Fugu Curator Extraordinaire
« Reply #5824 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 17:29:34 »

sure for the red fugu you won for the artisan drawing contest =P

y u do this :(

Offline Loft

« Reply #5825 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 19:26:08 »
Pretty irritating to see Fugu selling for $120 immediately after people receive them. I'd keep them for my collection, just sayin. Lookin at you /r/mechmarket <_<

Offline eat_the_food

• Bulb moon raisin
« Reply #5826 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 19:42:10 »
Pretty irritating to see Fugu selling for $120 immediately after people receive them. I'd keep them for my collection, just sayin. Lookin at you /r/mechmarket <_<

I agree, it's very irritating to see that especially so shortly after a raffle. I'm not too often on mechmarket so If you see it, don't hesitate to shoot me a pm and I'll happily add those users to the no-sell-list.
More

Offline bbmathlvr

« Reply #5827 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 20:21:36 »

This. And now we have a guy sell brand new Booper's at $700. It's definitely frustrating when so many of us wanted these for our collections.

Offline swangful

« Reply #5828 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 21:02:10 »

This. And now we have a guy sell brand new Booper's at $700. It's definitely frustrating when so many of us wanted these for our collections.

Yup...saw that thread unravel. *gets popcorn*

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5829 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 21:03:20 »

Yup...saw that thread unravel. *gets popcorn*

Show Image

It blows my mind that someone would buy those for $700.00. I mean dammmmnnnn.

Offline Redeemd

« Reply #5830 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 21:19:27 »
It isn't just the sellers that need to be on the no-sell list but also the people buying artisans at the crazy mark ups. Hate it when I see people preach against flipping these caps but then buying them when they go up for sale.. And then when they want to get rid of it they sell it at the same price they bought it for and justifying it because it's the price they paid for it and the circle continues. It's really annoying. Especially when they are winning alot of sales and your not. /vent

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #5831 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 21:26:11 »
It isn't just the sellers that need to be on the no-sell list but also the people buying artisans at the crazy mark ups. Hate it when I see people preach against flipping these caps but then buying them when they go up for sale.. And then when they want to get rid of it they sell it at the same price they bought it for and justifying it because it's the price they paid for it and the circle continues. It's really annoying. Especially when they are winning alot of sales and your not. /vent

So the people that can't get them in raffles should be punished even more because they only have the choice of buying them at a markup?

Offline 180159

• Just a guy who likes collecting artisan keycaps
Nightcaps:| | |
« Reply #5832 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 21:30:19 »

Wow that pisses me off. After finally breaking my 7 raffle loss streak with the bone rider sale I'm really pissed at that.

Offline Redeemd

« Reply #5833 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 21:31:41 »

So the people that can't get them in raffles should be punished even more because they only have the choice of buying them at a markup?
You win some you lose some. Win raffles, buy them at or near retail from other users, or trade for them. Buying at such exorbitant prices does no good for anyone.

I'm not trying to tell anyone what you can or can't do with your stuff. Just my opinion on how I think it should be.

Offline Tally810

« Reply #5834 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 21:32:31 »

Wow that pisses me off. After finally breaking my 7 raffle loss streak with the bone rider sale I'm really pissed at that.
If love nothing more than to win an etf cap in a raffle. I bought one  on mm to get one though and it's my baby.

Offline 180159

• Just a guy who likes collecting artisan keycaps
« Reply #5835 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 21:33:47 »

No, that's stupid. For instance, if you have nothing to trade or no one wants to trade their limited winter sale caps, and you see one for a ridiculous amount, but have the money to spend what do you do? It shouldn't ban the person that loves a cap enough to buy it at such a high price and at least the cap is out of the hands of that dirty reseller.

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #5836 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 21:34:23 »

This is me. I'll be honest about it. I've paid more than anyone should for a fugu and now that I have extras I don't wanna just be like 'well too bad for me' and eat the money loss.
I thought artisans were silly for a while then something about the fugu was just it for me. I wanted them. Thankfully now I'm a bit more conservative on the colorways I pursue but I still have a few where I'm like 'what am I gonna do about you' 

can say with a clean conscience though that I haven't flipped a fugu, and I will stand to that personal rule. I won two from serenity, my first raffle, and traded them both.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #5837 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 23:12:50 »
I've been trying since post 591 for a fugu.  I don't even have enough artisans to even consider a "fair" trade for a fugu.  People who get a raffle spot and either not pay when the invoice comes or goes and sells it for triple with not a cent of the proceeds going to back to the original designer is just wrong.  Fugu are just a keycap, sure, but ETF put a lot of care into his product and to survive fakes and competition to still come out as a solid contributor to this hobby, is to me worth either selling the cap at your cost or simply holding on to it as support to the creative designer.  I will not, and neither should we, support the flipper hobby and ETF is right to black list those that do.

My 2 cents.

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #5838 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 03:01:39 »
I agree, it's very irritating to see that especially so shortly after a raffle. I'm not too often on mechmarket so If you see it, don't hesitate to shoot me a pm and I'll happily add those users to the no-sell-list.

Oh snap it is on like Donkey Kong. Watch out you flippin' flippers! Then again that'll probably just make them start selling on an alt account.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #5839 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 10:31:48 »
I got 5 caps from the Bee & Barb sale and to be honest I know I could've sold them for now, but I just don't see the point.

All I'm looking to do is some swaps with fellow community members for different colours. I love Fugus so I'm just trying to collect whichever I can. I'd feel wrong buying them to flip, it's something that happens in many hobbies, not just keycaps, and the overall effect it has on the community is a negative one IMO.

I wouldn't particularly judge someone for buying a flipped / high price.. although it doesn't really help the problem of flipping, I think that if someone is willing to pay top brass for a cap they really desire, it's their choice.
KBD75; Alps64 trio; some other stuff

Offline eat_the_food

• Bulb moon raisin
« Reply #5840 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 11:28:25 »
So I've gotten more than a few PM's asking if folks were put on the list. 99% the answer is NO but just for the sake of clarity, my stance on it is this:

• Don't take advantage or be an ******* to your fellow community members. I'm sure the vast majority of us have to deal with general ****tyness throughout the work day and this community should be a place of decompression and relaxation. If I see it, I'll add you to the list. And yes, I hold grudges for a long long time.
  • Selling caps is your business but if you sell them at an egregious markup shortly after a raffle and I'm made aware of it you'll be added to the list.

More

Offline quanghuy1200

« Reply #5841 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 11:41:02 »
I don't like people flip for a fugu too much too.I have lost 3 raffle from ETF and it ia very hard to get fugu.i saw lots of crazy price for people that just get the caps and re-sell it just about 3-4 day after they got it :(

The new HalfShell is such a beautiful cap.Hope i can get it in the next sale

Sent from my Vega Iron using Tapatalk

Offline kaidaizhao

• thock thock thock
« Reply #5842 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 12:05:33 »
I've seen people try to sell their caps for $120 to $150 the day they received them. That is what pisses me off when people take advantage of the situation, vs most of us who enjoy this as a hobby and find joy in trading and seeing what new idea ETF as well as every other maker has who offer.

Worst is the guy who won an otter for free through a giveaway, then he sold it for $250. That was utter bullsnapz.

I've already been screwed by well known member who is no longer active(to my knowledge). Don't be that guy.
« Last Edit: Tue, 31 January 2017, 12:24:22 by kaidaizhao »
Never enough Key Caps

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #5843 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 12:25:09 »

Holy mother of god... Where did you see that? :eek:

Offline quanghuy1200

« Reply #5844 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 12:25:47 »
I've seen people try to sell their caps for $120 to $150 the day they received them. That is what pisses me off when people take advantage of the situation, vs most of us who enjoy this as a hobby and find joy in trading and seeing what new idea ETF as well as every other maker has who offer.

Worst is the guy who won an otter for free through a giveaway, then he sold it for $250. That was utter bullsnapz.

I've already been screwed by well known member who is no longer active(to my knowledge). Don't be that guy.
Damn, that suck

Sent from my Vega Iron using Tapatalk

Offline kaidaizhao

• thock thock thock
« Reply #5845 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 12:28:36 »

It's somewhere on mechmarket last night I believe. I can confirm seeing $700 for each Booper key caps, I believe he had 3 so you're looking at $2100(only a rich Nigerian price could afford). 
Never enough Key Caps

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #5846 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 12:31:52 »
What the... And people actually bought it? Incredible...

Offline bbmathlvr

« Reply #5847 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 12:34:33 »

It's somewhere on mechmarket last night I believe. I can confirm seeing $700 for each Booper key caps, I believe he had 3 so you're looking at $2100(only a rich Nigerian price could afford).

Hold up, one was a blank and he was very kind to sell that one for only $100. /s

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #5848 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 12:35:15 »
Freakin' bargain!

Offline Tally810

« Reply #5849 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 14:22:46 »
So I've gotten more than a few PM's asking if folks were put on the list. 99% the answer is NO but just for the sake of clarity, my stance on it is this:

• Don't take advantage or be an ******* to your fellow community members. I'm sure the vast majority of us have to deal with general ****tyness throughout the work day and this community should be a place of decompression and relaxation. If I see it, I'll add you to the list. And yes, I hold grudges for a long long time.
  • Selling caps is your business but if you sell them at an egregious markup shortly after a raffle and I'm made aware of it you'll be added to the list.
Good guy etf.  Just keep making awesome caps and keep up the hard work man as the quality is great.  I know I had to buy my fugu from the wild west that is mm and actually got a decent deal on it and that thing is my trophy. Thanks for the awesome caps.