Author Topic: Nightcaps: | | |  (Read 45388761 times)

Offline bthezebra

Re: Nightcaps:| | |
« Reply #7400 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 14:50:45 »
https://imgur.com/a/qottb Best week ever for me kb wise.  The scp 073 feels like metal to me and looks amazing.  The Protoculture just looks amazing irl and hard to capture on a camera with the trans top with sparkles down to the solid pink bottom.  Bless etf!

Got both? Damn! Grats, dude!
Thanks dude! Then I got an invoice last night for a sky dolch fugu from originative and won the giveaway for the resin 60 case.  I'm pretty sure I used up all of my luck for the year seeing that I usually lose raffles lol.
https://imgur.com/a/qottb Best week ever for me kb wise.  The scp 073 feels like metal to me and looks amazing.  The Protoculture just looks amazing irl and hard to capture on a camera with the trans top with sparkles down to the solid pink bottom.  Bless etf!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Dude go buy some lotto tickets or something!

Sent from the love gun.

Offline Tally810

« Reply #7401 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 14:53:45 »

Thanks dude! Then I got an invoice last night for a sky dolch fugu from originative and won the giveaway for the resin 60 case.  I'm pretty sure I used up all of my luck for the year seeing that I usually lose raffles lol.

Dude go buy some lotto tickets or something!

Sent from the love gun.
I did actually.  We will see how that turns out lol.

Offline Blurple33

« Reply #7402 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 14:55:13 »
I'm happy about the micro batches happening, but kinda hoping for a regular sale soon!  I've given up all hope of getting a micro batch win cause they're over so quickly and bet some win more than they lose on em.

RIP Ecto-Kake dreams

Yeah. That is definitely the case. There is a thread up on the mechmarket subreddit right now with a user trading both the protoculture and the ecto kake. I am a greedy dude but not greedy enough to take caps out of others' hands to try and use them for trade bait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess I should come on here and say that I'm certainly not a greedy person who's unappreciative of neither ETF's work and dedication nor the value of what these microbatch sales mean for a lot of people. I can sincerely attest to the fact that I appreciate them greatly. I simply happened to be around the right places at the right time for the entry to the microbatches.

There are perhaps two reasons I have posted the Ecto-kake and Protoculture for trade: first is that out of personal choice and preferences, I've been collecting Jelly Key. I simply enjoy their aesthetic, which is the opposite of a sculpted cap. Compared to many sculpting artisan makers' work, it'd be comparing apples to oranges. The second reason would be that I'm posting them for quite nearly impossible finds in the world of JK. I am certainly not thinking of baiting anyone cash offers, and I would not do so, ever.

I hope this clarifies my intention of what happened back on r/mm. I will certainly not be trading either of them easily, if ever at all, and I will be using them to match keysets that I'm looking forward to with much anticipation, such as GMK Terminal_ and GMK Plum. I hope you understand. If you'd like to chat more, I'm more than willing to do so privately as well.

As I can only speak for myself here as it wasn't an intention for you (or others) to feel the need to defend themselves.  You + others won & that's great.  Realistically, there isn't hope for micro batches for practically everyone else.  Sucks especially in my case, where there was only one that I really wanted.  That being said, some will consistently win and that's why I hope for a raffle.  Hell, I'd be happy if these micro batches had a 5 minute window (or certain amount of spots) for a micro raffle instead of the fcfs.

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #7403 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 15:16:04 »
I'm happy about the micro batches happening, but kinda hoping for a regular sale soon!  I've given up all hope of getting a micro batch win cause they're over so quickly and bet some win more than they lose on em.

RIP Ecto-Kake dreams

Yeah. That is definitely the case. There is a thread up on the mechmarket subreddit right now with a user trading both the protoculture and the ecto kake. I am a greedy dude but not greedy enough to take caps out of others' hands to try and use them for trade bait.

Guess I should come on here and say that I'm certainly not a greedy person who's unappreciative of neither ETF's work and dedication nor the value of what these microbatch sales mean for a lot of people. I can sincerely attest to the fact that I appreciate them greatly. I simply happened to be around the right places at the right time for the entry to the microbatches.

There are perhaps two reasons I have posted the Ecto-kake and Protoculture for trade: first is that out of personal choice and preferences, I've been collecting Jelly Key. I simply enjoy their aesthetic, which is the opposite of a sculpted cap. Compared to many sculpting artisan makers' work, it'd be comparing apples to oranges. The second reason would be that I'm posting them for quite nearly impossible finds in the world of JK. I am certainly not thinking of baiting anyone cash offers, and I would not do so, ever.

I hope this clarifies my intention of what happened back on r/mm. I will certainly not be trading either of them easily, if ever at all, and I will be using them to match keysets that I'm looking forward to with much anticipation, such as GMK Terminal_ and GMK Plum. I hope you understand. If you'd like to chat more, I'm more than willing to do so privately as well.

As I can only speak for myself here as it wasn't an intention for you (or others) to feel the need to defend themselves.  You + others won & that's great.  Realistically, there isn't hope for micro batches for practically everyone else.  Sucks especially in my case, where there was only one that I really wanted.  That being said, some will consistently win and that's why I hope for a raffle.  Hell, I'd be happy if these micro batches had a 5 minute window (or certain amount of spots) for a micro raffle instead of the fcfs.

They do have a certain number of spots. My guess is the time it takes to do the raffle is what ETF is trying to avoid.

Offline Blurple33

« Reply #7404 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 15:28:12 »

RIP Ecto-Kake dreams

They do have a certain number of spots. My guess is the time it takes to do the raffle is what ETF is trying to avoid.

I had meant "certain amount of spots" in the notion of a raffle (i.e. first 50 to sign the form with only 15 winners).

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #7405 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 16:40:20 »

RIP Ecto-Kake dreams

I had meant "certain amount of spots" in the notion of a raffle (i.e. first 50 to sign the form with only 15 winners).

What you are suggesting is just making it a larger pool to draw from? If the item is a one-off that the artisan made while testing stuff out and doesn't want to commit to dealing with a magnitude of invoices, so be it. They have lives and as far as I know, no one is doing it as a full time job.

The issue is people not having a chance to get whatever it is and that won't change and they get upset about it. You could make it first 20 invoices, first 50, first 100, certain lengths of time. ETF, or any other artisan, can do it however he wants and people are going to be salty regardless.

Basically I'm saying no method is perfect. Raffles are probably the most fair, but take the most time.

edit: I got in on HWS left over sale and asked for 2 animal caps but got an orc and a switch doctor. Am I a bad person that I put up a thread right when I got them? I appreciate the work and detail that went into these but they are really not my style. I'm a bad person.=\
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 April 2017, 16:42:56 by Theconejo »

Offline rotciveel

• Fugu Curator Extraordinaire
« Reply #7406 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 16:46:13 »
i like etf raffles and fcfs micro-batches. etf is the man, he can do whatever he likes  :thumb:

Offline shinz0

• i was told there would be cake
« Reply #7407 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 16:49:32 »
i like etf raffles and fcfs micro-batches. etf is the man, he can do whatever he likes  :thumb:

+1

Offline Tally810

« Reply #7408 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 16:53:18 »
Fugus and freedom.....Murica https://imgur.com/a/3bpIi

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7409 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 16:54:50 »

+1
+2

Although... I tend to get salty when I miss out on the micro sales.

Offline nukkawut

« Reply #7410 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 16:55:38 »

Nobody's arguing with you there. Sadly, the people who get the fugu can also do whatever they like with them. I wouldn't be bummed if they went to forever homes but that is clearly not the case.

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #7411 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 16:55:46 »

That lens flare makes me feel like its a legitimate movie scene. =P

Offline Tally810

« Reply #7412 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 16:57:02 »

That lens flare makes me feel like its a legitimate movie scene. =P
Yea ****ty camera phone :(  I have another pink toothy but it's on my daughters board.

Offline nukkawut

« Reply #7413 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 17:20:26 »

RIP Ecto-Kake dreams

What you are suggesting is just making it a larger pool to draw from? If the item is a one-off that the artisan made while testing stuff out and doesn't want to commit to dealing with a magnitude of invoices, so be it. They have lives and as far as I know, no one is doing it as a full time job.

The issue is people not having a chance to get whatever it is and that won't change and they get upset about it. You could make it first 20 invoices, first 50, first 100, certain lengths of time. ETF, or any other artisan, can do it however he wants and people are going to be salty regardless.

Basically I'm saying no method is perfect. Raffles are probably the most fair, but take the most time.

edit: I got in on HWS left over sale and asked for 2 animal caps but got an orc and a switch doctor. Am I a bad person that I put up a thread right when I got them? I appreciate the work and detail that went into these but they are really not my style. I'm a bad person.=\

In reply to your edit: not at all scummy in that context. However if you knew which cap and colorway you were buying when you bought them that's a different story. You see the difference, right?

Offline Blurple33

« Reply #7414 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 17:22:00 »

I agree with you on many fronts: people being mad about not getting picked, artisan creators running sales in whatever way they choose, & that no method is perfect. 
Yes, I am suggesting a bigger pool to draw from rather than fcfs.  In the vein of raffles being the most fair, if a raffle sign up sheet is open for 5 minutes seems a lot more fair than fcfs.  Per stated before, EtF + Makers can run these sales however they choose & that's the bottom line.  I can only make suggestions for what I think would be more fair.   If fcfs is the way, then that's that; it's not my decision.

Knowing what you like & what you don't like doesn't qualify for a bad person. :)

Quick edit: Mystery Bags are def a different beast
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 April 2017, 17:24:56 by Blurple33 »

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #7415 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 17:31:53 »
Best to focus on ourselves and less on others. Leads to a happier life and a less polluted artisan thread  :-*

Offline Overchecken8

« Reply #7416 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 19:54:03 »
Best to focus on ourselves and less on others. Leads to a happier life and a less polluted artisan thread  :-*
these micro batch fugus have been phenomenal. Can't wait to see the next one.

Offline ashwinv11

• give me foog
« Reply #7417 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 01:36:53 »

So beautiful ETF

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #7418 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 02:08:01 »
I need it with ecto cooooooooler!!!

Offline sitch

« Reply #7419 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 02:20:14 »
You can't stop people from flipping the caps but you can stop yourself from getting triggered.

Complaining only gives etf headache so might as well just try harder next time, in the end they are all just plastic caps if you dont love them :D

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #7420 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 03:16:09 »
Show Image

So beautiful ETF

Nice picture, the caps look great

Offline atomicus

« Reply #7421 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 07:47:21 »
I'm really curious as to the creative and manufacturing process behind these. Is it a trade secret or any behind the scenes/making of info out there? :)

Offline zacheadams

• Friendly Neighborhood Keyboard Enthusiast
« Reply #7422 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 09:57:54 »
I'm really curious as to the creative and manufacturing process behind these. Is it a trade secret or any behind the scenes/making of info out there? :)

I know this is sorta the imperfect thread for it, but ETF talks about this on chat clients a little bit and Binge certainly does so frequently - lots of tips on creation of artisans and working with resin.

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #7423 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 10:00:28 »

I know this is sorta the imperfect thread for it, but ETF talks about this on chat clients a little bit and Binge certainly does so frequently - lots of tips on creation of artisans and working with resin.

What chat clients? I'd like to listen in sometimes.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #7424 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 10:23:11 »

This was the video that made me want to start making caps

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #7425 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 02:08:38 »
Hey there,
I hope I am not doing something wrong by posting a question here, but I am new to the artisan keycap scene and I really like the Fugu. For most other artisans I have found an email list or something I can subscribe to get alerted, but so far this is the only thread/area I have found for Nightcaps (and based on the OP it doesn't look like it's a main thread but just one particular sale?)

Can anyone tell me how to stay abreast of any opportunities to buy new Fugus?

KBD75 GMK Terminal          XD84 DSA Black on GSF + Hana Matcha + Serum

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #7426 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 02:21:18 »
Geekhack Classifieds.
Reddit Mechmarket (reddit.com/r/mechmarket).
Sales in this thread and on reddit by Eat The Food.

Lots of Bee & Barb and Prismatic Fugus have been for sale and fantastic prices. Such beautiful craftsmanship and colors.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline menuhin

« Reply #7427 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 04:03:51 »
Show Image

So beautiful ETF

St. Patrick!
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline oompa2014

« Reply #7428 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 16:09:58 »
Hey everyone, new to mechanical keyboards/ geekhack/ fugu, but I was wondering if there has ever been a RGBY fugu? I did some research and am having trouble finding the answer so I thought I would ask here!

I understand that the prismatic series are all single colors (correct me if I am wrong), but I am wondering if there has ever been a fugu that had all 4 colors combined into one? Thank you for the help!

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #7429 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 16:20:42 »
Hey everyone, new to mechanical keyboards/ geekhack/ fugu, but I was wondering if there has ever been a RGBY fugu? I did some research and am having trouble finding the answer so I thought I would ask here!

I understand that the prismatic series are all single colors (correct me if I am wrong), but I am wondering if there has ever been a fugu that had all 4 colors combined into one? Thank you for the help!

there was a couple 12shot ones made that had all the colors mixed. here is a picture of it

http://imgur.com/a/Nxct6

Offline oompa2014

« Reply #7430 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 16:30:54 »

there was a couple 12shot ones made that had all the colors mixed. here is a picture of it

Thank you very much, Ill definitely have to keep my eyes out now! Is there a particular style name for these?

Offline Arallu

« Reply #7431 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 16:34:26 »
They should mostly all be listed in the Nightcaps Catalog: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=81390.0
But that multi-colored one is called Psycho Moon

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #7432 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 16:34:43 »

Thank you very much, Ill definitely have to keep my eyes out now! Is there a particular style name for these?

here is a better one

Show Image

I keep coming back to this picture. It's basically a Pollock painting in fugu form.

Fun fact: Pollock is also a species of fish. ETF = Jackson Pollock confirmed.

Offline HouseofSuffering

« Reply #7433 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 16:35:21 »
Psycho Moon

Please see the Catalog for all you Fugu/Nightcap inquiries.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=81390.0

Offline Overchecken8

« Reply #7434 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 16:37:19 »
EGG!!!

Offline shinz0

« Reply #7435 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 16:38:00 »

Offline HouseofSuffering

« Reply #7436 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 16:38:32 »

here is a better one

Show Image

I keep coming back to this picture. It's basically a Pollock painting in fugu form.

Fun fact: Pollock is also a species of fish. ETF = Jackson Pollock confirmed.

gone but not forgotten.  :'(

« Last Edit: Fri, 07 April 2017, 16:41:39 by HouseofSuffering »

Offline ghostdeini

« Reply #7437 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 16:39:44 »
The eggman cometh!!!! Bless you ETF  :)

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #7438 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 16:41:34 »
EGG
Biking is fun.

Offline Tally810

« Reply #7439 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 16:41:42 »
YAY EGGGGG

Offline shinz0

« Reply #7440 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 16:51:46 »

HYPE

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #7441 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 17:21:32 »
Updated info will be posted here.

EGG

Yeah but what could that even mean. /s

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
« Reply #7442 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 17:23:09 »
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #7443 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 18:41:31 »

Offline atomicus

« Reply #7444 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 18:43:42 »
My prediction: Zombie theme. If you can figure out the rather extraneous thought process behind that, bonus points and pat yourself on the back, you is smart. ;)

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #7445 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 20:47:05 »

Offline P1kas

• AKA Crono
« Reply #7446 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 20:52:47 »
 ETF, will this sale include some of your eggheads? I've wanted one of those for a while now.
There is no such thing as "too much orange."

Offline Tally810

« Reply #7447 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 20:55:15 »
ETF, will this sale include some of your eggheads? I've wanted one of those for a while now.
He usually throws out these little subtle hint so it looks like eggface might be in the next sale which is noice

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #7448 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 21:04:47 »
He usually throws out these little subtle hint so it looks like eggface might be in the next sale which is noice

Wasn't exactly a subtle hint. So my guess is this is going to be an eggface only sale  :-\

Offline Tally810

« Reply #7449 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 21:07:55 »

Wasn't exactly a subtle hint. So my guess is this is going to be an eggface only sale  :-\
Yea I really like eggface.  A toothy fugu sale would also be pretty amazing