Author Topic: Nightcaps: | | |  (Read 45388689 times)

Offline braidn

Re: Nightcaps: Poisoned Summer: Day 26 complete
« Reply #11650 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 10:43:03 »
Mhm
Show Image

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Literally no one cares at this point about the saltiness of this "sale". It's beyond measure
I don't get being salty though. We're getting an opportunity we didn't have before. If it's fcfs and you miss it(me literally missing all of them) nobody is off any worse than they were before. Sale missed, move on, try for next one. I knew with like a 99% certainty I was gonna miss the eBay sales but I still tried, and went to looking forward to the next trivia.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I totally agree. Although I have slightly overreacted when I missed the sale. I also don't even expect to win any eBay ones. I'm pretty sure if my Spidey Sense is correct that we will see this on MM today. Of course I'm just talking out of my Spidey Sense so feel free to ignore that.
I gave up on speculation at this point :D but yeah initial reaction is "F$#@!.. oh well, tomorrow will be my day" so far I've only won the PS BK, but I feel like there will be fugu in my future!

At this point, it seems to be entering quantity. Most of those of us who have been entering everyday since the beginning have won 3+ times. So if you're new, just enter everyday and eventually you'll hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, 'if you are new'... says the 95% of folks here with 0 posts.

Offline DirtyMonkey43

« Reply #11651 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 10:44:39 »
Mhm
Show Image

Literally no one cares at this point about the saltiness of this "sale". It's beyond measure
I don't get being salty though. We're getting an opportunity we didn't have before. If it's fcfs and you miss it(me literally missing all of them) nobody is off any worse than they were before. Sale missed, move on, try for next one. I knew with like a 99% certainty I was gonna miss the eBay sales but I still tried, and went to looking forward to the next trivia.

I totally agree. Although I have slightly overreacted when I missed the sale. I also don't even expect to win any eBay ones. I'm pretty sure if my Spidey Sense is correct that we will see this on MM today. Of course I'm just talking out of my Spidey Sense so feel free to ignore that.
I gave up on speculation at this point :D but yeah initial reaction is "F$#@!.. oh well, tomorrow will be my day" so far I've only won the PS BK, but I feel like there will be fugu in my future!

At this point, it seems to be entering quantity. Most of those of us who have been entering everyday since the beginning have won 3+ times. So if you're new, just enter everyday and eventually you'll hit.

I meant new to this sale, as in only beginning to enter recently.

Offline rotciveel

• Fugu Curator Extraordinaire
Re: Nightcaps: Poisoned Summer: Day 27 Catching up on shipping
« Reply #11652 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 11:48:19 »
Day of rest! :)

On mobile - excuse any typos.

Offline bbmathlvr

« Reply #11653 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 12:06:16 »
Thank you coalman. Now I can finally put my phone down for the day.

Probably TeX'ing right now.

Offline sublyme

• sublyme_keys
« Reply #11654 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 12:09:34 »
Mhm
Show Image

I meant new to this sale, as in only beginning to enter recently.

I havent entered everyday but damn near that lol. I have received 1 invoice. Hopefully I can get at least one more.

Offline hayt

• * Maker
« Reply #11655 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 12:23:35 »
Mhm
Show Image

I think it's great seeing all the new faces going in for Artisans.

Offline flyingalbatross1

« Reply #11656 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 12:35:36 »
Mhm
Show Image

I wasn't being salty - I pointed out the reasons why the FCFS is impossible for some, hence why I didn't bother trying this time around - I'm not upset about it, just took a decision not to get involved.

Raffle and RNG chance is enough for me when time zone lines up.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #11657 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 13:36:50 »
Mhm
Show Image

I wasn't being salty - I pointed out the reasons why the FCFS is impossible for some, hence why I didn't bother trying this time around - I'm not upset about it, just took a decision not to get involved.

That wasn't directed towards you. I was saying in general I get upset initially for not winning but I'm just happy to know of it. Hate being the guy to find out after the event is over :(

Offline flyingalbatross1

« Reply #11658 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 13:52:08 »
Mhm
Show Image

That wasn't directed towards you. I was saying in general I get upset initially for not winning but I'm just happy to know of it. Hate being the guy to find out after the event is over :(

I see ;)

Being a business owner myself, if I was ETF I'd seriously be considering jacking my job in and making caps full time.

There's people here fighting to give him $1000 a day in ten seconds.

Let's say he went full time and made 20 caps a day ongoing. Or 40. Yeah there's a saturation point but it feels like this hobby is growing fast. Could pull $500k in a year. Maybe he could make it to a mill over two years or less before the bubble bursts? Assuming he hasn't got an unobtainable or special job, he could walk back into industry with 'successful business owner' on his CV.

Of course, I don't know his situation etc and leaving a presumably safe job isn't for everyone. And I want a fugu. Probably be happy with one and leave it at that.

Offline ensulyn

• I make sawdust
« Reply #11659 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 14:27:29 »
Coalmine says eBay so there's no point playing!

Last time they had sold by the time they came up and I was hammering F5.

I genuinely believe the time it takes to propagate through eBay servers to Europe is longer than the time it takes to sell them.

O wow I didn't even know artisans on ebay was a thing. Yeah guess I'm out of this sale today since I don't feel like getting the ebay app.
Ive found that the ebay app is unusable trying to see what ETF is selling. Ive only been able to see it on desktop.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #11660 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 14:50:02 »
Mhm
Show Image

I see ;)

Being a business owner myself, if I was ETF I'd seriously be considering jacking my job in and making caps full time.

Let's say he went full time and made 20 caps a day ongoing. Or 40. Yeah there's a saturation point but it feels like this hobby is growing fast. Could pull $500k in a year. Maybe he could make it to a mill over two years or less before the bubble bursts? Assuming he hasn't got an unobtainable or special job, he could walk back into industry with 'successful business owner' on his CV.

Of course, I don't know his situation etc and leaving a presumably safe job isn't for everyone. And I want a fugu. Probably be happy with one and leave it at that.

I don't believe the market would remain  if he were to continue sales at the rate you're talking about, nor do I believe ETF would want to craft and cast 24/7/365.  Also, most makers do this because they enjoy it and not for the money (although I'm guessing it's a nice bonus :D) so I don't see this happening.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline sublyme

• sublyme_keys
« Reply #11661 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 15:26:20 »
Mhm
Show Image

I see ;)

I don't believe the market would remain  if he were to continue sales at the rate you're talking about, nor do I believe ETF would want to craft and cast 24/7/365.  Also, most makers do this because they enjoy it and not for the money (although I'm guessing it's a nice bonus :D) so I don't see this happening.
Plus the taxes and LLC fees n such. It starts to become much more than a hobby.

Offline wishful_cynic

« Reply #11662 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 06:56:05 »
WHO'S READY FOR TOPRE???  GOT premiere and ETF topre premiere aligned, I can feel it.  :cool:

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #11663 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 06:56:19 »
Mhm
Show Image

I see ;)

Plus the taxes and LLC fees n such. It starts to become much more than a hobby.
True that, but I imagine the overhead is so low. Either way it's gotta be good money, especially if it's just money on the side

Offline bbmathlvr

« Reply #11664 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 07:01:51 »
WHO'S READY FOR TOPRE???  GOT premiere and ETF topre premiere aligned, I can feel it.  :cool:

Topre!? Nice! Hopefully I can enter a few this week; conferencing be damned.

Offline wishful_cynic

« Reply #11665 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 07:24:50 »

I hope it's topre!  And I get it, our wedding is Saturday, so I don't have much time to chill with Coleman this week.

Offline sublyme

• sublyme_keys
« Reply #11666 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 07:44:51 »

I hope it's topre!  And I get it, our wedding is Saturday, so I don't have much time to chill with Coleman this week.
Really hope its topre. I picked up the rf87u about 6 months ago.

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #11667 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 08:58:03 »

Would prob die if topre splatter baby waterlemon v2 happened.

Offline meepmeep

• meep meep meep, meep meep meep. Meep!
« Reply #11668 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 09:12:00 »

BAS1C if it is I hope you get in. and I hope he fn's you too....

Offline shuangmu

« Reply #11669 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 09:21:55 »
Find day22 bk, please contact me  ;)
                                                                           Love Artisan<3
                                                                                                                                       Love geekhack                     

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #11670 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 10:14:32 »

BAS1C if it is I hope you get in. and I hope he fn's you too....

Be so happppyyy <3. Can't wait to see what this week brings!

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #11671 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 11:40:54 »
Oh lort... It's gonna be a long day at work, I wanna see that PS colorway in person.

Offline wishful_cynic

« Reply #11672 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 11:45:32 »
Oh lort... It's gonna be a long day at work, I wanna see that PS colorway in person.
Show Image

Sweet!  Which cap did you get?

Offline braidn

« Reply #11673 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 11:51:12 »

Would equally die! Waiting patiently for V2 Topre to happen.

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #11674 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 11:54:09 »
Show Image

Bomb king! It would have been nice to get the fugu but It will be my first BK so I'm stoked either way.

Offline wishful_cynic

« Reply #11675 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 12:03:42 »
Show Image

Bomb king! It would have been nice to get the fugu but It will be my first BK so I'm stoked either way.

Bomb Kings are a really cool sculpt.  Not sure why they don't get more love.

Offline AuthenticDanger

Re: Nightcaps: Poisoned Summer: Day 28 Mystery Monday
« Reply #11676 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 12:33:32 »
Mystery Monday is the best!!
F Keys belong on the left.

« Reply #11677 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 12:34:07 »
Mystery Monday time bb

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #11678 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 12:47:30 »
Additionally, for all you topre fans we'll have a dedicated sale later in the week.  :-*

Hold me bb.

Offline bbmathlvr

« Reply #11679 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 12:48:53 »
Additionally, for all you topre fans we'll have a dedicated sale later in the week.  :-*

Hold me bb.
I'm holdin'

Offline tikkaman

• eat mor chikin tikka
« Reply #11680 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 12:51:24 »

Do you guys think this means a non Poisoned Summer sale?

Offline wishful_cynic

« Reply #11681 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 12:52:43 »

Or the month-end finale?

Offline tikkaman

• eat mor chikin tikka
« Reply #11682 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 12:56:30 »

Or the month-end finale?

That could be it! It's almost been 30 days of this madness haha

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #11683 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 12:56:56 »

Or the month-end finale?

Dunno but praying for V2 electric marmalade and waterlemon :O

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #11684 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 13:15:53 »
Yay topper!

Offline braidn

« Reply #11685 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 13:20:29 »
Would love to see a more formal sale to Topre off this madness  :p

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #11686 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 13:22:02 »
can we make it a requirement to have topre board timestamp pls for topre entry so I can avoid that part where it gets flipped at me. lol  :))

Offline wishful_cynic

« Reply #11687 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 13:23:05 »
can we make it a requirement to have topre board timestamp pls for topre entry so I can avoid that part where it gets flipped at me. lol  :))

+1  :thumb:

Offline braidn

« Reply #11688 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 13:25:34 »

Or just no flipping...

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #11689 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 13:26:32 »

Or just no flipping...

lol. when pigs fly my dude.

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #11690 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 13:36:36 »

But what if we have Topre boards in the mail and nothing to timestamp this week?

Offline braidn

« Reply #11691 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 13:43:44 »

But what if we have Topre boards in the mail and nothing to timestamp this week?

Timestamp that receipt!  :-*

Offline bbmathlvr

« Reply #11692 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 14:28:15 »

I'm also out of town and can't timestamp. Also, I doubt etf wants to wade through that mess.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #11693 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 15:15:13 »
Just looking at the date, I'd be interesting if the thread goes up at 1717 7-17-17. But would that be 1717 EST, PST, Zulu, other?
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline meepmeep

• meep meep meep, meep meep meep. Meep!
« Reply #11694 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 15:17:04 »
Just looking at the date, I'd be interesting if the thread goes up at 1717 7-17-17. But would that be 1717 EST, PST, Zulu, other?
Daniel you're interesting any time of the day!

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #11695 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 15:19:51 »

PST (ETF is in Portland Oregon) but he's already done a few in the 5-6pm window. I think he's trying to vary the time of day a bit and not cater to 1 timezone over others.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #11696 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 15:28:21 »
PST (ETF is in Portland Oregon) but he's already done a few in the 5-6pm window. I think he's trying to vary the time of day a bit and not cater to 1 timezone over others.

But the date is crazy today, and the Poisoned Summer has poisoned my mind. I'll check around 1717 PST and if I'm lucky cool, if not then I'm not planning on putting much effort in any more.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #11697 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 15:31:24 »

But the date is crazy today, and the Poisoned Summer has poisoned my mind. I'll check around 1717 PST and if I'm lucky cool, if not then I'm not planning on putting much effort in any more.

I almost hope you're right, though I'll be in a car and have to pull over to enter. You just can't predict this sale though, it's all over the place!

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #11698 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 15:51:19 »

Maybe 7:17?

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #11699 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 15:57:12 »

Maybe 7:17?

Maybe Austin 3:16?
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)