Author Topic: Overpaying for Artisans- The Taboo Topic  (Read 44891 times)

Offline Pdub

Re: Overpaying for Artisans- The Taboo Topic
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 16:02:14 »
Hey you're breaching the NDA!
'

never signed one

You didn't know the payment is the signature?

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 16:03:24 »
You did when you paid
  :D hey we've all had a dark past of inflating prices

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 16:05:05 »
The phrase: "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" could not be more truth than here.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 16:05:08 »
'

never signed one

^

You did when you paid
  :D hey we've all had a dark past of inflating prices

No shame in my game. I've sold for $$$. I'd be stupid not to with the prices I was offered. And I don't fault anybody for buying or selling either.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 16:05:42 »
'

never signed one

is this grounds for Duress ?

Offline Pdub

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 16:07:03 »
'

never signed one

is this grounds for a Duress ?

More like grounds for demanding a second clack for the actual signature of the first clack NDA.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 16:09:49 »
'

never signed one

is this grounds for a Duress ?

More like grounds for demanding a second clack for the actual signature of the first clack NDA.

going to need a lawyer but I dont have $$ I will be starting a go fund me page  :p

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 16:12:58 »
I know I have paid over retail for my 1st cap a blackout BBv2, I did that though because I have nothing to trade and it was easier to snag it. But I can honestly say that I will not do it again. 405 and previously listed prices are crazy! Especially when K3 sells almost the same thing for under 50.

Yes I know they are a bit different than Clacks but F me if you think I am going to drop almost 2700 USD to do the top row of my KB when all I want is for it to look cool and be unique!

The example of qazeqaz is the perfect example about why I'll never understand why Bro Caps don't wanna keep releasing new BroBot V2's collections, let's say every season. He already won the game. It's the greatest design of all time, he will never be able to change people's minds about that, no matter what new designs he invents. He already made something great and people love it, why not make it available for them? He's not the only one able to make these robots. Sooner or later somebody is gonna turn the "I don't give a f*ck mode" and will replicate these things like Xerox. He will never be able to stop somebody from doing that in Asia for example and boy, knowing how those countries work I guarantee you that. Freezing PayPal accounts won't work neither.

Sooner or later he's gonna lose control.

If people like stuff that you make, in my opinion you should listen to them and let them have it. Fighting against the desire of the crowd is a lost cause. It's his design and creation and probably he has some respect for it, therefore he should act before it's too late, in my opinion.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 16:28:10 »
I know I have paid over retail for my 1st cap a blackout BBv2, I did that though because I have nothing to trade and it was easier to snag it. But I can honestly say that I will not do it again. 405 and previously listed prices are crazy! Especially when K3 sells almost the same thing for under 50.

Yes I know they are a bit different than Clacks but F me if you think I am going to drop almost 2700 USD to do the top row of my KB when all I want is for it to look cool and be unique!

The example of qazeqaz is the perfect example about why I'll never understand why Bro Caps don't wanna keep releasing new BroBot V2's collections, let's say every season. He already won the game. It's the greatest design of all time, he will never be able to change people's minds about that, no matter what new designs he invents. He already made something great and people love it, why not make it available for them? He's not the only one able to make these robots. Sooner or later somebody is gonna turn the "I don't give a f*ck mode" and will replicate these things like Xerox. He will never be able to stop somebody from doing that in Asia for example and boy, knowing how those countries work I guarantee you that. Freezing PayPal accounts won't work neither.

If people like stuff that you make, in my opinion you should listen to them and let them have it. Fighting against the desire of the crowd is a lost cause. It's his design and creation and probably he has some respect for it, therefore he should act before it's too late, in my opinion.

Why do you need to keep bringing my name up in every one of your posts? Your 'everyone should have one' mentality is ridiculous considering your shenanigans, in where you created fake demand for a keyset in which you stated over and over you wouldn't run again (to ensure you keep that demand), yet here you are going back on your word and doing a second run. You got serious nerve, dude.

I am, and always have been a one-man job (except for my mother helping me with shipping). Your irrational argument for me having to provide for demand is ridiculous. And your assumption that nothing can be done about fakes on taobao is also misinformed. Alibaba (aka taobao) has very strict rules regarding copyright infringement. I am simply waiting on the proper paperwork and process to begin removing any and all copies of my works there.

You think I don't listen to my fans? I have increased how much I produce significantly. There are tons of people who win things, but dont post. Better believe I meet a large amount of the demand. If you want ****ty knock-offs from scumbag people, go for it.
But don't make asinine assumptions about things which you have ZERO knowledge about.

Thanks.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 16:34:45 »
Is this where I say thank you for your input ?

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 16:38:47 »
Is this where I say thank you for your input ?

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 16:40:46 »
You are assuming many things that I didn't say, and I wonder why are you reacting like this. Calm down mate.

First of all, I don't think you should meet any demands. I simply said that you should re run the design, under the numbers you and your family members are capable of producing. I also never said anything about my own projects and never said anything about Alibaba. K3 for example is selling loads of your design outside Alibaba, and he's just an example. There are many others replicating it.

I never questioned the number of winners, kudos for accepting more winners. The thing is that people just don't like the newer things you make, as much as they like the V2.

Cool your jets partner. Turning a healthy discussion into something personal is irrational. Scroll over my post history and see if I ever mentioned your name before. To be honest, I don't give a damn what you're going to do with your designs. I'm simply voicing my opinion, and still don't understand why you don't want to keep this artificial V2 rarity since you can still make them.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 16:45:04 »
You are assuming many things that I didn't say, and I wonder why are you reacting like this. Calm down mate.

First of all, I don't think you should meet any demands. I simply said that you should re run the design, under the numbers you and your family members are capable of producing. I also never said anything about my own projects and never said anything about Alibaba. K3 for example is selling loads of your design outside Alibaba, and he's just an example. There are many others replicating it.

I never questioned the number of winners, kudos for accepting more winners. The thing is that people just don't like the newer things you make, as much as they like the V2.

Cool your jets partner. Turning a healthy discussion into something personal is irrational. Scroll over my post history and see if I ever mentioned your name before. To be honest, I don't give a damn what you're going to do with your designs. I'm simply voicing my opinion, and still don't understand why you don't want to keep this artificial V2 rarity since you can still make them.

Typical response I would have expected from you. There's nothing personal, and I am not mad at all. Just stating facts. Those things you typically leave out of your arguments.

Peace.
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 February 2016, 16:55:23 by Bro Caps »

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 16:47:18 »

.... The thing is that people just don't like the newer things you make, as much as they like the V2.

what?

Just.. stop talking.

You are trying to speak for everyone, when you have no idea what people do and don't like.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 16:47:33 »
Since there is such a lack of artisans around, it wouldn't be logical to sell something for less of its value. That's why lots of people only have stuff up for trade, they aren't putting a price tag directly but, they aren't trading it for a cap worth 50$.
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 16:47:38 »
It's almost as if you think that artists are capitalists and not people exploring creative endeavors and doing something they enjoy.  Yes, there are some that are pretty much here for the money, but there are others who do it because they enjoy it.

And artificial rarity?  Wanting to try new designs and to sell those new designs is not creating artificial rarity, it's artistic growth, regardless of what people think.  I'll admit that I prefer the V1 Reaper, but I would never try and tell Bro what to do because it's his art to explore how he wants to.  Not only that, but different people have different tastes.
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 February 2016, 16:49:54 by nubbinator »

Offline OTD

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 16:49:26 »
I see someone who is digging a deeper hole than previously thought possible. I think it is a good idea to just be temporarily silent for now so you don't burn your self out and quit the hobby again sir mito.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 16:50:37 »
messages every member of ctrlalt and bro caps begging for new design

gets ignored because or previous harassment and personal attacks of aforementioned members

insults new designs 
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 16:51:33 »
I liken artisans to buying prints, it can be recreated with the original mold multiple times at great accuracy.

We aren't really buying original art just a copy of it (unless a one off*) *still debatable.

Either way in the two years I've been here it's gone from acquiring artisans from friends as gifts to now whoever will offer me $200+ per artisan.

A few have brought the price up and everyone else just follows the prices.
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 16:52:42 »

.... The thing is that people just don't like the newer things you make, as much as they like the V2.

what?

Just.. stop talking.

You are trying to speak for everyone, when you have no idea what people do and don't like.

Let's make a poll then, ask what's people's favorite Bro Caps keycap design and I will eat a sock if the BroBot V2 ends up losing it.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 16:53:48 »

what?

Just.. stop talking.

Let's make a poll then, ask what's people's favorite Bro Caps keycap design and I will eat a sock if the BroBot V2 ends up losing it.

There was a vote on which design people wanted to come back...Ribbit won by a landslide...

Edit: Ah, didn't see BBv2 wasn't part of the poll :3 but still, I don't think that's the point...
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 February 2016, 16:58:12 by mobbo »
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 16:54:43 »

gets ignored because or previous harassment and personal attacks of aforementioned members

insults new designs

+ people who intentionally lowball you so hard then slowly reveal their real hand.

Seen people offering a single bbv2 or clack for the special occasion beatdown bbv2 bro someone has.

Kind of sad how low these artisans can drive someone to go.
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 February 2016, 16:57:28 by Meiosis »
Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 16:59:25 »

What the hell are you talking about, can you prove it? I asked if Bro wanted to make a Pulse cap, just like I asked every other artisan maker out there. I see that your twisting skills are still in full force. Too bad you can't move on from things mate, tried to be friends with you many times.

Yeah, it's sad that you and others ignore people like high schoolers. I thought I was dealing with adults.

insults new designs

Saying that people prefer older designs is different from insulting newer ones, read again and you'll understand.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #73 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 16:59:35 »

insults new designs

+ people who intentionally lowball you so hard then slowly reveal their real hand.

Seen people offering a single bbv2 for the special occasion beatdown bbv2 bro someone has.

Goes both ways.  I can't tell you how many times I've seen people insist on trades where they fake scarcity or rarity to unbalance the trade in their favor with someone naïve or new.  My favorite is when they take that cap that might sell for $200 aftermarket, trade for two or one more rare cap, then flip it/them for $400.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:01:27 »

insults new designs

Seen people offering a single bbv2 for the special occasion beatdown bbv2 bro someone has.

Goes both ways.  I can't tell you how many times I've seen people insist on trades where they fake scarcity or rarity to unbalance the trade in their favor with someone naïve or new.  My favorite is when they take that cap that might sell for $200 aftermarket, trade for two or one more rare cap, then flip it/them for $400.

The ol' "depth white"

I mean asking for an absurd amount isn't nearly as bad as just feigning ignorance until you get caught.. 
But yes.. the worst is when someone says "thats my end game" then you see them flipping it a week or two later...
Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:02:52 »
WTS Rare Clack

1 of 3 in existence

Won't reveal which clack it is until you pay for it

PM with offer

PP only, thx

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:04:38 »
WTS Rare Clack

1 of 3 in existence

PM with offer

PP only, thx

I bet you're getting a inbox full of PM's

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #77 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:05:11 »
Selling my clacks at retail pm me.

More
just kidding

Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:05:11 »
WTS Rare Clack

1 of 3 in existence

PM with offer

PP only, thx

WTS rare Clack

1 of 5 in existence

You know what it is

PM with offer

Virgins, diamonds, platinum, titanium, bearer bonds, cash all accepted.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:05:25 »

funny, i dont see any mention of you asking bro to make a pulse cap

just begging for a free flatline reaper

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:05:52 »
WTS Rare Clack

1 of 3 in existence

PM with offer

PP only, thx

I bet you're getting a inbox full of PM's

i pm'd told me its k3kc + clack collab clack

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:05:52 »
...Calm down mate.

...Cool your jets partner. Turning a healthy discussion into something personal is irrational.

wut.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:09:19 »
Bro Caps, if you need any proof that people don't like your newer designs as much as they like the V2, just create a poll and ask which one they prefer, the TR8-0R or the Celestial Blue BBV2. Or perhaps Vintage Reaper or the Ribbit. I don't understand your aggressiveness bud, just relax and try to learn something good out of this discussion man.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:11:44 »
...bud, just relax and try to learn something good out of this discussion man.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:12:03 »
Bro Caps, if you need any proof that people don't like your newer designs as much as they like the V2, just create a poll and ask which one they prefer, the TR8-0R or the Celestial Blue BBV2. Or perhaps Vintage Reaper or the Ribbit. I don't understand your aggressiveness bud, just relax and try to learn something good out of this discussion man.

Pardon me, but how am I being aggressive by posting facts? Your need to create drama is top stuff, sir.

It doesn't matter if one design has more demand than another. It's my work and I will distribute it as I see fit. If you don't like a design, don't buy it.
Every design I have produced in every sale has sold out. So I don't understand the logic here.

V2 isn't coming back. Period. There will be new things coming out that will fill that space.

So please, relax and take a break.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #85 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:12:13 »
I personally do not sell my keycaps, either at retail or at high aftermarket prices. I don't sell at aftermarket prices because I'm friends with Bro -- I think FrostyToast's metaphor about the lamp is quite apt here -- and I don't sell at retail because it's simply not worth my time. Many people are the exact same way. Perhaps I'm even more privileged than many here, but I live in NYC and the $30 I'd get from a BBv2 at retail would be gone in a few cappuccinos. Many are the same way, and the way to overcome that for some is to offer more money such that it makes it worth it to sell.

TFW it is worth it for me to sell at retail.  :'( 

:))

Yes, let's take every artist in the world and pigeonhole them into re-creating their breakthrough piece of work ad infinitum.  That will surely give them pleasure.  :rolleyes:

Are you freaking joking?  This is so ridiculously ignorant I don't even believe that you mean it.

The thing is that people just don't like the newer things you make, as much as they like the V2.

LOL.  :))  Even if the V2 is the most popular (I believe it is), to generalize like this is once again incredibly ignorant.  Many people love every design he has released, from Reaper to Ribbit to Zombro - you name it.  Let the dude have his fun while he cranks out trinkets to appease our unending lust for keyboard adornments.  Holy crap man...

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #86 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:13:01 »

Its his decision though, to make the stuff he wants though. Lets use your example of van gogh, you don't see him producing a million copies of The Starry Night, do you? Because for one, he's probably bored of it.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #87 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:13:57 »
Show Image

Sure, as you can see I asked him if he wanted to trade stuff. What's wrong with it? And I don't know what flatline is, I'm seeing a Pulse Vintage Reaper in this picture.

I also asked if he wanted to make something specially for Pulse, like I did with many other makers from here but he never answered.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #88 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:16:13 »
I'm seeing a Pulse Vintage Reaper in this picture.

I also asked if he wanted to make something specially for Pulse, like I did with many other makers from here but he never answered.

Here's a ladder... come down from there.

It's nicer down here.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:16:28 »
Show Image

LMAO

ITT: MiTo doing MiTo things
I love Elzy

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #90 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:17:42 »
TIL asking for a free sample is offering to trade for something.

If you're listening Bro I'd like to "trade" for some gamer caps and Reaper Classic in BS. 

If you'd like, we can also engage in some sort of beer exchange.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #91 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:18:22 »

Every design I have produced in every sale has sold out. So I don't understand the logic here.

V2 isn't coming back. Period. There will be new things coming out that will fill that space.

So please, relax and take a break.

Of course they sold out, they are very cool items.

I respect your decision about retiring the design, although I don't understand it.

Good luck in your endeavors.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #92 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:19:03 »
Thank you for your input.

Mod Edit: FTFY
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:20:30 by HoffmanMyster »

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #93 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:20:26 »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #94 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:21:57 »
Show Image

Sure, as you can see I asked him if he wanted to trade stuff. What's wrong with it? And I don't know what flatline is, I'm seeing a Pulse Vintage Reaper in this picture.

ill fill you in

flatline is the colorway that keycap is based upon, im not sure what a vintage reaper is but you were asking for a flatline classic reaper, a new design of bros which is an iteration of his previous work

you didnt ask for a trade, you asked for a sample, and subsequently offered to exchange snacks

due to your past threatening behaviour towards members of the bro caps and ctrl alt team, your request was not replied to, you then proceeded to start messaging other members of ctrl alt

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #95 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:22:36 »
MiTo, just stop while you're...not as far behind as you soon will be...  :confused:

Also this thread is getting really terrible, and we should steer ourselves back on topic. 

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #96 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:24:41 »
What happened to the Drama of the Month thread?

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #97 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:25:28 »
I personally do not sell my keycaps, either at retail or at high aftermarket prices. I don't sell at aftermarket prices because I'm friends with Bro -- I think FrostyToast's metaphor about the lamp is quite apt here -- and I don't sell at retail because it's simply not worth my time. Many people are the exact same way. Perhaps I'm even more privileged than many here, but I live in NYC and the $30 I'd get from a BBv2 at retail would be gone in a few cappuccinos. Many are the same way, and the way to overcome that for some is to offer more money such that it makes it worth it to sell.

TFW it is worth it for me to sell at retail.  :'( 

:))

Prove it to me! ;)

(Me personally… no need to get these other folks involved…)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #98 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:25:50 »
What happened to the Drama of the Month thread?

It was renamed Mito of the month.

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #99 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:26:23 »
I like how no matter the intention of a thread, if MiTo gets involved it seems to always devolve into a crap show.