Author Topic: Near Retail Priced Clack!!!!  (Read 3596 times)

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
Near Retail Priced Clack!!!!
« on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 06:33:29 »
Finally, a Buy it Now near retail price on a nice Topre Blank.    It's a Buy it Now so I don't piss off anyone for mentioning this eBay listing!!

And no "best offer" option.   I was figuring this is a rare blank in a exotic color (blue) so it should be worth at least $534   :eek: :eek:

http://tinyurl.com/js5ammb
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 February 2016, 06:35:40 by skcheng »

Offline pr0ximity

Re: Near Retail Priced Clack!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 06:34:47 »
Finally, a Buy it Now near retail price on a nice Topre Blank.    It's a Buy it Now so I don't piss off anyone for mentioning this eBay listing!!

http://tinyurl.com/js5ammb
That's a nice color
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 06:38:20 »
:( ridiculous
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline jaffers

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 06:38:22 »
>near retail

Offline theoriginal123123

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 06:39:44 »
-_-

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 06:46:12 »
Good price

Offline raymogi

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 06:48:04 »
Best Clack auction so far.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 06:57:28 »
I'm sure they just misplaced the decimal. Right?

Right?

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 07:07:37 »
But herein lies the problem with eBay.   If that seller started the auction at say a $30 starting big and posted the link here and on Reddit, I'm sure there would be a TON of bids with possibly some drunk bidders doing their best to outbid each other with days left in the auction.   The bidding frenzy would probably continue till the last few seconds when the smart and rich eBayers have their snipe bids locked and loaded.   Contrary to what people think, if there is global interest in a collectible, it DOES NOT matter whether you bid early or later.   

What's the difference if I throw a $1500 bid in now, vs a $1500 snipe bid??  If I want something bad enough I'll enter my max bid one way or the other.   The nice thing about a snipe bid is that I'm not up at 4am sitting there trying to get my bid in with 4 seconds left, just to have my computer freeze or the internet go down forcing me to miss the opportunity to obtain a BLUE Clack??!!??

Maybe when the listing ends in 29.5 days, he/she will relist at a more reasonable $534 Buy it Now LOLOL!!

With all of this craziness, $544 will stay buy a lot of Clack swag.   Maybe a Drunken Skull and a Candycorn??   A Boogey Green and a Milk Blue??  Possibly 2/3 of a Tri-Colored Clack??   4 or 5 Solid Colored Clacks from a reasonable seller .....

Anyway, carry on.   And sorry if I blew it for someone trying to save up their lunch pennies in order to afford this wondrous BLUE BLANK!! 

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 07:30:41 »
brb taking out a mortgage.

this is ****

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 07:35:50 »

this is ****

As long as you don't charge this up on a credit card at 27.99% interest   :eek:

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 07:37:24 »

this is ****

As long as you don't charge this up on a credit card at 27.99% interest   :eek:

To be fair, that 27.99% is annual interest. It's only like 2.33% monthly. Just pay your bill.  :))

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 09:58:20 »

But herein lies the problem with eBay.   If that seller started the auction at say a $30 starting big and posted the link here and on Reddit, I'm sure there would be a TON of bids with possibly some drunk bidders doing their best to outbid each other with days left in the auction.   The bidding frenzy would probably continue till the last few seconds when the smart and rich eBayers have their snipe bids locked and loaded.   Contrary to what people think, if there is global interest in a collectible, it DOES NOT matter whether you bid early or later.   

What's the difference if I throw a $1500 bid in now, vs a $1500 snipe bid??  If I want something bad enough I'll enter my max bid one way or the other.   The nice thing about a snipe bid is that I'm not up at 4am sitting there trying to get my bid in with 4 seconds left, just to have my computer freeze or the internet go down forcing me to miss the opportunity to obtain a BLUE Clack??!!??

Maybe when the listing ends in 29.5 days, he/she will relist at a more reasonable $534 Buy it Now LOLOL!!

With all of this craziness, $544 will stay buy a lot of Clack swag.   Maybe a Drunken Skull and a Candycorn??   A Boogey Green and a Milk Blue??  Possibly 2/3 of a Tri-Colored Clack??   4 or 5 Solid Colored Clacks from a reasonable seller .....

Anyway, carry on.   And sorry if I blew it for someone trying to save up their lunch pennies in order to afford this wondrous BLUE BLANK!!

The long and short of it is that snipe bidding generally results in people bidding what they feel the item is worth, rather than what everyone else feels the item is worth, which tends to keep prices more reasonable.

I don't completely agree that it would prevent the rampant inflation, but it's certainly possible that without eBay the prices would have climbed slower.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 10:07:08 »
I almost fell for this one.

Cool color though, would definitely pay 1/20 of asking price. Shame they aren't accepting offers.

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 10:07:51 »

The long and short of it is that snipe bidding generally results in people bidding what they feel the item is worth, rather than what everyone else feels the item is worth, which tends to keep prices more reasonable.

I don't completely agree that it would prevent the rampant inflation, but it's certainly possible that without eBay the prices would have climbed slower.

Well right now Clacks are "hot".    So people are stepping over each other to obtain "rare" or "somewhat rare" caps.   But at the end of the day, we're looking at a BLUE Blank.   And plenty of people can make excellent blanks for just a few dollars.  I'm just pointing out a bit of the ridiculousness of this listing in my opinion.    Maybe the seller doesn't really want to sell??   But if someone is willing to give him/her that much, then great ....

Snipe bids DO NOT keep prices down.   Like I said, many people know how to snipe and if 10 of us have snipe bids put in, then the price is high no matter how many previous bids are already out there. 

Webwit and I used to Outbid each other back in the good ol' days.   We just didn't know we were doing that?    The benefit of a Snipe is so you can sleep at night or work your day job without sitting next to your computer.   But if something like this already has 23 bids with days left, there was no chance that someone was getting it for cheap:

http://tinyurl.com/jj3jmgj

Offline btctopre

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 15:37:35 »
my pm offer of 54.40 was rejected, very disappointing.

LOOKS LIKE IT'S ALL YOURS, SYNJIN!

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 15:39:06 »
For $544 I might as well just use the money to buy some equipment to make my own blanks.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 16:55:00 »
So many things pop up like this (for another fresh example, see "Acer KB-101 Blue Alps...", the topic next to this one), I think we should add a new GH category: Hysterical Anti-Deals. That way we can decide if we want to read about actual deals, or have some laughs at the ludicrousness of human nature.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 17:53:43 »
For $544 I might as well just use the money to buy some equipment to make my own blanks.

Yeah, but it wouldn't be a Clack.  :rolleyes:

Honestly, this has to be the most ridiculous listing of any CC I've seen to date.

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 18:41:11 »
I'm offering my own rendition of this keycap in Dark Turquoise Sharpie Blue™ for only $250 for anyone interested in a low-cost alternative.

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 19:32:54 »
I'm offering my own rendition of this keycap in Dark Turquoise Sharpie Blue™ for only $250 for anyone interested in a low-cost alternative.

Show Image

I agree, great deal, but can you offer this:

2 yr warranty $134.99 from SquareTrade

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 19:40:05 »

Show Image

PM'd

Offline crickclackman

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 20:13:15 »
Ugh, some "Great Find".

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 20:22:59 »

Show Image

That cap actually looks pretty fire. I like the marbling effect

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #24 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 23:26:50 »

Show Image

I'll give you 400

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 00:27:54 »

LOL!
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 00:35:44 »
Special, this week only:

Key-size blue artisan sugar cubes!

Carved with your choice of mount. Just $100 each (or 4 for $500) plus shipping and $1 ant-spray fee.