Author Topic: 1986 "barcode label" Model M 1390120, currently $35+shipping [FINISHED]  (Read 3670 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline ander

  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Thread Starter
  • Posts: 1197
  • Location: Vancouver, BC
  • I type, therefore I am
Ending today at 12:18 PM PST:

Ibm At Keyboard 1390120 (eBay)








If you don't care about lock lights, this is a swell deal on a 1st-generation M. It has the rarer Model-F-style barcode label, which IBM used on some early M's before switching to the simpler M-style labels; and includes the original black AT cable, much less common than the ubiquitous beige PS/2 cables.

It lacks LEDs because it was used with terminal emulators that showed their lock-key status onscreen. However, unlike most other terminal-type Model M's, it can be used with a PC with a simple AT-to-PS/2 adapter (plus an inexpensive cube or cable USB converter, if you wish).

As I post this, it's at $35 plus shipping. For some reason it's hasn't appeared with the regular "ibm keyboard" search results (I spotted a thumbnail of it elsewhere); maybe that's why no one's bid on it.  I already have one, or I'd grab it myself!
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 February 2016, 17:04:19 by ander »

Offline chyros

  • a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Posts: 3515
  • Location: The Netherlands
  • Hello and welcome.
Re: 1986 "barcode label" Model M 1390120, currently $35+shipping, ends soon
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 05:13:49 »
I thought this keyboard had no lock lights because it was meant for use with the XT Oo . (yet somehow it retains compatibility with the AT) Still, very nice, these first-gen Ms have a certain presence to them for sure. If you don't like not having lock light, you can set your OS to use lock beeps instead ;) .
Check my keyboard video reviews:


Offline ander

  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Thread Starter
  • Posts: 1197
  • Location: Vancouver, BC
  • I type, therefore I am
Re: 1986 "barcode label" Model M 1390120, currently $35+shipping, ends soon
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 17:02:31 »
Or you can do what Snowdog933 has done with some of his terminal boards and replace the original controller with one of Unicomp's standard controllers that include lock-light panels. (They sell the overlay labels, too.)

Well, this '120 sold for $49—still an excellent deal!

Offline alh84001

  • Posts: 276
  • Location: EU-HR-ZG

Offline fohat.digs

  • * Elevated Elder
  • Posts: 6567
  • Location: 35°55'N, 83°53'W
  • weird funny old guy
Re: 1986 "barcode label" Model M 1390120, currently $35+shipping [FINISHED]
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 18:45:34 »
There's another one with a day to go


I think that the 1390131 is preferable to the 1390120 but the bar code label has real class.
"When you use the AI, all this information goes into our amazing super mind."
- D Trump 2026-09-28
yea, right, what could go wrong?

Offline chyros

  • a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Posts: 3515
  • Location: The Netherlands
  • Hello and welcome.
Re: 1986 "barcode label" Model M 1390120, currently $35+shipping [FINISHED]
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 19:00:10 »
There's another one with a day to go


I think that the 1390131 is preferable to the 1390120 but the bar code label has real class.
Indeed :D . I especially like how you can read the characters in the barcode :D .
Check my keyboard video reviews: