Author Topic: Ducky Shine 5 - DIP switches/custom macro don't work?  (Read 3825 times)

Offline fuzzybaffy

Ducky Shine 5 - DIP switches/custom macro don't work?
« on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 17:01:28 »
So I purchased a Ducky Shine 5 a couple of months ago, and I'm realizing now that the DIP switches/custom macro aren't working. I tried updating the firmware, and that did nothing.

Do I have a bum keyboard? Or am I reading the instructions for the DIP switches/macro incorrectly?
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 February 2016, 17:29:52 by fuzzybaffy »

Offline seville57

Re: Ducky Shine 5 - DIP switches/custom macro don't work?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 17:46:57 »
So I purchased a Ducky Shine 5 a couple of months ago, and I'm realizing now that the DIP switches/custom macro aren't working. I tried updating the firmware, and that did nothing.

Do I have a bum keyboard? Or am I reading the instructions for the DIP switches/macro incorrectly? Something I'm doing incorrectly?

I have a Ducky One RGB YOTG and the manual is  not so good to read/use.

I don't know if you had read this (Shine 5 RGB and Ducky One RGB YOTG), mayby there is some help for you: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78520.0

I have not updated the firmware on my YOTG.
Sometimes I switch k-board and use mine old Ducky Shine 3 k-boards instead.

« Last Edit: Thu, 25 February 2016, 18:07:13 by seville57 »

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 19:22:35 »
I tried installing the update while in compatibility mode, yet no cigar. Anyone with other solutions?

Edit: Actually, per the thread you posted, it worked while having the keyboard plugged in a USB 2.0 port (and ran in compatibility mode). Didn't think the USB ports would make such a difference. =/
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 February 2016, 19:32:08 by fuzzybaffy »

Offline falkentyne

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 19:55:31 »

Do I have a bum keyboard? Or am I reading the instructions for the DIP switches/macro incorrectly? Something I'm doing incorrectly?

I have a Ducky One RGB YOTG and the manual is  not so good to read/use.

I don't know if you had read this (Shine 5 RGB and Ducky One RGB YOTG), mayby there is some help for you: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78520.0

I have not updated the firmware on my YOTG.
Sometimes I switch k-board and use mine old Ducky Shine 3 k-boards instead.

If you have a stock firmware YOTG, you should _definitely_ update.  Some pretty big bugs with the lighting and other issues were fixed.