Author Topic: So, had a dream about a unique MSX keyboard...  (Read 1521 times)

Offline Coreda

So, had a dream about a unique MSX keyboard...
« on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 22:28:30 »
Found an unknown type of MSX console within the rubble of an actively burning building. "Oh my god" I was ecstatic when I noticed the board, while a couple others looked on in bewilderment.

[For reference the MSX similar to the one I noticed:]

131001-0

It was a new type of keyboard key that had thin, very slightly curved (convex) individual keys and seemed to be made of anodized aluminium. I believe it was sub-conciously inspired by the kind of (non-round) keys found around the neck of a saxophone but made flatter and in rounded square shape for the dream. The profile of the caps when taken out had a 'T' shape, similar to a typewriter's but rather than having cylindrical stems were a square-like shape with 3 sides. Unsure about the switch type, but it had a subtle tactility without any artificial bump.

[Saxophone keys for reference:]

131003-1

The keys were a mid-dark greyish-blue slate color with black legends and thanks to the anodized aluminium became brighter with a difused reflection when held to light making the legends pretty readable, especially considering the flames engulfing the room. The overall key size was about 75% (compared to full-size keys, not just the layout).

The first thing that initially caught my eye were the trademark red stylings of the MSX but the board itself was very different and there weren't the same buttons, but after brushing the debris off I flipped it upside down and saw on one side was the typical MSX while on the other a new type. So there were two different boards on each side of the console, one with the smaller-sized aluminium keys and the other the standard version with the plastic caps and each with a different layout.

The switch/keys felt so good! I found that I typed faster on the 75% keys than the full sized and it was disappointing when the dream was interrupted and morphed into a hotel Donald Trump was providing a tour of that he'd recently decorated in a psuedo-modern Indian fashion. It honestly looked like a dive but he told us it wasn't finished. Someone commented that the gold torn fabric nailed to the grey walls was shabby.

That was the end of my experience with the board, though the dream did morph again this time watching a new Star Wars commerical on a CRT monitor. Was quite spectacular, and brought all the characters from all the films together in some grand battle within the space of a few seconds. Reminded me of one of those live-action ads they do for consoles. Colorful, action-packed, short. Suddenly it's Ewan McGregor and some short dwarf-sized Sith with blonde hair clashing sabers in the center of it all... when out of nowhere Bernie Sanders begins a voice over and you realize...

The Sith was Trump.

And I was like, yooooooo what!

The Star Wars commercial was a campaign ad?! Bernie of all people managed to convince and hire all the Star Wars actors, and got approval for this? It must have been here that the logic was too baffling and I woke up.
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 March 2016, 22:30:35 by Coreda »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: So, had a dream about a unique MSX keyboard...
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 22:29:17 »
How high are you
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 23:59:02 »
I love it when I can recall the ins and outs of a dream as vividly as you did.
🍉

Offline Coreda

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 06:46:25 »
I love it when I can recall the ins and outs of a dream as vividly as you did.

It's interesting when our minds synthesize various sensations and ideas during dreams. I honestly wish there were a keycap/switch combo like these. My Cherry Reds feel clunky in comparison.