Author Topic: [GB] ZZ96 v2 r2 (replacements in progress)  (Read 264208 times)

Offline BAS1C

Re: [GB] ZZ96 v2 r2 (US shipped sans extras, int'l mostly shipped, v2.5 in-prog)
« Reply #700 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 08:29:06 »
Nice man! Love it. So ready for mine!

Offline owacle

Re: [GB] ZZ96 v2 r2 (US shipped sans extras, int'l mostly shipped, v2.5 in-prog)
« Reply #701 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 09:15:24 »
Assembled but looking to make some tweaks and maybe add backlighting. Have 65g MX Clears in there and quite liking them on this board. Has a bit of flex in the plate/pcb up around the numpad area where there are no screws.. I think it would be improved if there was another screwdown point somewhere around there. Also the lowest left side screw hole doesn't line up with the PCB unless I pushed the plate and PCB all the way to the left but then the keys would rub at corners so I couldn't really use it. One of the RGB LEDs had a solder pad that was a cold joint and I had to redo it because it would change colors if you pushed on the LED.

At any rate, still very good bang for buck and a great layout. Very happy with this board. Stuck the Danger Zone SA keycap set on it but not totally convinced. I think I will revert to the EnjoyPBT RU Cyan with GMK Bluegaloo accent mods.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Oh man oh man. So tight! Wow. I MIGHT agree with you about the SA profile. A tiny bit cleaner. But that's a gorgeous set and case combo.

As far as the flex, do you think there is a way to mod that would reduce that? Even something ghetto like something taped under the pcb?

Dude. I love it. Can't stop looking!

Offline QuickDelat

« Reply #702 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 09:19:46 »
I finally got around to uploading some pictures of my ZZ96 for those that might want to see my Belgian Azerty build:
http://imgur.com/a/WeRrJ

Offline Jumie

« Reply #703 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 23:02:45 »
in need of money atm, so selling my v2.5 spot (black case, red plate). PM if any interest.

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #704 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 23:59:41 »
Hey I'm interested, sent you an email

Offline bdk86

« Reply #705 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 21:15:44 »
Any one want to sell ZZ96 , i m interested !!!

Offline toads

« Reply #706 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 23:07:48 »
Missed the GB, looking for a spot. If anyone's willing to hand over their spot or had a change of heart or needs emergency funds, please PM me. Any color combo will do.

I have verified paypal and will work with you and LunarisDream on the transfer.

Thanks.

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #707 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 01:49:45 »
Missed the GB, looking for a spot. If anyone's willing to hand over their spot or had a change of heart or needs emergency funds, please PM me. Any color combo will do.

Thanks.

I've had folks who were refunded due to personal issues. Was going to sell them off as extras, but if you're interested in picking one of those up, send me a PM.

Offline bdk86

« Reply #708 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 02:41:10 »

Thanks.

I've had folks who were refunded due to personal issues. Was going to sell them off as extras, but if you're interested in picking one of those up, send me a PM.

Send a PMd
Thanks.

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #709 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 06:53:08 »
Got a startling number of PMs very soon after my last comment.

So here's an interest check for yas because all the extras are gone:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSez0AjRADGRmL3qcPJ5OidFoMw8vcZ-0uY_5pq6pBGR7RUDQw/viewform

This will help me decide how to proceed. I initially found the board and opened this buy to fulfill a need for 96 boards that wasn't being fulfilled by RS96 and Lightsaver, and would like for that to happen.

Do note that Originative should be planning an RS buy soon that includes the RS96 and they are much more professional at fulfilling orders in a timely and efficient manner.

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
« Reply #710 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 07:05:45 »
Know anyway I could get a Silver aluminum base Lunaris? I have a silver RS96 and would love the aluminum bottom piece below the acrylic in place of the feet I'm using.

The RS96 I have is the one with the entire aluminum case with the flat acrylic bottom. Would the ZZ96 aluminum bottom even be compatible with that?
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #711 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 07:55:10 »
Know anyway I could get a Silver aluminum base Lunaris? I have a silver RS96 and would love the aluminum bottom piece below the acrylic in place of the feet I'm using.

The RS96 I have is the one with the entire aluminum case with the flat acrylic bottom. Would the ZZ96 aluminum bottom even be compatible with that?

Unfortunately it would not. While the PCBs are cross-compatible, the bases use different screw locations. Sorry dude.  :(

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #712 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 10:26:53 »

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSez0AjRADGRmL3qcPJ5OidFoMw8vcZ-0uY_5pq6pBGR7RUDQw/viewform

This will help me decide how to proceed. I initially found the board and opened this buy to fulfill a need for 96 boards that wasn't being fulfilled by RS96 and Lightsaver, and would like for that to happen.

Do note that Originative should be planning an RS buy soon that includes the RS96 and they are much more professional at fulfilling orders in a timely and efficient manner.
Thank you very much!

Offline HIAviator

« Reply #713 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 14:06:23 »

Cast my vote! Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #714 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 16:24:00 »

Oh dang! Kind of want a second one now... Have the PCB's landed for distribution yet?

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #715 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 18:34:16 »
Oh dang! Kind of want a second one now... Have the PCB's landed for distribution yet?

They arrived in Cincinnati. Should arrive at my house tomorrow or the day after. :)

Offline sparkybear

« Reply #716 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 18:48:45 »

They arrived in Cincinnati. Should arrive at my house tomorrow or the day after. :)

I'm assuming that's for the extras and should mean PM's in a few days?? :D

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #717 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 21:07:36 »

Yessir

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #718 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 21:27:25 »

Yessir

Sooooo LunarisDream is Santa.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #719 on: Wed, 09 November 2016, 14:47:38 »

Yessir

Hype is building  ;D ;D ;D
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #720 on: Wed, 09 November 2016, 15:58:35 »
PCBs and acrylic cases arrived stateside. Can finally fulfill the remaining orders now, huzzah  :D

« Last Edit: Wed, 09 November 2016, 16:58:08 by LunarisDream »

Offline toads

« Reply #721 on: Wed, 09 November 2016, 16:02:19 »
Wew, good news for those involved!

How's the 2.5.1 IC poll thing coming along? Enough interest to consider more of these becoming available?

I'd really like a chance to get one of these!

Thank you!

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #722 on: Wed, 09 November 2016, 16:30:01 »
PCBs and acrylic cases arrived stateside. Can finally fulfill the remaining orders now, huzzah  :D

More
Show Image
Show Image
https://i.sli.mg/2F8AkU.jpg

at last, the time has come!

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #723 on: Wed, 09 November 2016, 16:59:39 »

More
Show Image
Show Image

Kept you waiting, huh?

I'm so so sorry

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #724 on: Wed, 09 November 2016, 17:06:31 »

More
Show Image
Show Image

Kept you waiting, huh?

Show Image

I'm so so sorry

Sombra OP, pls nerf.

Wow LD, I am SO excited to build this. =D Thanks for working to get these to us.. I may even need to buy a second one through your latest IC you put out :)

Will keep eyes on prize tracking number PM =D

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #725 on: Wed, 09 November 2016, 17:21:10 »
Do the Acrylic Kits use a 5mm Plate or a 1.5mm plate + support layer like Winkeyless.kr?
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 November 2016, 17:40:20 by MandrewDavis »
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline breitling

« Reply #726 on: Wed, 09 November 2016, 17:57:08 »
Ooh white PCB's, nice. For the Acrylic ones?

Offline rondg

« Reply #727 on: Wed, 09 November 2016, 18:02:28 »
Does the firmware support locking switches? I have a cherry mx locking switch and would like to use it

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #728 on: Wed, 09 November 2016, 18:22:54 »
Does the firmware support locking switches? I have a cherry mx locking switch and would like to use it

I've never used a ps2avrGB PCB w/ a locking switch. Does anyone else know?

Do the Acrylic Kits use a 5mm Plate or a 1.5mm plate + support layer like Winkeyless.kr?

The latter - it's not a single plate. Maybe I'll sell a discounted one to someone who can make a test build for me. Anyone interested?

Ooh white PCB's, nice. For the Acrylic ones?

These were a v1 batch (single row of SMT RGB LEDs) that had some faults w/ LED wiring. If you want in-switch LEDs, 3 of the LEDs will need to fly wires to the adjacent resistor/LED pad. They will be sold as B-stock for much cheaper (think ~$100 range).

The v2 acrylic kits will still be priced at around $160 a kit and use the black+gold PCBs.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 November 2016, 20:20:49 by LunarisDream »

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #729 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 01:46:41 »

I've never used a ps2avrGB PCB w/ a locking switch. Does anyone else know?

I'm referencing the ps2avrgb source from https://github.com/showjean/ps2avrU/tree/master/firmware/ps2avrGB. I have no idea if it's a definitive source, or if it's "current" compared with what's flashed on your boards.

I don't see any of the logic that would be necessary to make a locking switch work in Windows (Which presumes that the lock switches are momentary switches and Windows will manage the lock status). Furthermore, since BootMapper Client (appears) to not be open-source you'd have to control the setting of locking switch vs momentary at compile time which seems counterintuitive to the way the rest of ps2avrgb works. I mean, it's big draw vs TMK and QMK is that you can control all these options without having mess around with source and compiling.
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 November 2016, 00:18:46 by TerryMathews »

Offline breitling

« Reply #730 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 09:27:29 »
i kind of want another one...!

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #731 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 18:06:37 »
Quick update on r2.5: word from the designer is that production should be finished next week.

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #732 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 18:55:30 »
Quick update on r2.5: word from the designer is that production should be finished next week.

So excited for this, thanks for the update  :thumb:

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #733 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 19:45:34 »
Whoa, that was fast, but I did join with the extras. Once production is finished, does that mean shipping to us?

Offline depreshun

• Reddit: risingremains
« Reply #734 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 23:45:39 »

Hyyyyyyype.

Offline sparkybear

« Reply #735 on: Fri, 11 November 2016, 01:33:04 »
Aw man, I am so impatient now that I know the last PCBs are in. Come on PM, be here soon! haha

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #736 on: Fri, 11 November 2016, 01:49:02 »
Aw man, I am so impatient now that I know the last PCBs are in. Come on PM, be here soon! haha

Yo me too. I'm antsy as **** haha. I'd be DELIGHTED if we got PM's before he weekend. :) wink wink Ld ;)

Offline Atredl

« Reply #737 on: Fri, 11 November 2016, 13:07:27 »

Just to be clear, are the replacement ink blue and grey cases included in R2.5?

Offline asgeirtj

« Reply #738 on: Fri, 11 November 2016, 13:45:54 »

Sorry I was too lazy to scroll trough the post but what is r2,5?  Is it GB for the rs96 again? 
Leopold FC900 w/ 67g Purple Zealios - Silver Duck Octagon w/ 62 Purple Zealios

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #739 on: Fri, 11 November 2016, 19:34:40 »

Sorry I was too lazy to scroll trough the post but what is r2,5?  Is it GB for the rs96 again?

Really, just read the first post... This is the GB page for the ZZ96, not RS96. Perhaps you are lost.

R2.5 = Round 2.5, as in LD ran a mini-GB in the same round as the replacements for R2 to combine orders.
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #740 on: Fri, 11 November 2016, 20:00:26 »

Yep

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #741 on: Fri, 11 November 2016, 20:58:24 »

Stop being lazy  Could have read it in the time it took you to post that haha. I see your Q was answered already.

Offline Atredl

« Reply #742 on: Sat, 12 November 2016, 04:38:17 »

Yep

YES! :cool:

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #743 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 22:49:57 »
hype hype hype hype hype for extras!!

Offline sparkybear

« Reply #744 on: Fri, 18 November 2016, 01:38:22 »
pm pm pm pm, please im dying over here  ;D

Offline ipreferpie

« Reply #745 on: Sat, 19 November 2016, 05:08:17 »
Hi LD, I still haven't received my ZZ96v2 order on this yet. Any updates?

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #746 on: Sun, 20 November 2016, 22:59:23 »
Quick question, do the kits come with 6u stabilizer wire?
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #747 on: Sun, 20 November 2016, 23:23:05 »
Anyone get a shipped PM yet, from extras that just got their PCB's in US?

Offline breitling

« Reply #748 on: Mon, 21 November 2016, 13:14:06 »
Mine came with 6, 6.25 and 7u wires.

Installed some backlighting last night and what I think will be the final keyset that will sit on this board maybe add some artisans. The 7u stab wire is a bit sticky.. it makes the spacebar get stuck down a bit sometimes.. hard to change that now but I might desolder the space bar switch and fiddle with the stab a bit. This board is also higher than most of my other boards and I feel like my wrist rest is a bit too low with it. I wonder if removing the diffuser layer will make it better. Or maybe I should just get used to it. Otherwise pretty good feel overall. No problems at all with the bootmap client and set up really easily.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #749 on: Mon, 21 November 2016, 14:02:17 »
Mine came with 6, 6.25 and 7u wires.

Installed some backlighting last night and what I think will be the final keyset that will sit on this board maybe add some artisans. The 7u stab wire is a bit sticky.. it makes the spacebar get stuck down a bit sometimes.. hard to change that now but I might desolder the space bar switch and fiddle with the stab a bit. This board is also higher than most of my other boards and I feel like my wrist rest is a bit too low with it. I wonder if removing the diffuser layer will make it better. Or maybe I should just get used to it. Otherwise pretty good feel overall. No problems at all with the bootmap client and set up really easily.

Show Image

what color is that case?