Author Topic: soundcloud's new licensing policy  (Read 1506 times)

Offline phosphoric

soundcloud's new licensing policy
« on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 15:11:34 »
i don't know WHAT THE **** it's called but i am so angry right now. i can't even listen to full versions of some of my favorite songs without a soundcloud go subscription. and a soundcloud go subscription is $13/month. i don't pay for my music, and i never will, and paying $13/month just to listen to a COUPLE SELECT SONGS is so infuriating to me
Let's get this straight. There is nothing cool about keyboards we're all lame as fk.

speak for yourself

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
Re: soundcloud's new licensing policy
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 15:24:56 »
i don't know WHAT THE **** it's called but i am so angry right now. i can't even listen to full versions of some of my favorite songs without a soundcloud go subscription. and a soundcloud go subscription is $13/month. i don't pay for my music, and i never will, and paying $13/month just to listen to a COUPLE SELECT SONGS is so infuriating to me

If you lke the song, please explain why you dont just buy the song for ~$1 and you can listen to it on whatever system you want and as many times as you want?
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline phosphoric

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 15:56:44 »

If you lke the song, please explain why you dont just buy the song for ~$1 and you can listen to it on whatever system you want and as many times as you want?

i totally would if it didn't necessitate revamping my entire offline music library; when i want to listen to edm, i log into soundcloud because it's an easy, free solution to listen to some amazing tracks. when i don't feel like listening to edm, i go offline and listen to whatever else i have downloaded. as it stands, if i want to take my entire soundcloud library offline and create a playlist, it'd take a long, long time and cost a lot of money. on top of that, a lot of musicians i follow on soundcloud don't even make their songs available for download or purchase anywhere.

i suppose i'm overreacting a tiny bit because i can still listen to the majority of my soundcloud tracks, but all the wasted time on playlists and all of my favorite songs...
Let's get this straight. There is nothing cool about keyboards we're all lame as fk.

speak for yourself

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 17:10:00 »

i totally would if it didn't necessitate revamping my entire offline music library; when i want to listen to edm, i log into soundcloud because it's an easy, free solution to listen to some amazing tracks. when i don't feel like listening to edm, i go offline and listen to whatever else i have downloaded. as it stands, if i want to take my entire soundcloud library offline and create a playlist, it'd take a long, long time and cost a lot of money. on top of that, a lot of musicians i follow on soundcloud don't even make their songs available for download or purchase anywhere.

i suppose i'm overreacting a tiny bit because i can still listen to the majority of my soundcloud tracks, but all the wasted time on playlists and all of my favorite songs...
Soundcloud's been in the red for a long time.  It's either this or no more soundcloud at all

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 17:11:59 »

Soundcloud's been in the red for a long time.  It's either this or no more soundcloud at all
Cant they do ads like spotify?
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline UTommieTanka

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 17:14:49 »
Don't really ever use soundcloud but that is pretty crappy, I don't like paying full price for spotify let alone $13 for soundcloud.

Offline phosphoric

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 17:39:35 »

Cant they do ads like spotify?

they did, and they still do. the thing is, spotify's ads are much more frequent and much more regular; soundcloud's ad formula is erratic at best, and those erratic ads play at such an infrequent interval that it's no surprise that they're broke.

Don't really ever use soundcloud but that is pretty crappy, I don't like paying full price for spotify let alone $13 for soundcloud.

i actually just double-checked and found that it's $10/month, but that's still an insane price to pay for full versions of a couple of songs. as mentioned above, the loss of ads in the soundcloud app is kind of pointless because of their god-awful algorithm for determining when to play them

speak for yourself