Author Topic: I get stupid requests like this all the time...  (Read 15504 times)

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
Re: I get stupid requests like this all the time...
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 06:59:51 »
We're on the same boat. I paid via western union.
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 07:32:03 »
I paid by Moneygram.

From what I can tell, from the other side of the world, Gutz is going to be upright and ship the stuff out.

On the other hand, he is in a pressure situation and I don't expect we will be getting anything until June.
"It's 110, but it doesn't feel it to me, right. If anybody goes down. Everybody was so worried yesterday about you and they never mentioned me. I'm up here sweating like a dog. They don’t think about me. This is hard work.
Do you feel the breeze? I don't want anybody going on me. We need every voter. I don't care about you. I just want your vote. I don't care."
- Donald Trump - Las Vegas 2024-06-09

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 07:48:55 »
even so, i still believe in him.
i think it's quite dumb if he were to put all his reputation here at stake for some moving sale.

just.. give him some time.

I believe that gutz is legit, but some form of confirmation would be reassuring to have, as well as what he said in his post about not really caring about whether the order is right makes me worry a little.
I just got something in the mail from him. It wasn't what I had ordered but it was marked as a freebie so he is shipping his stuff out, perhaps even at his own expense. Everyone should just wait before they start jumping the gun.

So you mean that he shipped to you what you ordered & freeabie in 2 different mail box?

So how many ship num do you have? Or get from berserkfan.

I only got one tracking number in my paypal transaction. I paid for two separate boxes that contain big items so I don't expect those to be here for a while.

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 11:33:26 »
Hey folks, now that the original thread is back up, https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78531.100

we should probably use that since the off topic forum seems to be out of place for a sale.

That said, me and one other (we are local) have received the wrong order as well. We've paid by moneygram and banktransfer (respectively).

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 11:57:45 »
I'm not here to fan the flames - I bought from berserkfan as well, so I'm also concerned. My honest suspicion is simply that wrong labels got slapped on the boxes. Mistakes happen. He's got a lot of drama going on around the house and that doesn't help shipping out keyboards. I paid via Paypal and as has been said, he updated it with the tracking information. So check there before thinking it hasn't shipped.

I do have a tracking number for my package. It was dropped off at the Paya Lebar, SG post office on May 3. To my great shock, it reports as arrived in the US on May 6th - no joke! (Sometimes 'Sea Mail' actually goes air. I'm near a large international customs hub, so it may even be in my back yard.) To fully track your package if you are in a different country than Singapore, you need to select your country from the drop down at the bottom of the tracking information. It then takes you to the local carrier - for the US that's USPS. Then just plug in the same tracking number. If no information is available yet, this means your package has not cleared customs.

It can take anywhere from 1 to 4 WEEKS for customs depending on the inspector and level of scrutiny at point of entry. Singapore is a member of a free trade agreement with the US, so there should not be any duty hold ups for most. But because of that, electronics might be subjected to a greater level of scrutiny. (There is no check box on customs forms for "computer keyboard.") It depends on a whole ton of factors. I can get entire servers from Canada *overnighted*, but it takes two months for an engine oil pump from Europe.

But in the interests of making sure we all know who's supposed to be getting what, I bought:

C06 - Ducky Shine 3 Ice Theme with SIP Mod
J01 - Ducky Shine 1 Jailhouse Green with SIP and Plate Mods
1 set of blank white PBT keycaps (he said he was out of the DCS so he was going to ship leftovers he was going to let the kids dye. I told him to take his pick of what was left. Not even a little picky on those.)
1x Teensy 2.0++ with pins
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 14:31:34 »
Guys I think berserkfan is just under a lot of stress right now with his family and moving.

He gets like 100+ PM's a day from what I hear and has people wanting freebies that at the same time want him to pay for shipping.  You can see how this must get tiring after a while. 

No problems with E3E either, he is one of my Alps buddies and I think he just underestimated how much BS Gutz has had to deal with for the past month or so.

I have bought from berserkfan and I am sure this is just an honest mistake. 

Typed on mobile so get ready for errors

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

Offline E3E

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 16:13:33 »
I was only pointed toward beserkerfan thanks to another friend of mine who knew I was looking for a G80-3000 WKL case mentioning that one was available.

What I find ridiculous is that the guy said that I've been mooching off of him for weeks, which is not true at all. I've never even talked to beserkerfan until my friend pointed me in his direction and it was ONLY about the case, that being what I needed for my Leeku G80-3000 build.

Furthermore, the guy said he's been clearly reminding me of deadlines, but that's also untrue. I only received two PMs throughout our correspondence.

So here's my end of the story, for Dr. Phil's sake:

This shameless guy has been wanting freebies from me for weeks without any purchase, but he kept delaying the payment although I kept reminding him of the deadline and have been publicly posting our schedules. Unlike some people like Venatorious he never had the courtesy to ask for a time extension.

You seem like someone who's displacing the frustration and agitation you're getting from others and projecting it onto one singular source that happens to be me. I'll refrain from insulting you though, but you need to realize that you are not the only one with a life. Your opening message is heavily ironic as you come off to be very self-centered. You took my mentioning of "making sure that all is well" as some attack on your integrity as a seller. That shows how self-absorbed you are.

Your decision to publicly shame someone who's hardly the crux of your problems was stupid, especially considering all of the issues with orders that are now coming up on you.

I'm glad I didn't deal with you.

« Last Edit: Mon, 09 May 2016, 16:17:44 by E3E »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 16:37:00 »
More
I was only pointed toward beserkerfan thanks to another friend of mine who knew I was looking for a G80-3000 WKL case mentioning that one was available.

What I find ridiculous is that the guy said that I've been mooching off of him for weeks, which is not true at all. I've never even talked to beserkerfan until my friend pointed me in his direction and it was ONLY about the case, that being what I needed for my Leeku G80-3000 build.

Furthermore, the guy said he's been clearly reminding me of deadlines, but that's also untrue. I only received two PMs throughout our correspondence.

So here's my end of the story, for Dr. Phil's sake:

Show Image

Show Image

This shameless guy has been wanting freebies from me for weeks without any purchase, but he kept delaying the payment although I kept reminding him of the deadline and have been publicly posting our schedules. Unlike some people like Venatorious he never had the courtesy to ask for a time extension.

You seem like someone who's displacing the frustration and agitation you're getting from others and projecting it onto one singular source that happens to be me. I'll refrain from insulting you though, but you need to realize that you are not the only one with a life. Your opening message is heavily ironic as you come off to be very self-centered. You took my mentioning of "making sure that all is well" as some attack on your integrity as a seller. That shows how self-absorbed you are.

Your decision to publicly shame someone who's hardly the crux of your problems was stupid, especially considering all of the issues with orders that are now coming up on you.

I'm glad I didn't deal with you.

Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin