Author Topic: I get stupid requests like this all the time...  (Read 15469 times)

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
I get stupid requests like this all the time...
« on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 21:09:59 »
This shameless guy has been wanting freebies from me for weeks without any purchase, but he kept delaying the payment although I kept reminding him of the deadline and have been publicly posting our schedules. Unlike some people like Venatorious he never had the courtesy to ask for a time extension.

Today at 9:16 AM

You have just been sent a personal message by E3E on geekhack.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

Okay!

I'm just waiting for something to clear first. Would you be alright waiting a little before I send you the payment to make sure all is well? Thanks you again.

My answer is posted publicly, I am not replying to him anymore:

I’m pretty sure I don’t have the PCB and casing anymore. We either threw it out yesterday, or wife packed it as filler in the box of some genuinely paying customer. Either way I don’t care. It was going to be thrown or given, never kept in the house.

Some idiots think the world rotates around them. And what is this nonsense ‘to make sure all is well’? Are you implying we don’t ship things as promised, so you are delaying indefinitely? Why would we ship things if we weren’t paid?

For just a few dollars actual shipping on a free item, people will give me so much trouble with back and forth messages. That’s why I can never update my thread properly. People are perpetually changing their minds, delaying payment, deciding not to pay but not telling me, not staying in communication with their intentions, or else making me wade through an essay discussing in vague terms what they might want or what might be good for them or what possibly their cousin needed.

The record holder for essay writing is a guy who wrote 1,886 words about what might fit his entire collection, and asked me for what I had that might fit his collection and which didn't cost more than (multiple varying factors here so x varies depending on whether I have hall effect keyboards or monterey blues) $x to ship.

You idiots must think I’m making a pile of cash from this, so that I have all incentive to spend all that time packing. I just didn’t want to throw stuff that others could make good use of, because I know that one man’s trash is another man’s treasure.

Lots of stuff got thrown yesterday. Gone. Two freaking cubic meters. Had to sneak up on several construction site dumpsters to get that all done. I’ve been saying for a month that they will be disposed of. Why are there still morons who message me after the fact saying that ok, I’m considering picking up your stuff, maybe if this sale proves legit I’ll condescend to paying for shipping on something that is free?

(Note the plural – several such morons messaged me yesterday, long after I’d locked all threads and deleted all items. I am only publicly singling out E3E because of the insulting tone of his message.)

Frankly this moving sale has been a pain and I don’t wish to talk to 99% of geekhackers ever again. Since wife bore the brunt of packing (95% of the work was done by her) I’m lucky that she is even talking to me, especially with my notes in such a mess with the constant mind changing of the geek/deskthor population. I know some mistakes have been made (whiteplate just notified me of his incomplete set), but by this point I don’t care. Everyone’s name has a tick next to it, which means you got sent something, and hopefully it is what you wanted. And unlike MOST members of the forums (MANY of whom treated me like google/yahoo/search engines), yes, wife can tell a Razer from a Model M and Cherry MX keycaps from buckling spring keycaps.

Anyway even if someone didn’t get what he ordered, odds are about 50-50 he can’t tell the difference. So many people were treating me as google that I might have said by mistake that green alps are heavy tactile and green MX are linears.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
Re: I get stupid requests like this all the time...
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 21:13:35 »
>Insulting tone of his message

>"Would you be alright waiting a little before I send you the payment to make sure all is well? Thanks you again."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 21:14:52 »
K

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 21:21:08 »
correction, not everyone has been sent.

I haven't had time to do that custom ISO mod for Darkshado (it's a time consuming one) so that's outstanding. His board hasn't been thrown, that I am sure of.  :p
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Rad

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 21:23:24 »
You should delete this.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 21:27:23 »
While it isn't against forum rules, I have to say that the public showing of private messages is tasteless at best.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 21:28:24 »
you dudes are incredibly soft.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 21:32:40 »
just like your profile pic?

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 21:33:11 »

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 21:40:41 »
you dudes are incredibly seal.
just like your profile pic?

No yours

Have you ever touched a seal before?
I haven't, so I don't know how soft they are.
How hard/soft are seals on a scale of: Dealing ISP customer support to the average GeekHack member?
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline E3E

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 21:46:36 »
Frankly, I don't see what was wrong with the tone of my message. I'm a little surprised, but not all that surprised considering how dramatic some people are around here.

You can give the case to someone else or throw it out or whatever, dude. You're not the only one with a life; things get complicated, and my pockets aren't bottomless pits, so even a $19 shipping fee is something I have to consider upon everything else. I just had to spend a lot on some home repairs and renovations.

I'm not going to get my panties in a bunch (or jimmies rustled, if you prefer) if I can't get something for free or if you toss it out. Whatever, man. Life's too short.

Anyway, that's all I wanted to say.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 21:53:51 »
Have you ever touched a seal before?
I haven't, so I don't know how soft they are.
How hard/soft are seals on a scale of: Dealing ISP customer support to the average GeekHack member?

I changed the quote ;)

More
Frankly, I don't see what was wrong with the tone of my message. I'm a little surprised, but not all that surprised considering how dramatic some people are around here.

You can give the case to someone else or throw it out or whatever, dude. You're not the only one with a life; things get complicated, and my pockets aren't bottomless pits, so even a $19 shipping fee is something I have to consider upon everything else. I just had to spend a lot on some home repairs and renovations.

I'm not going to get my panties in a bunch (or jimmies rustled, if you prefer) if I can't get something for free or if you toss it out. Whatever, man. Life's too short.

Anyway, that's all I wanted to say.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Darkshado

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 23:43:40 »
His board hasn't been thrown, that I am sure of.  :p

Phew!  :p

Thanks for taking the time. I had a quick look back at my PM box, and I believe we got everything done in under ten messages. Would have been less if not for me:

• Sending an extra message on telling friends about the sale and heads up for possible group shipping.
  • Increasing the size of the box and ordering additional items.

In all situations I tried to give a clear timeline and simple "if then else" scenarios in case of technical issues or communication delays.

Can't help but wonder how bad some might have been, and not buy anything in the end to top it off.
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 May 2016, 01:00:13 by Darkshado »

Offline gtxorb

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 07:22:39 »
Hi berserkfan, I don't know if it's proper to post it here.

I have paid over $400 to you almost a month ago, and what I get today is only a kayboard case.
I am not sure if this is a mistake or not.

But I need a expalination and solution.

Hope you can see this, and get back to me.

« Last Edit: Thu, 05 May 2016, 07:26:21 by gtxorb »

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 07:32:04 »

I wouldn't say proper, but it's certainly acceptable in this situation considering the circumstances. Seems like it's time to air out the dirty laundry.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 07:35:07 »

I have paid over $400 to you almost a month ago, and what I get today is only a kayboard case.

Show Image

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Offline HannahPeach

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 07:57:49 »

Show Image

that is.. something

Offline Scarpia

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 15:14:24 »

Show Image

Ouch. As someone who also has a large order with berserkfan, I'm interested to see what happened here. What were you expecting to receive, if not the things you got? Maybe he just shipped your order in two boxes and you've only received the first one?

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 17:23:55 »

I wouldn't say proper, but it's certainly acceptable in this situation considering the circumstances. Seems like it's time to air out the dirty laundry.

I would say it's pretty self-inflicted.

Offline gtxorb

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 20:26:17 »

Show Image

Ouch. As someone who also has a large order with berserkfan, I'm interested to see what happened here. What were you expecting to receive, if not the things you got? Maybe he just shipped your order in two boxes and you've only received the first one?

A large or of keycaps and switches. no keyboard at all. And I transfer the money at the very beginning, maybe the first one.
What I got from berserkfan is only 1 mail code. so this is all, nothing else.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 20:28:35 »
Alrite guys, calm down...  let's wait for Berserk to Respond before ya'll jump to conclusions.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 20:34:06 »
E3E has been chill to me

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 20:39:03 »
Alrite guys, calm down...  let's wait for Berserk to Respond before ya'll jump to conclusions.

I think this is kind of irrelevant because the content of the OP was pretty ****ty.

Offline gtxorb

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 20:41:27 »

Ah~, I can give more input.
Maybe I am the first one to transfer the money.
I had tried to let berserkfan ship my stuff first, but he refused under the reason of post office is very far away, so I can understand.
And I never try to change the order unless I see the shipping cost reduced (because the money already transferred...I don't want to waste money)

2 messages from the box, 1 is the box belongs to me, the other is a note "get this keyboard case out, and put keycaps in".
So what I am thinking is this is some kind of mistake, and I am still waiting for response from berserkfan.

So here is the thing that I don't understand, I put the 1st order, and could understand seller that there maybe some difficulties, but get the very worst service....

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 00:21:42 »
E3E has been chill to me

i got no beef with him. but OP is always complaining about something.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 01:14:53 »

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 04:17:49 »

Show Image

A large or of keycaps and switches. no keyboard at all. And I transfer the money at the very beginning, maybe the first one.
What I got from berserkfan is only 1 mail code. so this is all, nothing else.

...oh my. i hope that's just a bit of  mistake.

and i'm still waiting for berserkfan to ship my things as well..let's hope for the best.
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline gtxorb

« Reply #28 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 06:11:12 »
Unfortunately, can't get in touch with him. PM no response, email no response....

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 17:22:00 »
Unfortunately, can't get in touch with him. PM no response, email no response....
Please don't say that this is a skam.....

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 17:30:25 »
Please don't say that this is a skam.....

Got to love this thread.  Calls people out, gets called out for a not insignificant mistake, goes quiet.

Also, given from what the OP says, he doesn't give a **** if he messed up what you got. 

Frankly this moving sale has been a pain and I don’t wish to talk to 99% of geekhackers ever again. Since wife bore the brunt of packing (95% of the work was done by her) I’m lucky that she is even talking to me, especially with my notes in such a mess with the constant mind changing of the geek/deskthor population. I know some mistakes have been made (whiteplate just notified me of his incomplete set), but by this point I don’t care. Everyone’s name has a tick next to it, which means you got sent something, and hopefully it is what you wanted. And unlike MOST members of the forums (MANY of whom treated me like google/yahoo/search engines), yes, wife can tell a Razer from a Model M and Cherry MX keycaps from buckling spring keycaps.

Anyway even if someone didn’t get what he ordered, odds are about 50-50 he can’t tell the difference.

Added irony is the internal contradictions:

Are you implying we don’t ship things as promised, so you are delaying indefinitely?

Anyway even if someone didn’t get what he ordered, odds are about 50-50 he can’t tell the difference.

Time to do a chargeback or contest it or find some other way to get your money back gtxorb, otherwise it looks like you may be ****ed.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 17:52:15 »
Should I be concerned if I didn't get any shipping notification of some sort?

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 17:53:39 »
Should I be concerned if I didn't get any shipping notification of some sort?
Yeah I want to know too

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #33 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 18:00:15 »
I had a good interaction when I got my BT dongle from him, but, at this point, it's seeming like he's past caring.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 04:07:53 »
*not posted as a mod, personal opinion*

Why was there a giveaway?  Because berserk had too much stuff to relocate (and got screwed over by paypal trying to sell)

What is mentioned in the OP as a source of frustration?  The deadline has passed so the leftovers have been dumped, yet people who can't be bothered to read are still contacting him.

Why isn't he responding?  Maybe he's moving house so not online? :eek:

2 messages from the box, 1 is the box belongs to me, the other is a note "get this keyboard case out, and put keycaps in".

Does this look like something a scammer would write or a mistake?  No way would I do a huge sale/giveaway while preparing to move house, though if it's that or dump my projects maybe I would...

You have 180 days to dispute on paypal or a month(?) to do a chargeback, surely you can give the guy a week or two to get settled in to his new house and back online?

That said gtxorb unless your caps were sent to someone else who wanted a keyboard and they own up they are probably gone :(
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline gtxorb

« Reply #35 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 04:52:06 »
That said gtxorb unless your caps were sent to someone else who wanted a keyboard and they own up they are probably gone :(

Hello. I think I am fair enough to post everything here.
I didn't say that berserkfan is a cheat or something else.

I just want to say, I am the 1st paid person, I could understand that there was some difficulties that not shipping my stuff out immediately, but at least Please ship me stuff right.
And I think I did nothing wrong right?

Another interesting thing is I got PM from "ponnx" that we both order "Grab bags of at least 100 DSA keycaps, mostly red and white blanks but also numpads and novelties $20", and got confirmation about it.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 06:51:44 »

I just want to say, I am the 1st paid person, I could understand that there was some difficulties that not shipping my stuff out immediately, but at least Please ship me stuff right.

Another interesting thing is I got PM from "ponnx" that we both order "Grab bags of at least 100 DSA keycaps, mostly red and white blanks but also numpads and novelties $20", and got confirmation about it.

You were a little quick to post publicly but that's just my opinion - he did rant so I can see why you did.  You have every right to expect what you bought and you didn't call him a cheat, but others have come close so I had to comment.

Berserk bought lots of grab bags from PMK one year as shipping international is not cost effective for one, so him having two (or more) bags of 100 caps is not at all suspicious.  While looking for the classified thread where he had loads of caps laid out I noticed he has actually been online so it's over to him.

I hope his wife got everyone else's order right...
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #37 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 06:54:23 »

You were a little quick to post publicly but that's just my opinion - he did rant so I can see why you did.  You have every right to expect what you bought and you didn't call him a cheat, but others have come close so I had to comment.

Berserk bought lots of grab bags from PMK one year as shipping international is not cost effective for one, so him having two (or more) bags of 100 caps is not at all suspicious.  While looking for the classified thread where he had loads of caps laid out I noticed he has actually been online so it's over to him.

I hope his wife got everyone else's order right...

yeah I wish his wife got our order right

Offline Darkshado

« Reply #38 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 17:02:33 »
My thoughts go along suicidal_orange's: afaik he's between houses and very busy at the moment.

Another thing to consider with any potential mixups: it's going to take time for most of those orders to get to their destinations.

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #39 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 17:09:30 »
for those without tracking, I also never got a shipping notification, but when I checked the payment on paypal it had been updated with a tracking #.
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #40 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 17:16:00 »
Calm down guys, based on \ berserkfan's \ history here @ GH,  he is often abrasive in speech, but never has there been any indication that he's an unscrupulous individual.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #41 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 17:29:08 »
Something about dirty laundry in public? :p
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #42 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 18:43:14 »
for those without tracking, I also never got a shipping notification, but when I checked the payment on paypal it had been updated with a tracking #.

I checked my payment and saw the same  it's a bit early to be talking about PayPal disputes IMO. Give each it enough time to ship- sea mail from Singapore is going to take a bit.

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #43 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 22:50:55 »
I'm still waiting on shipping notification, paid a little over a week ago.

Even if the stuff is free, we're still entitled to get the things we asked for, especially for people like me who paid close to 80USD on shipping and fees alone.

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
« Reply #44 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 23:02:06 »
even so, i still believe in him.
i think it's quite dumb if he were to put all his reputation here at stake for some moving sale.

just.. give him some time.

TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #45 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 23:13:44 »
i think it's quite dumb if he were to put all his reputation here at stake for some moving sale.

I believe that gutz is legit, but some form of confirmation would be reassuring to have, as well as what he said in his post about not really caring about whether the order is right makes me worry a little.

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 00:57:03 »

I believe that gutz is legit, but some form of confirmation would be reassuring to have, as well as what he said in his post about not really caring about whether the order is right makes me worry a little.
I just got something in the mail from him. It wasn't what I had ordered but it was marked as a freebie so he is shipping his stuff out, perhaps even at his own expense. Everyone should just wait before they start jumping the gun.

Offline gtxorb

« Reply #47 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 04:12:58 »

I just got something in the mail from him. It wasn't what I had ordered but it was marked as a freebie so he is shipping his stuff out, perhaps even at his own expense. Everyone should just wait before they start jumping the gun.

So you mean that he shipped to you what you ordered & freeabie in 2 different mail box?

So how many ship num do you have? Or get from berserkfan.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 05:46:25 »

Even if the stuff is free, we're still entitled to get the things we asked for, especially for people like me who paid close to 80USD on shipping and fees alone.

As someone said, it's not a notification.  He's updating on the paypal transaction.  Go check, and see if there is a tracking number

http://www.singpost.com/send-documentparcel/transit-time.html

It takes a while for something to get somewhere using sea mail.  The shortest time is 3-5 weeks.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 May 2016, 05:49:13 by chuckdee »

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #49 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 06:17:28 »

As someone said, it's not a notification.  He's updating on the paypal transaction.  Go check, and see if there is a tracking number

http://www.singpost.com/send-documentparcel/transit-time.html

It takes a while for something to get somewhere using sea mail.  The shortest time is 3-5 weeks.

I paid via moneygram. What I meant by notification was an inbox saying my stuff was shipped, tracking no. etc