Author Topic: USB keyboard on Apple Desktop Bus computers  (Read 1452 times)

Offline UnFocused

USB keyboard on Apple Desktop Bus computers
« on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 09:00:01 »
Most people want to take their classic Apple mechanical ADB keyboards and use a Teensy or similar to get them working on modern computers over USB. I want to to the opposite and get my collection of mechanical keyboards working on my Apple IIgs and Macintosh SE.

Specifically, I have a M0116 with orange Alps and I'd like to use the switches in a Clueboard that I could use on any of my machines.

I can't find much at all about this other than a card for non-IIgs Apple II computers.

Offline klennkellon

• I like bottoming out
Re: USB keyboard on Apple Desktop Bus computers
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 12:38:25 »
I've never seen or even heard of one of these, however because it's possible to convert it one way it should also be possible to convert it the other way, no?

Offline UnFocused

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 13:25:42 »
I've never seen or even heard of one of these, however because it's possible to convert it one way it should also be possible to convert it the other way, no?

I'm sure it is possible, but I don't have the skills for that. I can follow instructions to solder in a Teensy and flash Soarer's to it, but that's about it.

Offline Suruga Devil

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 17:35:42 »
Wow, this is certainly different. Honestly I think your best bet would be finding a way to contact Soarer- there aren't many people more knowledgeable about this kind of stuff than him. Actually, there aren't many people knowledgeable about this kind of stuff in general. Best of luck.