Author Topic: Hello from Spain + Fake alps membrane ?¿  (Read 2296 times)

Offline Konest

Hello from Spain + Fake alps membrane ?¿
« on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 11:53:18 »
Hello everybody, I'm Konest and I'm from Spain.
Recently I've been interested in the world of mechanical keyboards. Old mechanical keyboards to be exact.
So I asked to my family and they gave me this keyboard that looks like it has alps switches but they're not!

And to end my presentation, my goal is to get and old mechanical keyboard with cyrillic keycaps <33

Oh, and sorry for my bad English  ;D

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • KA2 touchpad on top
    • csmertx.com
Re: Hello from Spain + Fake alps membrane ?¿
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 13:56:54 »
Welcome. New cherry mx compatible Cyrillic sets are pretty popular atm. Enjoypbt makes some in a variety of different colorways.

Rubber dome with Alps slider? Sounds like a keyboard from a Chyros keyboard review video (or something he would mention)
Chris Schammert

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 06:02:26 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Slider over rubber dome?  At least the keycaps are Alps!  If a little yellowed, although I can't talk as the NEC APC-H4100E I'm using atm is so yellow its almost brown.

Most of the keycaps with Cyrillic lettering are Cherry MX compatible.  There's not too many older MX boards around, and a lot of those will need spacial interfaces to work with modern PCs.

The classic of the old keyboards is the Model M - usually fairly readily available, although I can't recall seeing keycaps with Cyrillic on them.

By the way what's wrong with your English?  The only flaw I could see is the word "and" instead of "an", which could easily be explained as a typo :p  Infinitely better than my Spanish, which is non-existent :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Konest

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 12:52:16 »
Thanks for the answers :)

Then I'll look for an old cherry keyboard and the cyrillic keycaps  ;D

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • KA2 touchpad on top
    • csmertx.com
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 13:40:32 »
I can link a few of the most popular cyrillic sets available (AFAIK) for USD but I'm not sure of the shipping costs, etc.

www.originativeco.com - keeps a few in stock.

There's also an interest check for classic grey/beige Cyrillic (or Russian) keycaps that will probably become a GB in the future.
Chris Schammert