Author Topic: Technically not new, but still pretty new. Hi from Cali!  (Read 2197 times)

Offline fancymans

Technically not new, but still pretty new. Hi from Cali!
« on: Wed, 01 June 2016, 03:57:49 »
Hello from California!
Made an account for fun a little while ago, but have been mainly lurking around. Wanted to say hi since I never did!

Just joined in the LUSTRO GB and I'm super excited about it, since it'll be my first 60%. Currently rocking a Realforce 104UB with 45g uniform silenced switches and the 10th anniversary color scheme. ;) Cost me a pretty penny but it was worth it.

I'm also working on painting an old QFR and thinking of hydrodipping my QFR-i. Hopefully the paint job turns out well. I'll be sure to post it once I'm done.

Anyways... here's some eye candy for you all.

Realforce 87U 55g 10th Silenced | HHKB Silenced | FC660C

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Technically not new, but still pretty new. Hi from Cali!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 01 June 2016, 05:58:54 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Nice keyboard :)  How do you keep it so clean?  Mine have dust all over them almost as soon as I take them out of the boxes.

There's a whole section on customising QFR cases.  A shame CM doesn't seem to sell the case tops any more.

Any idea what colour/pattern you'll dip your QFR-i?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 01 June 2016, 09:17:04 »
Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay!  It's always nice to have some new members.
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline fancymans

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 01 June 2016, 10:27:25 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Nice keyboard :)  How do you keep it so clean?  Mine have dust all over them almost as soon as I take them out of the boxes.

There's a whole section on customising QFR cases.  A shame CM doesn't seem to sell the case tops any more.

I don't really do anything actually. I guess i'm not in a very dust heavy area.  :thumb:

And yep I lurked there first! Haha. Yeah too bad they don't sell top cases anymore. I should have bought a few when I had the chance. I haven't made up my mind on what pattern to dip yet. I might end up painting it too. I wanted something to go along with the Hana DSA keycap set I ordered on Massdrop. Any ideas other than flat white or pink? I'm thinking white base with scattered cherry blossom petals or maybe even a branch but it might not even possible.
Realforce 87U 55g 10th Silenced | HHKB Silenced | FC660C

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 00:00:13 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I don't really do anything actually. I guess i'm not in a very dust heavy area.  :thumb:

And yep I lurked there first! Haha. Yeah too bad they don't sell top cases anymore. I should have bought a few when I had the chance. I haven't made up my mind on what pattern to dip yet. I might end up painting it too. I wanted something to go along with the Hana DSA keycap set I ordered on Massdrop. Any ideas other than flat white or pink? I'm thinking white base with scattered cherry blossom petals or maybe even a branch but it might not even possible.

Lucky you - I live in a very dusty area.  Simply unpacking a new keycap set and there's dust on it already.

You're asking me for artistic inspiration?  ROFLMAO  I have as much artistic ability as, say, a damp twig.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ