Author Topic: Howdy everybody!  (Read 2521 times)

Offline Wingpad

• The Kumquat Kid
Howdy everybody!
« on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 15:28:19 »
I am a nineteen year old web developer/software engineer that has a predilection for heavy switches with a nice clack. I currently own:
I'm currently working on:
  • A 60% Keyboard with SP's Think Different DSA Keycaps and Ghetto Greens (MX Blues with 62g Gold Springs)
  • A DELL AT101W with linear damped switches (this one was mostly just to tinker, not a huge fan)
Looking to acquire an ALPS Blue board, Model M and Topre Board at some point in the near future; I've already resigned to emptying my wallet, haha. Thanks for having me!
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 September 2016, 00:27:18 by Wingpad »

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
Re: Howdy everybody!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 10:30:13 »
Welcome to GeekHack!:cool:

I'd welcome you to WalletHack but it seems that you've discovered that already. :))

Happy Keyboarding!

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 12:47:37 »
Hey buddy, saw you on the alps appreciation thread, Welcome to GH! Good to have more alps lovers on here.

Offline Wingpad

• The Kumquat Kid
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 16:06:30 »
Welcome to GeekHack!:cool:

I'd welcome you to WalletHack but it seems that you've discovered that already. :))

Happy Keyboarding!

Thank you, yes I have already discovered that, unfortunately (or is it fortunately?) :))

Hey buddy, saw you on the alps appreciation thread, Welcome to GH! Good to have more alps lovers on here.

Thanks! It's good to be among other Alps lovers  :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 19 June 2016, 01:13:01 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

That's a nice mod to the AT101W!  Did you do that yourself?

By the way, are those Tai Hao keycaps on the AT101W?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Wingpad

• The Kumquat Kid
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 12:22:56 »
Thanks, Rowdy! Yes, I did that mod to the AT101W myself and those are Tai Hao keycaps with the exception of the spacebar and caps lock which are dyed (via vinyl dye) original caps (since the caps from the Tai Hao set wouldn't work, the caps lock wasn't stepped and the spacebar needed costar style stabs).

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 05:29:58 »
Thanks, Rowdy! Yes, I did that mod to the AT101W myself and those are Tai Hao keycaps with the exception of the spacebar and caps lock which are dyed (via vinyl dye) original caps (since the caps from the Tai Hao set wouldn't work, the caps lock wasn't stepped and the spacebar needed costar style stabs).

It's nice when something comes together as well as that :)

And intensely annoying when there's only a couple of keycaps that don't fit!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ