Author Topic: Afternoon  (Read 2455 times)

Offline DtEarth

Afternoon
« on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 20:38:34 »
Well after owning a simple Rosewill RGB80 for about a year now I've got the bug for that perfect mechanical keyboard. While searching around for different ideas, reviews, and part locations I keep finding myself on this forum. Just thought I'd join and say Hi. Thanks.
, ,, , Rosewill RGB80, AJazz, Planck, Preonic

Offline Bigpock

Re: Afternoon
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 20:42:55 »
Razer Deathwiddow with RGB backlighting

Offline Marshal

• Formerly dranzer889
  • Kō Caps
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 21:58:13 »
Well after owning a simple Rosewill RGB80 for about a year now I've got the bug for that perfect mechanical keyboard. While searching around for different ideas, reviews, and part locations I keep finding myself on this forum. Just thought I'd join and say Hi. Thanks.

You'll love it here, it's a treasure trove of information and there's tons of friendly people!

Offline DtEarth

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 08:31:06 »
Thanks dranzer889. I'm enjoying it so far. Most of what I enjoy is the research. I've learned with age is not to just buy to buy. I will however buy cheap to see if like it. Even though growing up with clink clank keyboards since the early 80's. Still kicking myself for getting rid of box's of those "M's". I never quite understood the thrill of mechanical. But ever since getting back to a mechanical I totally understand it now. Now just have to justify the price of building/making my own.  :))

Bigpock... Not sure why you posted a Razor KB. Unless to tear it apart for parts. I've never been a fan of Razor products. That's just me. No offense to those that do.  :D

Currently I have the Rosewill RGB80 (87 tenkeyless style, Brown Kailh's) , two Qisan's (68 key Gateron Blue's and 82 key ZORRO Blue's) and KC71 RGB (Gateron Green) on it's way to try out the form factor. Also cheep enough to tear apart, desolder, and custom build.
, ,, , Rosewill RGB80, AJazz, Planck, Preonic

Offline Bigpock

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 10:43:01 »
Welcome to geekhack. There are a ton of keyboards to pick at from stock built, to custom made. Different layouts, different switches...

If you wanna jump right in, find what switch you think you would like best, and what stock board you like best. Im currently on a KUL with Gateron red switches.

You might not want that, its what ever your into.. tons of options. 50$ keyboards to 400$ keyboards. It's your money, use it when you need it

And btw from what I've read, there is no perfect mech keyboard as your always chasing that magical dragon. Don't do heroin. Its just a keyboard
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 June 2016, 10:53:02 by Bigpock »

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 07:34:27 »
Thanks dranzer889. I'm enjoying it so far. Most of what I enjoy is the research. I've learned with age is not to just buy to buy. I will however buy cheap to see if like it. Even though growing up with clink clank keyboards since the early 80's. Still kicking myself for getting rid of box's of those "M's". I never quite understood the thrill of mechanical. But ever since getting back to a mechanical I totally understand it now. Now just have to justify the price of building/making my own.  :))

Bigpock... Not sure why you posted a Razor KB. Unless to tear it apart for parts. I've never been a fan of Razor products. That's just me. No offense to those that do.  :D

Currently I have the Rosewill RGB80 (87 tenkeyless style, Brown Kailh's) , two Qisan's (68 key Gateron Blue's and 82 key ZORRO Blue's) and KC71 RGB (Gateron Green) on it's way to try out the form factor. Also cheep enough to tear apart, desolder, and custom build.

OooOo, AhhHHh.. A Gateron Green user! Oh, not quite yet, but when you receive it you will be :)

Welcome!
Chris Schammert

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 19 June 2016, 01:20:19 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

It's amazing how long we could use a good keyboard back in the day without really appreciating it.  Mechanical keyboards were just standard back then, nothing special.  It's only when we realise that they have gone that we start to miss them.

I have 5 Model M keyboards of various sizes now, plus an NEC APC-H4100E :)

Some people find that an HHKB is their "end game" keyboard, but most discover that there is no such thing, just a never-ending sequence of new keyboards, new keycaps and new switches that keep coming out.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ