Author Topic: Out of date GMK colors in the keyboard layout editor  (Read 4884 times)

Offline Jubjub

Out of date GMK colors in the keyboard layout editor
« on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 17:38:43 »
Hey Guys,
First time ever posting here. I was working with the keyboard layout editor ( http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/ ) and talking with someone from GMK. It looks like the color options presets are out of date on the keyboard layout editor.
Here is the image I got from GMK.
140551-0

Does anyone know who I'd contact to try and get the color options updated?
Thanks,
Jubjub

Offline joey

Re: Out of date GMK colors in the keyboard layout editor
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 17:43:10 »
You could try PMing ijprest here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?action=profile;u=30503
Or if you have a github account you can open an issue here: https://github.com/ijprest/keyboard-layout-editor

Offline Jubjub

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 18:13:10 »
Cool, I went ahead and submitted an issue on github.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 18:28:12 »
It will be great to have updated colors in the keyboard layout editor. I have been using it recently and I found it to be very useful, but the colors, also, some common symbols, like the arrows in Cherry shift keys are not available.

Offline Jubjub

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 19:39:45 »
Yep, I'm trying to put together a DSA sky dolch set. Super freaking handy tool.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 20:15:26 »
Hey Guys,
First time ever posting here. I was working with the keyboard layout editor ( http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/ ) and talking with someone from GMK. It looks like the color options presets are out of date on the keyboard layout editor.
Here is the image I got from GMK.
(Attachment Link)

Does anyone know who I'd contact to try and get the color options updated?
Thanks,
Jubjub

Welcome to Geekhack!

Thank you for your contribution.  it's little things like that that most people wouldn't notice that helps keep us all on the straight and narrow :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 20:17:31 »
Yep, I'm trying to put together a DSA sky dolch set. Super freaking handy tool.
But GMK colors won't match up with DSA as DSA is made by SP. :confused:

Offline Jubjub

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 20:22:47 »

I was talking with the person from Originative who made the set and they said that SP has the Dolch colors, so I just need to find a decent cyan color. Likely won't be perfect, but should be able to get darn close.
Now, which greys are the dolch greys,....is a whole different conundrum.
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 June 2016, 20:26:54 by Jubjub »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 20:50:39 »

I was talking with the person from Originative who made the set and they said that SP has the Dolch colors, so I just need to find a decent cyan color. Likely won't be perfect, but should be able to get darn close.
Now, which greys are the dolch greys,....is a whole different conundrum.

Just use SP's colors. You can ask what they used for DSA and find a matching sky blue.

Offline Jubjub

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 20:54:42 »
Yeah, looking at the SP Dolch colors, they look kinda brown compared to the GMK colors. I'm kinda thinking of winging it with the colors. Not sure which SP greys to use. BBJ seems like the best blue that SP has for this.
http://pimpmykeyboard.com/template/images/absblue.jpg

Thoughts?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 21:11:16 »
Yeah, looking at the SP Dolch colors, they look kinda brown compared to the GMK colors. I'm kinda thinking of winging it with the colors. Not sure which SP greys to use. BBJ seems like the best blue that SP has for this.
http://pimpmykeyboard.com/template/images/absblue.jpg

Thoughts?

Sometimes that is the problem - too many colours to choose from, and the resulting keycap set never looks in real life quite how it looks in photos.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Jubjub

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 21:24:52 »
Yeah, maybe it's best not to try to perfectly match, and mostly just get something that's close and works well together. I'm thinking GEW, and BBj, and a different gray.