Author Topic: Hello, new here!  (Read 1788 times)

Offline Ricken

Hello, new here!
« on: Sat, 25 June 2016, 18:35:54 »
I'm new here and the whole reason I created an account is because recently my keyboard has been showing signs of age as I've had it for a few years and never really took the best care of it until recently. Long story short I love MMORPGs, but have sad short little fingers and the only way I've found that I've been able to comfortably play them is with the Razer Anansi Keyboard, which is no longer being made. This being said I can't for the life of me find another keyboard like it, and was wondering if anyone here would have suggestions for me! Any help is appreciated, and while I don't have the money to be able to get anything like this at the moment its always good to have a plan.

The Keyboard I'm currently using: http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-anansi

I don't know if I'm just an idiot but I don't see a buy button on the page anymore so I kinda just assume that they stopped making it, I assume it wasn't incredibly popular or was just old.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
Re: Hello, new here!
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 25 June 2016, 19:00:05 »
Welcome Boo.

If your thing you like the Anansi for is the "easy" to reach macro keys, you should look into making some auto hot key combinations that are even easier to reach than a button below the space bar.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Hello, new here!
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 26 June 2016, 01:35:19 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I'm guessing it's the thumb cluster that you like?  I haven't seen another keyboard with anything quite like that.

Have you considered something like an Orbweaver? http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-orbweaver-chroma

That one does have a BUY button at the top of the page.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ