Author Topic: Model F AT to PS2  (Read 1450 times)

Offline happylacquer

• BS Apologist
    • BHOBuds
Model F AT to PS2
« on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 23:16:10 »
Is this easy to do? It looks like you can get a Model F board nice and cheap on ebay at any time. Is it just wiring the 4 wires on your ps2 cable and boom?

Offline Tactile

Re: Model F AT to PS2
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 23:28:16 »
All you need is one of these:
160401-0

Offline happylacquer

• BS Apologist
    • BHOBuds
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 23:36:23 »
All you need is one of these:
(Attachment Link)

I guess if a passive adapter is fine there shouldn't be any issue replacing the internal cable with a PS2 one?

Offline Tactile

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 23:36:47 »
And, yes, if you want to hand wire it's just a matter of changing the connector.

Offline Wingklip

• I am the one the one the one the one the one
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 14 February 2017, 03:18:28 »
Passive adapter works 100%. Don't desolder it you silly :eek:
If you 1v1 me in a cage fight I will use an AK-74 for ranged and an IBM model F 122 for melee

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 14 February 2017, 07:50:05 »

you can get a Model F board nice and cheap on ebay at any time

When and where? F ATs have become much more expensive and harder to find in the last couple of years.

Were our leaders just stupid? Well, maybe. But there’s a deeper explanation of the profoundly self-destructive behavior of Trump and his allies: They were all members of America’s cult of selfishness. You see, the modern US right is committed to the proposition that greed is good, that we’re all better off when individuals engage in the untrammeled pursuit of self-interest. In their vision, unrestricted profit maximization by businesses and unregulated consumer choice is the recipe for a good society.
Support for this proposition is, if anything, more emotional than intellectual. I’ve long been struck by the intensity of right-wing anger against relatively trivial regulations, like bans on phosphates in detergent and efficiency standards for light bulbs. It’s the principle of the thing: Many on the right are enraged at any suggestion that their actions should take other people’s welfare into account. This rage is sometimes portrayed as love of freedom. But people who insist on the right to pollute are notably unbothered by, say, federal agents tear-gassing peaceful protesters. What they call “freedom” is actually absence of responsibility.
Rational policy in a pandemic, however, is all about taking responsibility. The main reason you shouldn’t go to a bar and should wear a mask isn’t self-protection, although that’s part of it; the point is that congregating in noisy, crowded spaces or exhaling droplets into shared air puts others at risk. And that’s the kind of thing America’s right just hates, hates to hear. Anger at any suggestion of social responsibility also helps explain the looming fiscal catastrophe.  – Paul Krugman 2020-07-28 NYT

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 14 February 2017, 08:07:44 »

you can get a Model F board nice and cheap on ebay at any time

When and where? F ATs have become much more expensive and harder to find in the last couple of years.
I think he means Model Fs in general. The XT ones are much more forthcoming.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 14 February 2017, 08:31:20 »

The XT ones are much more forthcoming.

Without a doubt, but the thread title says "AT" and most of the discussion is around passive adapters, etc.

Any other Model F requires "conversion" of some type to USB, and PS/2 is not an option.
Were our leaders just stupid? Well, maybe. But there’s a deeper explanation of the profoundly self-destructive behavior of Trump and his allies: They were all members of America’s cult of selfishness. You see, the modern US right is committed to the proposition that greed is good, that we’re all better off when individuals engage in the untrammeled pursuit of self-interest. In their vision, unrestricted profit maximization by businesses and unregulated consumer choice is the recipe for a good society.
Support for this proposition is, if anything, more emotional than intellectual. I’ve long been struck by the intensity of right-wing anger against relatively trivial regulations, like bans on phosphates in detergent and efficiency standards for light bulbs. It’s the principle of the thing: Many on the right are enraged at any suggestion that their actions should take other people’s welfare into account. This rage is sometimes portrayed as love of freedom. But people who insist on the right to pollute are notably unbothered by, say, federal agents tear-gassing peaceful protesters. What they call “freedom” is actually absence of responsibility.
Rational policy in a pandemic, however, is all about taking responsibility. The main reason you shouldn’t go to a bar and should wear a mask isn’t self-protection, although that’s part of it; the point is that congregating in noisy, crowded spaces or exhaling droplets into shared air puts others at risk. And that’s the kind of thing America’s right just hates, hates to hear. Anger at any suggestion of social responsibility also helps explain the looming fiscal catastrophe.  – Paul Krugman 2020-07-28 NYT