Author Topic: Linear Zealios/Gaterons, GMK caps and o-rings = problems?  (Read 1747 times)

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Linear Zealios/Gaterons, GMK caps and o-rings = problems?
« on: Fri, 08 July 2016, 03:48:13 »
Really didn't know where to put this, went with here as Zealios are pretty much DIY :confused:

I built a CP-SQ with linear Zealios using 120g and 100g springs and fitted GMK Hyperfuse with 1.5mm o-rings - looks great, feels great and it's nice and quiet, but it seems this combination puts some of the switches right on the point of actuation.  7/10 are fine, 2/10 chatter occasionally and the rest don't actuate reliably unless you hit them really hard so overall the board is not usable.

There's also an unrelated issue where it seems the plate is slightly off so the spacebar stab is bent inwards and rubs so I'm going to have to desolder all the switches and start again but before I rebuild it I wanted to check if anyone has successfully used o-rings with linear Zealios, or other linear Gaterons, or did you have problems?
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
Re: Linear Zealios/Gaterons, GMK caps and o-rings = problems?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 08 July 2016, 04:17:24 »
Hmmm linear zealios means r1 zealios right?

There's an issue with chattering on the r1 zealios and I got some r1 zealios with me and they chatter too.

And zealios already fix the issue wuth the R2

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 08 July 2016, 04:41:12 »
Thanks for the reply, I thought it was only the tactile ones which chattered so after having a nightmare doing a board with them I traded my tactile stems to linear to avoid it as it's a solid plate so no open and tweak.  But yes, I am using R1 Zealio housings.

I don't think that's the problem here though as without o-rings the chatter is at least greatly reduced, in 50 test hits I'd get 2-3 chatters with o-rings and none without.  Could be luck though...
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 08 July 2016, 04:49:11 »
Yeah imma think its because of the zealios housing cause any of my gateron got no chattering issue and o-ring hmmm I never tried em tho.