Author Topic: Salutations!  (Read 2138 times)

Offline xninetynine

Salutations!
« on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 06:49:28 »
Hello GH friends! I've been a long time creeper and have just dabbled in mechanical keyboards but have decided to finally make it a full time hobby. I look forward to learning and talking to who ever will give me the time of day! :)

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: Salutations!
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 07:28:43 »
Welcome to Wallethack,

Brace your wallet :)
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline xninetynine

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 16:04:24 »
Haha, thanks! I can already feel the hurts and my wallet is in the corner sobbing right now because it knows what's about to happen to it. :(

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 16:22:59 »
Haha, thanks! I can already feel the hurts and my wallet is in the corner sobbing right now because it knows what's about to happen to it. :(

Yikes!
Chris Schammert

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 12 July 2016, 06:03:52 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Have you bought your first mechanical keyboard yet?  Or still trying to decide?

Way too many choices these days ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline xninetynine

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 03:55:00 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Hi there! I've been known to be the crazy type so I actually jumped in the deep end of the metaphorical mechanical keyboard pool. I ended up getting a HHKB Pro II and I love it! The size, the use of fn combining with other keys. It's great! The hard part now is just tracking down the keys that are gorgeous works by the numerous artisans on this board. I hope I can get a few of them. :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 04:47:04 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Hi there! I've been known to be the crazy type so I actually jumped in the deep end of the metaphorical mechanical keyboard pool. I ended up getting a HHKB Pro II and I love it! The size, the use of fn combining with other keys. It's great! The hard part now is just tracking down the keys that are gorgeous works by the numerous artisans on this board. I hope I can get a few of them. :)

Congratulations on your HHKB!  (Typed on my HHKB!)

Most artisans do make Topre variants, so keep your eyes open for any upcoming sales.

I don't think there are any happening soon, probably everyone is outside enjoying the (northern hemisphere) summer.  Or playing Pokemon GO.

There's usually a few god artisan sales around Halloween though.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ