Author Topic: My first hand wired keyboard (RGB Planck)  (Read 3197 times)

Offline MediocreBadGuy23

My first hand wired keyboard (RGB Planck)
« on: Sun, 24 July 2016, 21:09:27 »
About a month or so ago I started collecting parts to make a few custom keyboards. I bought a PCB for a split planck keyboard and decided to buy plates and cases for two split plancks, regular planck, and a minivan type keyboard. So while waiting for the split planck PCBs, I gathered the supplies to make this planck. I used a pro micro and hand wired on gateron blue switches. It's my first keyboard with gateron switches and the blue switch type and I love it so far. That clicky feeling is so satisfying. Here's a few pics of the finished product:

143340-0

143342-1

And here's what it looks like now with G20 keycaps and orange backlighting.

143344-2

This is my first thread here with images. So I haven't really gotten used to the formatting yet. I put a build log type post on imgur here: http://imgur.com/a/JuTBT.

Anyways, let me know what you guys think and if you have any questions, comments, criticisms, or anything you'd like to talk about. I'll post another build log of my minivan type build in a few.

« Last Edit: Sun, 24 July 2016, 21:13:47 by MediocreBadGuy23 »

Offline MediocreBadGuy23

Re: My first hand wired keyboard (RGB Planck)
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 24 July 2016, 21:31:11 »
Apologize for the crappy magicforce keycaps on it. I actually just put on some white PBT keycaps that look much better.