Author Topic: Vortex PBT Doubleshot Keycaps  (Read 3668 times)

Offline bloorocket

• Experience tranquillity
Vortex PBT Doubleshot Keycaps
« on: Wed, 27 July 2016, 21:45:30 »
There are not many guides talking about these keycaps.
I have been using them for months, I can tell you the PBT + POM looks brilliant on a backlit RGB keyboard.
The thing I like, personal preference really, is the font, and how easy it is to clean the keycaps and how resistant it is to food stuff.
But I wished they produce more colours than just black and white, honestly if they managed to do something like navy blue, royale purple and Ferrari red I would buy them in a heartbeat.

143561-0
Ducky Snake Mx Blues
Bucket list: EnduroPro, Ergodox, King's Assembly, HHKB Pro2, 55g RF
Looking for: Grey Mod set for RF 104 ANSI

Offline Adgar

• * Vendor
    • Pheilcia
Re: Vortex PBT Doubleshot Keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 22:24:09 »
Woo!  This one looks gorgeours, I prefer PBT keycaps For that one provide me much more choices of color and  shapes.Although  the balck one is my favorit e,I think what make your keyboard looks so nice because of its  RGB back-ligh.   :cool:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 29 July 2016, 00:41:39 »
Ducky is the only company I know of that has made backlight-friendly keycaps in a variety of colours, but only ABS.

Maybe there is not such demand for them.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline saxophone

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 13:58:14 »
They exist, but aren't sold under the name Vortex.
144228-0

Offline ryan92084

• Consumer ****
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 06:31:02 »
I too enjoy my vortex set.
Do a search for ikbc (allegedly the oem for vortex) on aliexpress and you'll find translucent pbt doubleshots in a variety of colors.  I haven't tried them yet.

RiP *ucky Shine(ing)