Author Topic: Filco ninja keycaps availability  (Read 3734 times)

Offline Stephane1972

Filco ninja keycaps availability
« on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 18:07:10 »
Hi guys :-) I have a filco convertible 2 and I would like to swap the stock keycaps for a set of ninja keycaps (genuine filco ninja keycaps, as they look the best in my opinion, despite being of lower quality than PBT keycaps).

I was wondering if any of you guys know if Filco intends to sell them separately in the future (both their top printed and blank keycaps sets are sold separately but not the ninja version).

Thanks  :-) 

Offline zslane

Re: Filco ninja keycaps availability
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 18:53:02 »
Where are you located?

Offline Stephane1972

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 19:01:08 »
Province of Quebec (Canada)

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 19:23:07 »
have you considered getting varmilo keycaps? they are made with thick PBT material and they come in side print/ninja aswell :)  :thumb:

Offline zslane

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 19:43:11 »
Well, I have a set of Ninja caps from a Majestouch-2 you can have outright. Just PM your mailing address.

Offline Stephane1972

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 20:21:34 »
Thanks zslane :-)

That would be great ... but first, can I ask you if it's still in good condition ? I'd really like to find one that's almost like new, with little to no shine on the keys.

Offline zslane

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 20:38:40 »
They are completely pristine/unused. I replaced them with keycaps from SP the moment I opened the box.

Offline Stephane1972

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 20:44:48 »
Great! PM sent :-)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 06:04:29 »
Hi guys :-) I have a filco convertible 2 and I would like to swap the stock keycaps for a set of ninja keycaps (genuine filco ninja keycaps, as they look the best in my opinion, despite being of lower quality than PBT keycaps).

I was wondering if any of you guys know if Filco intends to sell them separately in the future (both their top printed and blank keycaps sets are sold separately but not the ninja version).

Thanks  :-)

Welcome to Geekhack!

Looks like you got lucky - congratulations :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ