Author Topic: [GB] Mech27-TKL v1 Canadian Custom | 100% Shipped | CLOSED AND FINISHED  (Read 205079 times)

Offline FactoryDefaults

Re: [GB] Mech27-TKL v1 Canadian Custom | Closed/Sorting
« Reply #750 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 14:49:15 »
Hi everyone, I'm currently working with those who have received their boards damaged to find a resolution.  Unfortunately there is a few visible manufacturer defects in the finish that got through QC and were missed by myself while packing.  As such, I'm going to be much more stringent about the QC of my boards while packing.

Speaking of packing, I have spoken with a few community members and have ordered thick PE foam to reinforce the packages, as well I will be screwing everything together before packing so there will be much less chance of pieces bumping or rubbing against each other.

If anyone has any concerns to voice please contact me through pms.
Thanks for the update 27! Hope all boards sent out from now on arrive safely.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #751 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 06:55:20 »
so, firmware? what page, cant find it?

Offline joey

« Reply #752 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 06:56:13 »
It's bootmapper client. (Dunno where you get it though)

Offline gaiden

« Reply #753 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 07:01:23 »
Bootmapper is from winkeyless.kr i think

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #754 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 07:06:21 »

ok. so now i need windows...

Offline gaiden

« Reply #755 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 07:13:21 »

I think i saw it has Mac support http://blog.winkeyless.kr/155

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #756 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 10:37:00 »

I think i saw it has Mac support http://blog.winkeyless.kr/155

Im gonna steal wifus MacBook

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline jeffbolton

« Reply #757 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 11:17:33 »
Any ballpark when these will start going out again?

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #758 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 15:17:54 »
the only thing that is working is the RGB leds, cant get it ro register ****.

Also the keyboards end up in bootloader evertime i plug it in. i need Answers plx.

Offline PerniciousPony

« Reply #759 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 15:20:30 »

Also the keyboards end up in bootloader evertime i plug it in. i need Answers plx.

Sounds like you might have have wiped the software from the board when trying to flash and haven't put the new hex on yet.

Offline Tally810

« Reply #760 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 15:25:44 »
https://imgur.com/a/4JP1u 
  Man I went to plug my cable in and one of the wires in the mini usb port in the pcb bent up.... now the cable won't plug in.  I guess I'll either have to try to straighten it out or solder a new one on.  Anyone ever had this happen?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #761 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 16:10:33 »

Sounds like you might have have wiped the software from the board when trying to flash and haven't put the new hex on yet.

what firmware do i need to upload then? the only thing im able to sort out is the ps2avrGB

Edit: found a picture of the pcb, its ps2avrGB that supposed to be used.

Same problem remains, when i upload it, no errors or anything, when i upload the keymap... nothing changes, when i plug out the cable and back in again leds stop working(im in boot mode again)

Tried restariting the bootmapperclient and download the current layout. This works as intended, proves that the firmware is there and the layout as well.

Offline gaiden

« Reply #762 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 16:53:32 »

what firmware do i need to upload then? the only thing im able to sort out is the ps2avrGB

Same problem remains, when i upload it, no errors or anything, when i upload the keymap... nothing changes, when i plug out the cable and back in again leds stop working(im in boot mode again)

Tried restariting the bootmapperclient and download the current layout. This works as intended, proves that the firmware is there and the layout as well.
Do you have the latest firmware on the board?

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #763 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 16:56:00 »

Do you have the latest firmware on the board?

Yes, downloaded from the winkeyless site

Offline joey

« Reply #764 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 17:11:42 »
Looking to transfer my spot. Silver top/bottom with silver plate and extra cyan plate (some minor damage, can be replaced or fixed)

PM if you're interested!

Offline Tally810

« Reply #765 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 17:14:57 »
Did anyone happen to buy an extra pcb they would like to sell me?

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #766 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 17:37:57 »

Unfortunately, I don't think 27 offered extra PCBs this round... Hope you can get your USB socket repaired or replaced!!

Offline Tally810

« Reply #767 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 17:41:34 »

Unfortunately, I don't think 27 offered extra PCBs this round... Hope you can get your USB socket repaired or replaced!!
Yea it's not just that. During shipping several diodes and resistors got knocked off and I soldered them back but it's not quite the same lol.  Starting on a fresh pcb would make me happy.

Offline Funtast

« Reply #768 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 17:43:08 »
Is there information about the new packaging?
And is there a way to check the defect case before sending it?

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #769 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 17:45:49 »

Yea it's not just that. During shipping several diodes and resistors got knocked off and I soldered them back but it's not quite the same lol.  Starting on a fresh pcb would make me happy.

Crappola. Wonder if a standard ps2avRGB sort of a PCB might work?? I have an extra one of those (TKL) I'm hanging on to for emergency use, but would let it go so you can hopefully resurrect this. I'll look at it tonight against the Mech-27 board and see if there's a shot it might be a suitable replacement.  :thumb:  Might get burned by USB placement or something, but it's worth a look.

Offline Tally810

« Reply #770 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 17:48:12 »

Crappola. Wonder if a standard ps2avRGB sort of a PCB might work?? I have an extra one of those (TKL) I'm hanging on to for emergency use, but would let it go so you can hopefully resurrect this. I'll look at it tonight against the Mech-27 board and see if there's a shot it might be a suitable replacement.  :thumb:  Might get burned by USB placement or something, but it's worth a look.
Dude that's a mighty fine offer but just as you said the usb placement is off I'm 90 percent sure.  Thanks for looking out tho man I do appreciate it.

Offline FactoryDefaults

« Reply #771 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 01:06:46 »
Has anyone gotten around to weighing the board?

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #772 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 04:01:02 »

2.8 kg with switches and caps

Offline FactoryDefaults

« Reply #773 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 05:17:56 »

2.8 kg with switches and caps
Alright, thanks for checking!

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #774 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 15:49:36 »
Hey everyone!

Please be patient while I get these ready to go out.

I've worked out a new packing method which is much better than previously.

First I screw together the case, weight, and plate, then wrap that in brown wrapping paper, then that in a layer of bubble wrap.  That is then placed in the box with 1" foam on the top and bottom, and 3/4" foam for the side walls.  The PCB will be sandwiched between two pieces of foam.  I'll post pictures of the process once I receive the foam (which should be tomorrow or monday).
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #775 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 15:53:32 »
ALSO, I'm checking over each part more closely due to some QC issues on the external finish.  Please be understanding that I have very few resources to provide replacements or refunds.  I am not a large entity, I'm a single person who wanted to make something that people would enjoy.

Addressing issues with the PCB, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE check the board before doing any soldering as I will not provide replacements for any that do not work after assembly from this point on.  I will personally be checking the PCBs prior to shipping to avoid issues.
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline gaiden

« Reply #776 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 16:31:47 »
Hey everyone!

Please be patient while I get these ready to go out.

I've worked out a new packing method which is much better than previously.

First I screw together the case, weight, and plate, then wrap that in brown wrapping paper, then that in a layer of bubble wrap.  That is then placed in the box with 1" foam on the top and bottom, and 3/4" foam for the side walls.  The PCB will be sandwiched between two pieces of foam.  I'll post pictures of the process once I receive the foam (which should be tomorrow or monday).

thanks for the update 27, can't wait to see pictures on your new packaging.

Offline Funtast

« Reply #777 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 17:22:48 »

Thanks for the updates!
27, can you check for external body / plate / PCB defects before sending? :thumb:

Offline Tally810

« Reply #778 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 17:28:15 »
I wasn't asking for a replacement for free and I said it was probably my fault plugging in the usb and not stopping.  I soldered the diodes that were knocked off in shipping.  My board has scratches and dings and bad anode spots but all I'm asking is to BUY a new pcb.  I don't feel like I'm asking for a lot here seeing that I accepted the board and didn't make a fuss about it since others had it worse than me and I feel they deserve something first. Quadcube did message me and he seemed like he might be able to help me out which is greatly appreciated.  Plus 2 regular members have gone out of their way to try to accommodate me and they are awesome.  All I want is to BUY a new pcb. https://imgur.com/a/4d2rb

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #779 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 17:40:44 »
I wasn't asking for a replacement for free and I said it was probably my fault plugging in the usb and not stopping.  I soldered the diodes that were knocked off in shipping.  My board has scratches and dings and bad anode spots but all I'm asking is to BUY a new pcb.  I don't feel like I'm asking for a lot here seeing that I accepted the board and didn't make a fuss about it since others had it worse than me and I feel they deserve something first. Quadcube did message me and he seemed like he might be able to help me out which is greatly appreciated.  Plus 2 regular members have gone out of their way to try to accommodate me and they are awesome.  All I want is to BUY a new pcb. https://imgur.com/a/4d2rb

Sorry tally, the PCB comment isn't directed at you, don't worry.  I'll let you know about the new pcb soon in pms.

Offline Tally810

« Reply #780 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 17:47:12 »

Sorry tally, the PCB comment isn't directed at you, don't worry.  I'll let you know about the new pcb soon in pms.
Thanks dude sorry for the frustration.

Offline daviswalkers

• HHKB Amature 2
    • Graphic Design Portfolio
« Reply #781 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 10:01:27 »
Been wanting to do this to a keyboard for awhile but had trouble getting the parts, now with this GB up I finally see the opportunity to, but was curious if anyone knew if it would work with this PCB?

I didn't see it in the list:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K1qt70E2mcuaHBXYrpPHXlpl7FNaXLo0u_TOe67cVdY/pubhtml?gid=986897710&single=true

I assumed it would be made by yuktsi since it's "TGR" but when googling the only thing I found was some post saying it's made by GON, and then the mapper is winkeyless so I'm not sure who would be best to contact and find out if it would work.

Thanks for any help!

Compact-SQ |          VE.A
 65g Zealios    |      78g Zealios

Offline boo

« Reply #782 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 13:26:26 »
27, should I Pm you regarding the external finish of the board? Edges not machined well, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #783 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 14:14:33 »
27, should I Pm you regarding the external finish of the board? Edges not machined well, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yupp pm me with pictures.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #784 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 14:25:04 »

did someone else more than me have issues with their pcb?

Offline Tally810

« Reply #785 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 14:26:39 »

did someone else more than me have issues with their pcb?
I did with the usb port.  When I plugged in my cable one of the wires inside the female usb bent up and broke.  Before that it was working fine.

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #786 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 14:19:44 »
NEW PACKING

I'll be answering pms and addressing replacements tomorrow afternoon.

Offline repuls0r

« Reply #787 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 14:36:24 »
Woot!  Looks like a nice secure package.
Matrix 8XV1.0  |  FMJ 80  |  SKOG  |  TGR Jane CE  |  Orion V2  |  Mech27  |  LZCP  |  TXCP  |  CPSQ  |  TX1800

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #788 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 14:37:24 »
Woot!  Looks like a nice secure package.

Just happened that yours was on top of the pile  :thumb:

Offline joey

« Reply #789 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 15:38:44 »
Looking to swll my spot. Silver top/bottom with silver plate and extra cyan plate (some minor damage, can be replaced or fixed)

PM if you're interested! Really want to sell my spot before it's shipped to the UK.

Might even consider selling a bit under the original price. ~$50 discount.
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 March 2017, 19:08:26 by joey »

Offline Funtast

« Reply #790 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 16:39:51 »
NEW PACKING
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Packaging has become better!
27, can we be sure that all the boards from the factory are in perfect condition, without any serious defects?

And also - what about the screws?
Do we get a full set of screws?
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 March 2017, 16:44:02 by Funtast »

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #791 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 16:44:17 »
NEW PACKING
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Packaging has become better!

27, can we be sure that all the boards from the factory are in perfect condition, without any serious defects?

There should not be any major defects on the boards and I have checked each one I have packed.

and yes the boards are completely screwed together so you get every screw you need.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #792 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 17:48:38 »
There should not be any major defects on the boards and I have checked each one I have packed.

So you're shipping keyboards with minor defects? Or no defects at all?

Offline Gajible

« Reply #793 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 18:00:51 »

Yes.

Offline jacobsmirror

« Reply #794 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 18:18:06 »

Please don't be foolish, especially if you didn't even buy a board yourself. At least he's shipping something.

Offline Aperture_Sci

• ZZ96 / 65g Zealios / GMK Sky Dolch
« Reply #795 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 12:53:01 »
Hey 27,

Just wanted to reach out and say I'm excited to eventually get mine and thank you so much for doing the extra packaging. I know it's tough running these and we're right towards the end, however, you've been transparent and worked with everyone I've seen so far. Valiant effort on your part my dude. Can't wait to get mine.

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #796 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 12:11:38 »
In the interest of transparency and with the encouragement of some of the slack people, I wanted to let you guys know what happened with my mech 27 kit.

If you recall feb 28, i made a stink about poor packaging (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=84703.msg2373068#msg2373068) and was thoroughly guaranteed that my kit would arrive undamaged. Boards had already shown up damaged and i was worried, I was also called "armchair critic" and many people took offence to me speaking out. Shortly after that, on the same night 27 went directly on the keychatter slack and started talking **** whal i was in the same chatroom as him about me, talking about not wanting to ship me the keyboard. This obviously tilted me to the point where i was trying to get a refund/sell my spot so i didnt have to deal with the immaturity associated with devin. The next day i talked to Devin on slack and we both apologized and I told him i would take the kit if it was shipped correctly (http://i.imgur.com/aGGG7Op.png) one week later this arrives:

http://imgur.com/a/Q43fN

TONS of manufacturing defects, poor handling and GUESS WHAT? a giant ding from poor packaging. The ding is so big that i can literally not assemble the keyboard, it is now completely worthless resale wise and i cant even assemble it! At this point i have shared the above album with devin and gave him 48 hours to respond. Nothing, no response, so I was forced to file a claim with paypal that was then escalated for immediate action by PP. What do I get in return? An offer for partial refund of $85 (http://i.imgur.com/vf0UMH3.png). This is a slap in the face, an $85 refund on a $340 keyboard that is now useless. So I decline his offer and ask for a full refund, with PP backing me. My full refund is granted as long as I ship the kit back to him in canada.

$53 is what it cost to send it back to him.

I am now out of $53 and 6 months wait time (assuming i get my refund when the package arrives). All of this seems like some type of cruel joke and Im feeling pretty defeated about the entire situation.

For the rest of you waiting on your boards, use extreme caution when accepting the package, I would recommend opening and inspecting before you sign for it.

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #797 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 12:45:34 »
I skipped this because of those diffuser.

what a good time to be underglow hater...

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #798 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 12:51:08 »
In the interest of transparency and with the encouragement of some of the slack people, I wanted to let you guys know what happened with my mech 27 kit.

If you recall feb 28, i made a stink about poor packaging (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=84703.msg2373068#msg2373068) and was thoroughly guaranteed that my kit would arrive undamaged. Boards had already shown up damaged and i was worried, I was also called "armchair critic" and many people took offence to me speaking out. Shortly after that, on the same night 27 went directly on the keychatter slack and started talking **** whal i was in the same chatroom as him about me, talking about not wanting to ship me the keyboard. This obviously tilted me to the point where i was trying to get a refund/sell my spot so i didnt have to deal with the immaturity associated with devin. The next day i talked to Devin on slack and we both apologized and I told him i would take the kit if it was shipped correctly (http://i.imgur.com/aGGG7Op.png) one week later this arrives:

http://imgur.com/a/Q43fN

TONS of manufacturing defects, poor handling and GUESS WHAT? a giant ding from poor packaging. The ding is so big that i can literally not assemble the keyboard, it is now completely worthless resale wise and i cant even assemble it! At this point i have shared the above album with devin and gave him 48 hours to respond. Nothing, no response, so I was forced to file a claim with paypal that was then escalated for immediate action by PP. What do I get in return? An offer for partial refund of $85 (http://i.imgur.com/vf0UMH3.png). This is a slap in the face, an $85 refund on a $340 keyboard that is now useless. So I decline his offer and ask for a full refund, with PP backing me. My full refund is granted as long as I ship the kit back to him in canada.

$53 is what it cost to send it back to him.

I am now out of $53 and 6 months wait time (assuming i get my refund when the package arrives). All of this seems like some type of cruel joke and Im feeling pretty defeated about the entire situation.

For the rest of you waiting on your boards, use extreme caution when accepting the package, I would recommend opening and inspecting before you sign for it.

Holy ****, that's awful man. Sorry to hear you had to deal with that, sounds like some piss-poor packaging and customer service.

Offline HappyCatFish

« Reply #799 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 13:13:32 »
I had a similar partial refund offer. I think the fact that your kit isn't even able to be assembled is a pretty serious 'full refund' indicator.

All interpersonal disagreements aside, I think that the key to all of this is that this board is not competitively priced enough to not be compared to other custom makers like Duck, LifeZone, OTD, KMAC, etc. and other enthusiasts even have complaints with Duck boards (anodizing, machining, etc.)

I feel like this is the point of no return for me on this buy. After seeing the first few boards arrive damaged, mine arrive damaged and with multiple 'manufacturing defects', all shipping halted in order to sort out issues, and finally more boards arriving damaged and in worse condition than mine I am ready to call it a failed buy. In my opinion, experiencing issues is acceptable, failing to find a reasonable solution (even at the expenditure of time and money) is unacceptable. I have participated in buys that require additional funding to stay afloat, I have participated in buys that have been delayed for very long periods of time, but I have never participated in a buy with this level of unprofessional-ism and poor QC.

In regards to any future GBs and custom kits designed and distributed by 27, I would highly recommend rethinking the purchase and sticking to trusted makers within the community. Normally I am all for supporting new makers, which is why I backed this project. Do not take the issues listed in this thread lightly, unless you are ok with receiving a similarly piss-poor product.