Author Topic: [GB] Mech27-TKL v1 Canadian Custom | 100% Shipped | CLOSED AND FINISHED  (Read 205148 times)

Offline itskuroi

Re: [GB] Mech27-TKL v1 Canadian Custom | Closed/Sorting
« Reply #850 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 20:25:18 »
Just finished my board, arrived in great condition. Bless the new packaging. Had one minor scratch in the upper right that's only visible in the sun.

The plate was the biggest pain in the ass however. Im pretty sure my thumb developed new callouses pushing the switches in. Soldering was somewhat scary too as the resistors were so close to the switch pins.

Overall it's great. First time programming a board and it was really nice. I was afraid the PCB was not working, but after checking bootmapper, everything was bound to BAD, so after figuring out what was what after my initial panic attack, everything seems to be in working order!

Thanks again 27, I know it was a rough journey, but I appreciate everything!

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #851 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 21:18:01 »
No damage after new packing either ~ This cyan is something else. As mentioned, it is a touch lighter in person.

Superb product, I can't wait to get some time to build it --

It has been a rough road for your first GB, 27, but for someone handling everyone on their own--I gotta give you props. Thank you for all your efforts.  :thumb:

∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline Bucky

« Reply #852 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 18:27:17 »
Anyone know if this PCB would work with Holtite sockets like https://mehkee.com/products/holtite-sockets-for-switches? Haven't used them but they look interesting.

Offline daviswalkers

• HHKB Amature 2
    • Graphic Design Portfolio
« Reply #853 on: Fri, 31 March 2017, 13:38:47 »
Anyone know if this PCB would work with Holtite sockets like https://mehkee.com/products/holtite-sockets-for-switches? Haven't used them but they look interesting.

asked the same thing here, and on the holtite groupby I wasn't able to find an answer but bought the sockets anyway, it'll probably be awhile but I'll try to remember to update once I have both products in hand.

Compact-SQ |          VE.A
 65g Zealios    |      78g Zealios

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #854 on: Fri, 31 March 2017, 14:14:51 »
wasn't the whole shtick for holtites that they'd work with any PCB?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #855 on: Fri, 31 March 2017, 14:34:31 »

No— there's a spreadsheet somewhere with compatibility notes per PCB.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #856 on: Fri, 31 March 2017, 14:36:33 »

No— there's a spreadsheet somewhere with compatibility notes per PCB.

huh

guess i missed that one
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Kubiedo

« Reply #857 on: Sat, 01 April 2017, 10:16:42 »
Hey everyone, finishing up shipping.  Anyone who has a damaged or missing part please contact me asap.  A few users have contacted me through slack which means those messages have been lost.

I have been very quiet recently and that's been to decrease stress and concentrate on getting this done.

Again if you need a replacement part, pm me immediately.

I pm'd you previously but have not heard back.

My case looks like the attached thumbnails.

Offline Funtast

« Reply #858 on: Sat, 01 April 2017, 12:15:32 »
Are there those who have not yet been sent?
for what reason?

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #859 on: Sat, 01 April 2017, 12:38:26 »
Mine arrived and besides two very small blemishes on the back of the case, it looks great!
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #860 on: Sat, 01 April 2017, 14:09:06 »
Just got to open mine.  A few scratches around, and weird/uneven anno on the back.  I'll check more later after I eat
Hi :)

Offline Bucky

« Reply #861 on: Sat, 01 April 2017, 14:59:33 »
My tracking said it should have arrived yesterday, but hasn't had any updates since the 29th. Hope it is just bad tracking and makes it today

Offline quadcube

« Reply #862 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 10:42:31 »
Hmm, the PCB should be programmed with the keymapping. But do shoot me a PM if you need the keymap for the PCB

Just finished my board, arrived in great condition. Bless the new packaging. Had one minor scratch in the upper right that's only visible in the sun.

The plate was the biggest pain in the ass however. Im pretty sure my thumb developed new callouses pushing the switches in. Soldering was somewhat scary too as the resistors were so close to the switch pins.

Overall it's great. First time programming a board and it was really nice. I was afraid the PCB was not working, but after checking bootmapper, everything was bound to BAD, so after figuring out what was what after my initial panic attack, everything seems to be in working order!

Offline iNViSiBiLiTi

« Reply #863 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 14:22:42 »
Are there those who have not yet been sent?
for what reason?

27 ran out of packing foam last I talked to him.  He's getting more cut. 
60%: Prophet, GSKT-00 x2, Poly GSKT-00-Z, Weaven, Sangeo60, Unikorn R2.1, Ciel60

TKL: TGR Jane V2, Jane V2 CE, KFE, Noxary 280 S, Acrylic Unicorn, Igris V1, LZ-GHv2

Bulgogi Board (VA104M), Belle En Rose

Offline itskuroi

« Reply #864 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 14:50:50 »
Hmm, the PCB should be programmed with the keymapping. But do shoot me a PM if you need the keymap for the PCB

It's okay, I manually programmed every key, was not expecting the layout to be opposite of my other keyboard, so it was a weird trial and error.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #865 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 15:55:57 »
Edited out.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 April 2017, 10:56:57 by Mr_BeastQuake »

Offline Tally810

« Reply #866 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 15:59:37 »
I think 27 didn't allow additional PCB purchases though did allow additional plate purchases. However, out of curiosity, does anyone have a Mech27 plate and ideally a PCB counterpart that they would sell?
Hit up quad cube I think he has a couple extras.  Before I installed a new usb on mine he did

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Offline daviswalkers

• HHKB Amature 2
« Reply #867 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 21:24:22 »
Edit: resolved

So I think I may have done the initial set up of the board incorrectly this winkeyless site is super confusing for me, I have like 50 tabs open just trying to find the firmware (apparently I didn't scroll down far enough) I ended up loading some hex that apparently wasn't for the board when I did the "Firm Up (Select .hex File)" step and now the keyboard doesn't work at all, I finally found what I believe is the correct firmware however I can't upload it because the keyboard wont connect to the bootmapper anymore, I read holding control will fix this sometimes however since they board comes mapped "BAD" to every key I don't think holding control is doing anything as I've tried it quite a few times.

Any idea on how to manually install or uninstall firmware so I can start again from scratch and hopefully have a working PCB this time?
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 April 2017, 06:26:46 by daviswalkers »

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
« Reply #868 on: Mon, 03 April 2017, 09:10:15 »
I think 27 didn't allow additional PCB purchases though did allow additional plate purchases. However, out of curiosity, does anyone have a Mech27 plate and ideally a PCB counterpart that they would sell?
I have a black plate I'm not using.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline daviswalkers

• HHKB Amature 2
« Reply #869 on: Mon, 03 April 2017, 09:11:34 »
So I think I may have done the initial set up of the board incorrectly this winkeyless site is super confusing for me, I have like 50 tabs open just trying to find the firmware (apparently I didn't scroll down far enough) I ended up loading some hex that apparently wasn't for the board when I did the "Firm Up (Select .hex File)" step and now the keyboard doesn't work at all, I finally found what I believe is the correct firmware however I can't upload it because the keyboard wont connect to the bootmapper anymore, I read holding control will fix this sometimes however since they board comes mapped "BAD" to every key I don't think holding control is doing anything as I've tried it quite a few times.

Any idea on how to manually install or uninstall firmware so I can start again from scratch and hopefully have a working PCB this time?

I reached out to Yuktsi since I noticed it had their name on the PCB and they let me know that I needed to hold "Scroll lock" instead of "Ctrl" and sure enough it's up and running :D

Offline daviswalkers

• HHKB Amature 2
« Reply #870 on: Mon, 03 April 2017, 09:19:34 »
Here's a few crappy photos of the current finished product, may change the keycaps or add cmyw modifiers.  Only issue is one led doesn't work not sure why it's connected the same as the rest just never worked I'll mess with the resistor tonight.

Mech27-TKL
  • Cyan Top/Bottom Case
  • Pink Plate
  • Pink LEDs
  • GMK Cyan Keycaps
  • 70g Tactile Zealios
  • Zealencio Silencing Clips
  • Zeal Clear Stabilizers
  • Can't remember but I think it's a Nubbinator Storm Trooper Galaxy artisan

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: Mon, 03 April 2017, 09:29:38 by daviswalkers »

Offline Bucky

« Reply #871 on: Mon, 03 April 2017, 17:34:15 »
Board arrived, so far everything looks good, also got a purple Coz Cap which is awesome. Hopefully can get this built soon  :)

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #872 on: Mon, 03 April 2017, 17:56:10 »

I think if you hold down Q and plug it in it will let you reflash it or at least communicate with bootmapper.

Try that and see what happens

Offline quadcube

« Reply #873 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 04:45:34 »
I mapped "Scroll Lock" as the enter boot mapper mode key.

I think if you hold down Q and plug it in it will let you reflash it or at least communicate with bootmapper.

Offline daviswalkers

• HHKB Amature 2
« Reply #874 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 06:26:13 »
I mapped "Scroll Lock" as the enter boot mapper mode key.

I'll have to edit my original since I just quoted it but it was resolved! Thanks for your input

"I reached out to Yuktsi since I noticed it had their name on the PCB and they let me know that I needed to hold "Scroll lock" instead of "Ctrl" and sure enough it's up and running"

Offline wodan

« Reply #875 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 06:24:35 »
Picked my Mech27 keyboards up from customs today and did a live stream of the unboxing along with another shipment I got:

TL;DR:
Both Mech27 arrived in great condition and I have already closed the issues I raised with PayPal to extend my buyer protection for a few days.
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 April 2017, 06:43:40 by wodan »

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #876 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 06:42:04 »
If anyone has an extra PCB + Plate they're willing to sell, please pm me  :) Color doesn't matter.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #877 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 17:37:03 »
Picked my Mech27 keyboards up from customs today and did a live stream of the unboxing along with another shipment I got:

TL;DR:
Both Mech27 arrived in great condition and I have already closed the issues I raised with PayPal to extend my buyer protection for a few days.

I spy with my little eye some Blue Alps hiding in the corner  :p
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline Funtast

« Reply #878 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 18:39:39 »
Very envious of everyone who received the kit intact.
I did not receive anything - 27 only at the end of March informed me that delivery to Russia by plane is impossible, only on land, which increases the time and risks, but immediately offered a refund.

But, already 8 days there is no news on my return and there are no specific answers either.
The result - I waited six months, experienced with each new failure (first screws, then bad packaging), spent some money on the components for the board and did not get anything, even a refund.
I would not want to load anybody with my problems, but this GB left extremely negative emotions  :(

Offline wodan

« Reply #879 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 00:36:14 »

TL;DR:

I spy with my little eye some Blue Alps hiding in the corner  :p

It's Aruz switches :)
Got a Fame off ebay.de for a friend and he just wanted the caps so I took some Aruz switches for myself before selling the rest of the PCB to someone else

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #880 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 16:33:08 »
I did not receive anything - 27 only at the end of March informed me that delivery to Russia by plane is impossible, only on land, which increases the time and risks, but immediately offered a refund.

But, already 8 days there is no news on my return and there are no specific answers either.
The result - I waited six months, experienced with each new failure (first screws, then bad packaging), spent some money on the components for the board and did not get anything, even a refund.
I would not want to load anybody with my problems, but this GB left extremely negative emotions  :(

What? I thought all standard mail was mostly thrown into a plane these days.
Would be happy to forward it via Norway for you, if you wish.

Offline Funtast

« Reply #881 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 17:56:03 »

What? I thought all standard mail was mostly thrown into a plane these days.
Would be happy to forward it via Norway for you, if you wish.

Thanks for the response)
This is very nice, but I still plan to return the money, if of course, 27 will deign to answer me

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #882 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 12:16:04 »

Hey mate - I just received an unbuilt kit that I got secondhand and tested the switch and LED sockets.

They are actually a near perfect fit (only need slight pressure with a flat edge to get the PCB to sit in the socket's groove as opposed to heat) except for the switch leg hole that is closer to the center.

That one seems to be a bit loose -- it will not fall out if you shake the PCB or turn it upside down, but if you have a switch with fatter pins, the socket may pull out with the switch (but will stick to the switch leg).

This is not an issue for me so I am going to fully hot swap the entire board, but it may bother some.

Offline Patchwrks

« Reply #883 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 15:11:41 »
any news on the remaining boards or shipment times?
(´・ω・`)denko-chan~~~내 스레드

Offline Jemaunji

« Reply #884 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 19:24:40 »
any news on the remaining boards or shipment times?

I was coming here to ask this.

Offline Aperture_Sci

• ZZ96 / 65g Zealios / GMK Sky Dolch
« Reply #885 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 23:18:49 »
Hey 27,

I bought someone's spot so I never received shipping info when you marked it as shipped. Any way I could get the shipping info?

Offline laughatpain

« Reply #886 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 16:25:27 »
Pm'd about an address change but I never got a reply. Im glad packaging has been improved and sorted out, I'm just wondering when mine will ship.

Any updates would be appreciated!

Offline Patchwrks

« Reply #887 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 20:45:29 »
Pm'd about an address change but I never got a reply. Im glad packaging has been improved and sorted out, I'm just wondering when mine will ship.

Any updates would be appreciated!

basically this.  If it's not shipping soonish i'd rather just have a refund or sell my spot off.

Offline Funtast

« Reply #888 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 22:31:10 »
Calm down, guys!
For two weeks I have not received an explanation from 27 about my money back (the board delivery in Russia turned out to be problematic).
I wrote to the administration and in paypal - there is no answer, although the forum reads 27.
This leads me to extremely bad thoughts

Offline mathiasn

« Reply #889 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 01:25:52 »
Devin is delivering; he answers question every now and then.

I received my board(s) in good order just a week ago (Germany).

Offline laughatpain

« Reply #890 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 01:41:03 »
Devin is delivering; he answers question every now and then.

I received my board(s) in good order just a week ago (Germany).

I'm not really doubting him, I just want to know if my shipping address was changed. iirc, I paid for this board with paypal gift because I have faith in Devin. Sure the road's been bumpy, but at least everyone learned along the way

Offline Patchwrks

« Reply #891 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 13:23:23 »
Looking to sell my spot.

WKL black / black / gold plate.

paid 343.51, i'll eat the costs and just want 310 for it.

Offline maximm

« Reply #892 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 14:11:21 »
Thank you for the amazing board m27! Love it!

Offline Crossfire

« Reply #893 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 05:22:02 »
Hey folks,
Can somebody repost the project files of the board? The link from some pages back sadly doesn't work anymore.
I'm particulary interested in the acrylic difusor files...
Please and thank you very much!

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #894 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 06:07:05 »
Hey folks,
Can somebody repost the project files of the board? The link from some pages back sadly doesn't work anymore.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4gh42ylw2xur3ku/Mech27%20Files.zip?dl=0

Hosted on my personal dropbox. Deleting in a week so that I can save my bandwidth.

Offline Crossfire

« Reply #895 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 06:22:53 »
Hey folks,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4gh42ylw2xur3ku/Mech27%20Files.zip?dl=0

Hosted on my personal dropbox. Deleting in a week so that I can save my bandwidth.
Thanks man, appreciate it!

Offline Funtast

« Reply #896 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 18:02:10 »
Someone from those who have not yet received the boards, tell me, when did you last get in touch with the 27?

Offline Oatburner

« Reply #897 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 18:15:08 »
Someone from those who have not yet received the boards, tell me, when did you last get in touch with the 27?

I've received mine, but it has been 40 days since I was told he would look into replacing a damaged part of my case. I have send a couple of messages since then with no response.

I know it's an all-around bad situation, but some updates would be appreciated.

Offline laughatpain

« Reply #898 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 18:17:18 »
Only one attempt to PM him, but last words I've read were from his update. I could put more effort into contacting him through other means but I think all will be well with some time.

Offline Funtast

« Reply #899 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 19:12:38 »
Only one attempt to PM him, but last words I've read were from his update. I could put more effort into contacting him through other means but I think all will be well with some time.

I hope so.
A few days will be a month, as 27 promised to do me a refund