Author Topic: Hello! (Need help w/my search)  (Read 1392 times)

Offline RaenofGod

Hello! (Need help w/my search)
« on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 09:41:09 »
I'm looking to buy my first mechanical keyboard. I've got some actual boards I'm looking at and am having no problem picking one. The problem lies in the keycaps.

I have always LOVED chiclet keys, which is the only reason I've never swapped to mechanical. Recent developments has me doing just that.

I understand mechanical cannot have chiclet keys, but I'm trying to get as close to that FEEL as I can. So...ideally: flat-top, slightly rounded edges and recessed keycap mounts with transparent lettering (for backlighting) so they sit just a little bit lower.

Does anyone have ANY idea where/how I could obtain keycaps anything like this?

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
Re: Hello! (Need help w/my search)
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 09:42:27 »
G20 keys from PimpMyKeyboard / Signature Plastics.
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline RaenofGod

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 09:48:44 »
Thank you for the quick response!

I HAD been to that website, but I wasn't sure of what I was looking at, so for one, it's good to know the G20's were what I wanted. Although, they don't seem to have much of a selection and the couple they DO have are a bland gray... (ideally looking for black with transparent lettering).

Am I missing something? Can they make custom orders?

EDIT: I also found this - http://pimpmykeyboard.com/flat-keys/

But again, they come in bland colors and don't have ANY lettering, let alone transparent.
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 September 2016, 09:57:22 by RaenofGod »

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 10:25:21 »
Thank you for the quick response!

I HAD been to that website, but I wasn't sure of what I was looking at, so for one, it's good to know the G20's were what I wanted. Although, they don't seem to have much of a selection and the couple they DO have are a bland gray... (ideally looking for black with transparent lettering).

Am I missing something? Can they make custom orders?

EDIT: I also found this - http://pimpmykeyboard.com/flat-keys/

But again, they come in bland colors and don't have ANY lettering, let alone transparent.

You also have to buy them piece meal.
where as the g20 caps come in full keysets.

IDK about customized though.

Please dont do this to yourself though.
Use cherry profile like a civilized lad.