Author Topic: Hi from Grona  (Read 1751 times)

Offline Grona

Hi from Grona
« on: Thu, 29 September 2016, 00:40:50 »
Hello everyone!

I've been a long time lurker so I decided it's time to finally post. I've got into mechanical keyboards a couple of years ago with my Steelseries 6GV2 with black switches. Since then i've gotten a Ducky mini with blues and a Ficlo Majestouch ninja with browns, which is my daily driver currently. I'm currently thinking about getting a Topre keyboard at some point, either a FC660c or a HHKb.

Cheers.

Offline Altis

Re: Hi from Grona
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 14:17:04 »
Welcome Grona!

Sounds like you've got a good start on the MX switches. Are the browns your favorites?

Topre is definitely the way to go eventually.  :cool:
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 14:56:33 »
Welcome :)

Would recommend Topper :thumb:

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline Grona

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 22:12:34 »
Welcome Grona!

Sounds like you've got a good start on the MX switches. Are the browns your favorites?

I've only been on browns for about a week not, but i'm really liking it compared to my other keyboards.

I can't want to get a Topre. I'm torn between getting a HHKB pro2 or a fc660c. What kind of Topre do you have?

Offline Altis

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 11:08:46 »
Welcome Grona!

I've only been on browns for about a week not, but i'm really liking it compared to my other keyboards.

I can't want to get a Topre. I'm torn between getting a HHKB pro2 or a fc660c. What kind of Topre do you have?

I have HHKB (45g) and both 45g and 55g Realforce 87U.

I don't have the FC660C but I also want one.  :-X My wallet is all like, "y tho"
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline Grona

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 11:55:32 »
Welcome Grona!

I don't have the FC660C but I also want one.  :-X My wallet is all like, "y tho"

I feel that, that's how my wallet feels about me starting to buy artisan caps D:.

How do you like your realforce? I was also considering getting one of those.

Offline Altis

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 13:49:56 »
Welcome Grona!

I feel that, that's how my wallet feels about me starting to buy artisan caps D:.

How do you like your realforce? I was also considering getting one of those.

Of all the keyboards I have, I'd actually say that my Realforce 87U 45g is the one I'd keep if I could only keep one. There's a lot to like about it and very little compromise. The 45g of the 87U is said to be a touch lighter than the 45g in either the HHKB or the FC660C (particularly the new ones), but that's not such a bad thing during prolonged usage. Most people around here prefer the 55g but I find that I either fatigue of it more quickly or end up missing keystrokes because I didn't press hard enough.

I'd put the HHKB at a close second. The sound is more loud and distinct, though, and the layout can be cumbersome for certain tasks... but the feel of it is quite nice. It's one of those things that you enjoy but it's hard to pinpoint precisely why.

I suspect if I had an FC660C, I'd like that a lot too. The layout meets them halfway and they seem to be well made. Might have to give it a try.

I started off with Cherry switches before trying Alps and Topre. In the end, I think Topre is my favorite overall so I recommend you pick up at least one. Just know the risk that it can potentially ruin most other switch types for you.  :thumb: