Author Topic: Finally made an account..couldn't be more excited!  (Read 1840 times)

Offline itbesandrodoe

Finally made an account..couldn't be more excited!
« on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 08:28:18 »
Long time lurker here, r/mechanicalkeyboards and r/mechmarket brought me here. Haven't used a site like this since I was like 12 so I am excited to get back into the swing of things.

I am a college student studying International Business as well as Entrepreneurship(dual major). I am both a PC/Mac guy as I have a desktop for gaming (mainly WoW, League, and some OSRS) as well as a 2016 MacBook for school work and random garage band work(as the resident frat boy DJ I find it way easier to pre-make a mix that flows so I can focus on other things during the party.. and I am lazy).

Keyboard Journey
My first mechanical was a Razer Black Widow Tournament(razer switch), then I found r/mechanicalkeyboards and I immediately bought a v60 mini(blues), after that I bought a HHKB (white with blanks), I ended up selling the HHKB to go back to my v60 because I could not get used to the blank keycaps and the layout, following that I bought a Pok3r(browns) sold the v60 and received a Model M during a giveaway for my father but the Model M was too big for his office setup so I bought him a Model M SSK. I have now very recently sold both the Pok3r and the Model M to buy another HHKB, this time Grey with Printed Keycaps. I believe that this HHKB will be my endgame board, so I am now on the lookout for Artisans or Modifier replacements.

I am excited to be apart of this new community!
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 October 2016, 10:49:52 by itbesandrodoe »

Offline Altis

Re: Finally made an account..couldn't be more excited!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 13:54:21 »
Welcome! That's pretty cool that your father uses a buckling spring TKL.

Have you received your new HHKB yet?
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline itbesandrodoe

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 14:31:04 »
The new HHKB gets delivered tomorrow!

Offline Altis

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 15:12:11 »
The new HHKB gets delivered tomorrow!

Always a glorious day!  :D
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline captaineleven

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 04 October 2016, 12:58:07 »
Welcome! And holy cow! You've gone through quite a bit of a journey to get to the HHKB but I'm glad you made it! And good luck with the rest of your hhkb endeavors!  :D
So fancy!

Offline itbesandrodoe

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 04 October 2016, 16:44:15 »
Welcome! And holy cow! You've gone through quite a bit of a journey to get to the HHKB but I'm glad you made it! And good luck with the rest of your hhkb endeavors!  :D

It starts today! I am looking to get some custom stuff for my board!

Offline captaineleven

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 05 October 2016, 07:19:39 »
Haha that's great. Post some pictures when you get a chance!
So fancy!

Offline itbesandrodoe

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 05 October 2016, 13:57:46 »
Haha that's great. Post some pictures when you get a chance!

here you go! sorry about the bad quality :( my phone wasn't having it with the current light in my room :(