Author Topic: [IC] GMK Hyperfuse Color Pack + Short Shift + Windowed Keys (updated renders)  (Read 38197 times)

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
Re: [IC] GMK Hyperfuse Color Pack + Short Shift + Windowed Keys
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 13:01:59 »
For some ISO love. You are free to ignore it, some others do not.

Show Image

That's a pretty board!
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #101 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 14:40:44 »
Two words: Pair programming.

I would love to change to ANSI, but then I would make mistakes all time sitting at a colleagues computers (and I would require at least two keyboards on my desk).

Then there's also the case of the missing key... US Intl doesn't really work with languages where accented letters are very common unfortunately...

Entirely valid. This was the sole intention I had when I brought up the whole ISO deal, I guess it could be categorized as common sense but I genuinely wonder what everyone's reasoning is behind sticking with ISO over ANSI and it's not really something I can just google, if it's not brought up within the community many will be in the dark.

I'm in constant need of accented letters too as I'm a translator and specialize in Portuguese, French and Finnish but even without a reprogrammable keyboard swapping Windows language is plenty enough - à á ã â, ô õ ó ò, é ê è ñ ç º ª, and the remaining myriad of necessary marks are all available through language swaps thankfully. I can definitely see why swapping between ANSI and ISO when you're having to sit at colleagues' computers often would be frustrating however.

Repeating that ISO users do not make up for minimum order quantities will not help to make our hobby more inclusive. It will just preserve the ANSI-only oriented status quo. Vocalizing group thinking on minorities is not brave; instead, it is popular within majorities. I use an ANSI layout featured with an ISO Enter, as a freedom statement, an small sign of individualism. I can use what the manufacturers have decided that does not worth making business wise, but that I can have on my own.

That was far from my intention, I didn't mean to regurgitate the same ole MOQ number issues ISO faces, it is a subject that genuinely interests me. I'm all for inclusion and though I find ISO to be clunky compared to ANSI I have absolutely nothing against it being featured in every single set as a separate kit, my only concern is that I can see why that is not the case and I feel for the people affected by the lack of interest in the international layout subset. Being vocal about it one way or another is probably not going to sway the status quo, the amount of ANSI users will most likely always far surpass ISO due to geographical and logistical obstacles - "fight the power" is all good and all but my statement was mostly about adapting as a minority (something I have a fairly vast amount of experience with) if at all possible when it is the best (or only) way to stay afloat.

PS: there goes that about not derailing the thread haha, hopefully a Hyperfuse ISO enter comes along eventually as it must suck having to mix n match with a single key when it comes to such a uniquely coloured set.

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #102 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 14:52:47 »
I for one would greatly appreciate having the ISO enter, seeing as Hyperfuse was one of the few sets I know of that included ISO-UK support out of the box. But at this late stage and seeing livingspeedbump's responses so far, I think that will be a pipedream for now  :(

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #103 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 15:23:49 »
Don't have Hyperfuse but I do have some purple shift keys on my FC660m. These should provide some nice additional details. :)
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline poolside

« Reply #104 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 17:24:18 »
This is a nice little add-on  :)

My 660M will be happy with that extra 2.25 shift.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #105 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 19:05:07 »

I would love to change to ANSI, but then I would make mistakes all time sitting at a colleagues computers (and I would require at least two keyboards on my desk).

Then there's also the case of the missing key... US Intl doesn't really work with languages where accented letters are very common unfortunately...

Entirely valid. This was the sole intention I had when I brought up the whole ISO deal, I guess it could be categorized as common sense but I genuinely wonder what everyone's reasoning is behind sticking with ISO over ANSI and it's not really something I can just google, if it's not brought up within the community many will be in the dark.

I'm in constant need of accented letters too as I'm a translator and specialize in Portuguese, French and Finnish but even without a reprogrammable keyboard swapping Windows language is plenty enough - à á ã â, ô õ ó ò, é ê è ñ ç º ª, and the remaining myriad of necessary marks are all available through language swaps thankfully. I can definitely see why swapping between ANSI and ISO when you're having to sit at colleagues' computers often would be frustrating however.

Repeating that ISO users do not make up for minimum order quantities will not help to make our hobby more inclusive. It will just preserve the ANSI-only oriented status quo. Vocalizing group thinking on minorities is not brave; instead, it is popular within majorities. I use an ANSI layout featured with an ISO Enter, as a freedom statement, an small sign of individualism. I can use what the manufacturers have decided that does not worth making business wise, but that I can have on my own.

That was far from my intention, I didn't mean to regurgitate the same ole MOQ number issues ISO faces, it is a subject that genuinely interests me. I'm all for inclusion and though I find ISO to be clunky compared to ANSI I have absolutely nothing against it being featured in every single set as a separate kit, my only concern is that I can see why that is not the case and I feel for the people affected by the lack of interest in the international layout subset. Being vocal about it one way or another is probably not going to sway the status quo, the amount of ANSI users will most likely always far surpass ISO due to geographical and logistical obstacles - "fight the power" is all good and all but my statement was mostly about adapting as a minority (something I have a fairly vast amount of experience with) if at all possible when it is the best (or only) way to stay afloat.

PS: there goes that about not derailing the thread haha, hopefully a Hyperfuse ISO enter comes along eventually as it must suck having to mix n match with a single key when it comes to such a uniquely coloured set.

Keep it in topic, just a last word on the ISO/ANSI Enters, I really love to have a big key for enter and ISO Enter has the perfect size, if this set includes it or not it well beyond us, maybe even beyond the OP, as it is more a business decision than something that he can defines. That is why I have decided to stick with classic OG Beige sets and I have enough ISO keys already, enough modifiers already. I use both 1.25 and 1.5 modifiers, I use the three main spacebar sizes and the two Enter keys, so no regrets.

Offline jackie321304

« Reply #106 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 00:31:33 »
Down for one  :thumb:

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #107 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 11:42:45 »

Keep it in topic, just a last word on the ISO/ANSI Enters, I really love to have a big key for enter and ISO Enter has the perfect size, if this set includes it or not it well beyond us, maybe even beyond the OP, as it is more a business decision than something that he can defines. That is why I have decided to stick with classic OG Beige sets and I have enough ISO keys already, enough modifiers already. I use both 1.25 and 1.5 modifiers, I use the three main spacebar sizes and the two Enter keys, so no regrets.

Yeah, I only have so much control here for sure trying to respect the vendor and original designer as well. I still think doing a GMK ISO Enter buy (perhaps paired with matching ESC keys as well?) would be something good to see. I'd join in just for the ESC keys  :thumb:

When designing kits these days it is really hard to include everything. There are SO many new layouts that have enough use you can't ignore (65%, 75%, 96 key layouts, etc, etc) along with the silly number of new 40%'s on the market. Often when a kit is designed, by the time it is bought and shipped there are already new layouts wanting caps to fit their boards, even thought their boards didn't exist when the original set was designed. Furthermore, in regards to GMK, including more compatibility sets often means less "fun" additions, like the colors in this pack, because pricing is always a worry when designing a kit or a set.

I am working on a few other GMK sets, with other users and myself, but in those we have opted to include ISO enter keys in same colors as ANSI enter keys. My personal philosophy when making decisions based on what to include really make favor keys that cover "standard" boards, with ISO being one of those. I just think when buying a keyboard with a funky layout (say MiniVan, or VE.A, whatever) that you should be well aware most custom sets won't fit your board perfectly, especially in regards to GMK.

But backkkk on topic, should have the new renders later and will throw those up. Past that this is right on track. When I know an estimated production date or selling date I'll update accordingly  :thumb:

<- My Collection (so far)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
Re: [IC] GMK Hyperfuse Color Pack + Short Shift + Windowed Keys (updated renders)
« Reply #108 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 15:05:27 »
updated OP image.  :thumb:

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #109 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 15:19:08 »

Yeah, I only have so much control here for sure trying to respect the vendor and original designer as well. I still think doing a GMK ISO Enter buy (perhaps paired with matching ESC keys as well?) would be something good to see. I'd join in just for the ESC keys  :thumb:

When designing kits these days it is really hard to include everything. There are SO many new layouts that have enough use you can't ignore (65%, 75%, 96 key layouts, etc, etc) along with the silly number of new 40%'s on the market. Often when a kit is designed, by the time it is bought and shipped there are already new layouts wanting caps to fit their boards, even thought their boards didn't exist when the original set was designed. Furthermore, in regards to GMK, including more compatibility sets often means less "fun" additions, like the colors in this pack, because pricing is always a worry when designing a kit or a set.

I am working on a few other GMK sets, with other users and myself, but in those we have opted to include ISO enter keys in same colors as ANSI enter keys. My personal philosophy when making decisions based on what to include really make favor keys that cover "standard" boards, with ISO being one of those. I just think when buying a keyboard with a funky layout (say MiniVan, or VE.A, whatever) that you should be well aware most custom sets won't fit your board perfectly, especially in regards to GMK.

But backkkk on topic, should have the new renders later and will throw those up. Past that this is right on track. When I know an estimated production date or selling date I'll update accordingly  :thumb:

I think this is a good idea, looking forward to seeing your future work. Since I am hopefully trading to get a set of Hyperfuse in the near future, I am interested in picking this set up. Any concrete plans on where this will be ran (OcO, Massdrop etc...) or will you be organising this yourself?

As for the ISO Enter pack, I think that's a really good idea, there's currently a German-specific GMK Dolch GB, and one of their offers is a colour kit, very simple, just ISO-enter, spacebar ans Esc in three different colours. I am picking up one of those sets even though I'm not in for the base kit of that GB. Maybe this would be an excellent idea to run with for your future work, having GMK Enter keys in several common GMK colours  :thumb:

Offline ctzn_voyager

Re: [IC] GMK Hyperfuse Color Pack + Short Shift + Windowed Keys (updated renders)
« Reply #110 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 15:47:07 »
I'd be all over this.

Offline Blackhawk

« Reply #111 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 15:57:01 »
Looking good. Hopefully I can find someone to split the cost with, as I'm only interested in the windowed keys.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #112 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 15:59:30 »
Looking good. Hopefully I can find someone to split the cost with, as I'm only interested in the windowed keys.

im sure you could do that or sell the rest without much trouble at all  :thumb:

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #113 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 15:27:01 »

I think this is a good idea, looking forward to seeing your future work. Since I am hopefully trading to get a set of Hyperfuse in the near future, I am interested in picking this set up. Any concrete plans on where this will be ran (OcO, Massdrop etc...) or will you be organising this yourself?

As for the ISO Enter pack, I think that's a really good idea, there's currently a German-specific GMK Dolch GB, and one of their offers is a colour kit, very simple, just ISO-enter, spacebar ans Esc in three different colours. I am picking up one of those sets even though I'm not in for the base kit of that GB. Maybe this would be an excellent idea to run with for your future work, having GMK Enter keys in several common GMK colours  :thumb:

Where is the German gb? Thanks

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #114 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 15:42:58 »
the 1u \| will obviously be white alpha color btw  :thumb:

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #115 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 15:45:55 »

Where is the German gb? Thanks

https://www.computerbase.de/forum/showthread.php?t=1601148

Only shipping to Germany, so you will have to find someone who is willing to proxy your order for you.

Offline braidn

« Reply #116 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 22:29:49 »
Totally down for a set. Psyched to have a proper top row on a MX HHKB.

Offline Rageous

« Reply #117 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 13:46:01 »
Totally in for this too. Nice complement to the set.  :thumb:

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #118 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 17:45:06 »
Interested. :thumb:

Offline breckstar

« Reply #119 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 06:11:22 »
Still in for this.

Offline MacGruber117

« Reply #120 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 08:55:44 »
I'm in!
I want to buy your ETF and Garbo Pusses. PM me

Offline inosint

« Reply #121 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 14:17:16 »
Hope this gets to happen

Offline FactoryDefaults

« Reply #122 on: Wed, 09 November 2016, 11:35:55 »
Looking good! Will definitely pick them up!

Offline ticktwo

• -kbdfan
« Reply #123 on: Sat, 12 November 2016, 18:39:30 »
looks good!
HHKB | Leopold FC750R | Mech27 (soon) | TX-75 (soon)

Offline daviswalkers

• HHKB Amature 2
    • Graphic Design Portfolio
« Reply #124 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 07:40:53 »
+1!

Compact-SQ |          VE.A
 65g Zealios    |      78g Zealios

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #125 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 10:59:30 »
Adding my +1 to this thread.  I was bummed when I got my caps and saw that the purple windows modifiers were only 1u caps.  Good to know I might get what I had originally envisioned! 

Offline crovax3000

« Reply #126 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 12:57:33 »
I'd buy a set mostly for the arrow keys.

Offline dfrib

« Reply #127 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 13:25:16 »
Interested.
2x Hypersphered Novatouch TKL, Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (Browns)

Offline jackie321304

« Reply #128 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 15:14:08 »
Any chance you will able to come out with the small spacebar kit? Like 2.25u and 2.75u blank spacebar for like add on pack. Thanks

Offline codedisorg

« Reply #129 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 20:48:00 »
Wish this had a 2u shift would mean I'd finally have a set I could put on my 11900.

Only set I've ever seen with 2u is the Ivan's odd mods for GMK Dolch.

Offline hoanglh94

« Reply #130 on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 03:52:20 »
count me in please :)

Offline KyleZhuang

« Reply #131 on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 23:22:13 »
When will this add-on be dropped?
REALFORCE 104 Pro-30

Offline damechman

« Reply #132 on: Mon, 21 November 2016, 10:34:13 »
Long time lurker who just ordered a Hyperfuse set - I'd be in!

Offline tfGecko

« Reply #133 on: Mon, 21 November 2016, 10:50:54 »
Would be interested, for sure. I think the Purple keys with Cyan legends look super Sharp and would likely include them with my Sky Dolch set.

Offline HighNoon

« Reply #134 on: Mon, 21 November 2016, 17:16:50 »
In for 1

Offline renzpwns

• I didn't like money in my wallet anyways.
« Reply #135 on: Mon, 21 November 2016, 20:33:22 »
I don't even have Hyperfuse (yet), though I'm most likely in for this kit.

Offline sony

• Formerly ultraidiot
« Reply #136 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 00:24:57 »
I wish there were bar F&J. I'll still probably grab a set though.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #137 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 04:43:46 »

yes, want the F & J bars pls
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #138 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 11:25:25 »
my preference is scoops, but i have no problem with bars being added in addition to the scoops

Offline KyleZhuang

« Reply #139 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 23:45:33 »
Just suggestion: How about a icon mod add-on?
REALFORCE 104 Pro-30

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #140 on: Thu, 24 November 2016, 00:49:10 »
if we're listing our wishes, i would like to see tilde on CC base with cyan legend

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #141 on: Thu, 24 November 2016, 02:51:31 »
my preference is scoops, but i have no problem with bars being added in addition to the scoops

I think the base set had SCOOPED F&J
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline potatobbq

« Reply #142 on: Thu, 24 November 2016, 04:41:20 »

yes, want the F & J bars pls

+1  :thumb:

Offline YH YOON

« Reply #143 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 09:35:40 »
IN :)

Offline MacGruber117

« Reply #144 on: Thu, 01 December 2016, 09:17:01 »
I want to buy your ETF and Garbo Pusses. PM me

Offline entr0py33

« Reply #145 on: Sat, 03 December 2016, 17:46:48 »
Definitely will be in for this.  Looking forward to more info about when this drops!  Thanks for your work on this! :thumb:

Edit: Would it make sense to include blanks in cyan/purple as well, or would that drive up costs too much?
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 December 2016, 17:50:17 by entr0py33 »

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #146 on: Sun, 04 December 2016, 14:32:48 »
Definitely down! Would love that windowed caps lock.
pls gief bbv2

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #147 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 01:23:41 »
Gimme pls
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #148 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 05:42:26 »
I'd buy a set in a heartbeat!

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
Re: [IC] GMK Hyperfuse Color Pack + Short Shift + Windowed Keys [GB LIVE]
« Reply #149 on: Thu, 08 December 2016, 10:51:26 »
https://www.originativeco.com/products/hyperfuse-accent-kit

The set is live!

I will be closing this thread shortly, sherry can open up a GB thread if needed under his page!