Author Topic: 3 vintage black boards $50 shipped  (Read 2246 times)

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
3 vintage black boards $50 shipped
« on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 22:21:17 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:47:17 by alienman82 »

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
Re: 3 vintage black boards $50 shipped
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 22:23:18 »
How do you know they are vintage blacks and not a mix?
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 22:23:48 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:47:15 by alienman82 »

Offline cribbit

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 22:54:43 »
I never understand ebay sellers who put starting bid and buy it now so close. Yes, the BIN price disappears as soon as bidding starts, but then why do both and not just one?
I typed this post on my Slanck. I also developed a stronger, cleaner, easier handwiring method.

Offline 1391406

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 23:58:41 »
I never understand ebay sellers who put starting bid and buy it now so close. Yes, the BIN price disappears as soon as bidding starts, but then why do both and not just one?

In the off chance that bidding exceeds the BIN price.
Unicomp Classic | Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blues) | IBM Model M (1391401) | IBM XT Model F | IBM AT Model F | Dell AT101W | 122-key IBM Model F
IBM Model M13 | Apple Extended Keyboard | Apple Extended Keyboard II | MTEK K104 | NTC KB-6251/2 | Realforce 87U | Realforce 104U | Type Heaven

Offline cribbit

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 00:45:39 »

But if bidding kills BIN. So either someone buys for BIN, which means they were among the first to see it and thought bidding likely would have gone higher, or someone bids on it, and it sells for below BIN. While bidding may end up higher than the original BIN, it would go however high whether or not BIN was originally set, while BIN immediately caps the price if someone finds it and wants it.
I typed this post on my Slanck. I also developed a stronger, cleaner, easier handwiring method.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 09:05:43 »

While bidding may end up higher than the original BIN, it would go however high whether or not BIN was originally set, while BIN immediately caps the price if someone finds it and wants it.

Personally, I will pay more for a "sure thing" than get involved in a bidding war. Most other people seem to be different.

From the seller's perspective, if he feels comfortable that the price is fair, Buy-It-Now gets him his money quicker.

The gray area is the "float" between starting price and BIN price. I usually use Fixed Price and occasionally auction, but never both.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 09:29:39 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:49:00 by alienman82 »

Offline 1391406

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 11:44:06 »

But if bidding kills BIN. So either someone buys for BIN, which means they were among the first to see it and thought bidding likely would have gone higher, or someone bids on it, and it sells for below BIN.

From a sellers perspective it's a win/win either way. If a buyer uses BIN, the seller gets an amount he's comfortable with immediately and the buyer gets the item immediately. Case closed. If a buyer places a bid for an item at somewhat below market value, the hope for sellers is that a bidding war will ensue. However, a seller will generally set the starting bid at a price he's equally comfortable with. That said, in the case of very rare items, a seller may set an extremely low starting bid knowing that buyers are going to fight over it.

As a seller, I'm not a big fan of auctions because I generally see other sellers getting screwed by them more often than not.

While bidding may end up higher than the original BIN, it would go however high whether or not BIN was originally set, while BIN immediately caps the price if someone finds it and wants it.

It could also go lower than the BIN price, in which case if there were no BIN option, the item would definitely sell for less than the BIN price which is why some sellers offer both.
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 November 2016, 11:56:11 by 1391406 »
Unicomp Classic | Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blues) | IBM Model M (1391401) | IBM XT Model F | IBM AT Model F | Dell AT101W | 122-key IBM Model F
IBM Model M13 | Apple Extended Keyboard | Apple Extended Keyboard II | MTEK K104 | NTC KB-6251/2 | Realforce 87U | Realforce 104U | Type Heaven

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 14:48:25 »
There are plenty of ways to juggle it.

If you realistically know what your item is likely to bring, you should just sell it at that price.

If the item may (or may not) be particularly desirable to one (or more) people, then set the starting bid at your comfortable selling price and add a sky-high Buy-It-Now. That way, if there is one person who desperately wants it, he will nab it at whatever you ask. Otherwise conventional bidding will proceed from what you consider to be an acceptable "floor" level and possibly still go quite high.

This is far more efficient and transparent than the idiotic "reserve" pricing.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015