Author Topic: [IC] M65 aka RAMABAE65 - Made with RAMA  (Read 121763 times)

Offline Brammm87

Re: [IC] M65 aka RAMABAE65 - Made with RAMA
« Reply #350 on: Sun, 18 December 2016, 14:20:36 »
Just worked on some M65-A logistics and working on the form.

Questions for those who want to join:

1. Do you want the option for an additional base piece? ($85.00 USD + shipping).
2. Do you want the option for additional plates + pcbs? ($70.00 for additional combo + shipping).

Also, I wanted to remind everyone that R2 is planned, but after R1 is fulfilled. Hydro blue is a R1 exclusive, and we will have a special color planned for R2 that will not be limited with any restriction. :). Hype!

Lastly, Rama and I are working on a special goodie that will be available in addition to the M65-A, but more TBA as we close in on the details.

1. Personally no.
2. See above.

As far as Type C: why not, as long as it works with the new MBP. Definitely looking to get into R1 for the Hydro blue.
pls gief bbv2

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #351 on: Sun, 18 December 2016, 15:21:33 »
1. Do you want the option for an additional base piece? ($85.00 USD + shipping).
2. Do you want the option for additional plates + pcbs? ($70.00 for additional combo + shipping).

1. nope
2. nope

Edit: Type-C anyone? pls. eh we shall see.

nope

Just my opinions :thumb:

Offline JDragon

« Reply #352 on: Sun, 18 December 2016, 15:55:29 »
Yes and yes for both questions.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #353 on: Sun, 18 December 2016, 17:08:20 »

Also, I wanted to remind everyone that R2 is planned, but after R1 is fulfilled. Hydro blue is a R1 exclusive, and we will have a special color planned for R2 that will not be limited with any restriction. :). Hype!

Lastly, Rama and I are working on a special goodie that will be available in addition to the M65-A, but more TBA as we close in on the details.

1. yeah. unsure if I'd actually end up buying both bases, but I'd love to have the option since I can't decide on it right now..
2. nah

Offline jal

• I can't believe it's not gravy!
« Reply #354 on: Sun, 18 December 2016, 22:05:09 »

For me, Yes to (2), no to (1).

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #355 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 10:56:35 »

1. No
2. No, if we can get extras in R2 with the upgrade.

Hype. I want to hear more about this special goodie and the R2 colour.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #356 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 10:58:08 »
I've read the responses, and have finalized everything.

The google doc has been made. We won't be offering additional PCB/Plates. But people are free to get the additional alu bottoms.

The GB launches on my birthday ;). I'll be 23! Woooo  :eek: :p :thumb: :)) ;D :D ;)
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #357 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 11:03:41 »
For all those who don't know, when is your birthday?

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #358 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 11:05:02 »
For all those who don't know, when is your birthday?

I don't think anyone in the community knows ;). But it's in January... :D

Edit: Nvm. Only 1 person knows.

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #359 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 11:13:11 »
Well I guess everyone will know now when you drop the GB then ;D

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
Re: [IC] JC65 - Made with RAMA
« Reply #360 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 12:41:36 »
fffffff that's so sexy!  :eek:

Except for those screws on the side....... was there really no where else to put them? It makes this $250 keyboard look like a b.face

I don't think the screws make it look any less than it is. The board has a bold aesthetic and takes many hints from retro, and industrial aesthetics :).

Going to have to disagree on this, but you know, to each his/her own.

I don't mean to take away from the board, it's friggin gorgeous.  And you're right, it really is just my opinion and the only criticism I have of the design. You and Rama have really outdone yourselves! But one of the things that appeals to me about higher-end custom boards is a finished, or "seamless" look.

Holding out for M67-A    :))

That will never happen, the M67 boards were privately commissioned.

Except for those screws on the side....... was there really no where else to put them? It makes this $250 keyboard look like a b.face

I don't think the screws make it look any less than it is. The board has a bold aesthetic and takes many hints from retro, and industrial aesthetics :).

I don't mean to take away from the board, it's friggin gorgeous.  And you're right, it really is just my opinion and the only criticism I have of the design. You and Rama have really outdone yourselves! But one of the things that appeals to me about higher-end custom boards is a finished, or "seamless" look.

M67a will be a private gb, so it wont be available to the public

Well ****.

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
Re: [IC] JC65 - Made with RAMA
« Reply #361 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 18:56:45 »

That will never happen, the M67 boards were privately commissioned.

M67a will be a private gb, so it wont be available to the public

Well ****.

Yeah, I tried to get in on it several months ago and even then I was too late, hahaha
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Topre Realforce 87U 55g | Corsair K70 w/ MX Browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline purrito

• mmm...spicy
« Reply #362 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 21:58:27 »

1. No
2. No

Yes to type C and screw in stabs. You're doing great work, jchan. Excited for this to drop!
GMK Carbon Zealios B.mini | Matias QC Let's Split | Overcast DSA Zealios Planck | DangerZone MX Red Pok3r

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #363 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 22:07:58 »

1. No
2. Yes

I want the goodies please! What is it going to be?

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #364 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 23:04:30 »

1. No
2. Yes

I want the goodies please! What is it going to be?

Will release details when we have it! It'll only be available for those who participate but I'm sure many will want it ;).

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #365 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 23:29:59 »
I want it to include a signed autograph of Jchan plz, so I can flip it on r/mm to pay for my rama65

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #366 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 01:16:51 »
Will release details when we have it! It'll only be available for those who participate but I'm sure many will want it ;).

How do you mean, only available for those who participate? (Is this just regarding the second base? Cause I definitely want in on the board, and maybe the second base too) ;P

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #367 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 03:55:04 »

How do you mean, only available for those who participate? (Is this just regarding the second base? Cause I definitely want in on the board, and maybe the second base too) ;P

What he means is probably its a paid-for extra, only for those who specifically requested it. As for what these things are, I'm also excited to find out!
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline Mavarina

« Reply #368 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 11:01:10 »
Super interested in this. Will get if possible

Offline Valaris

« Reply #369 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 14:56:46 »
So I plan on making this my first project and I'm curious, if I buy the one with the nylon base, what will I be missing? Switches, caps, and cable?

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #370 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 14:58:05 »
So I plan on making this my first project and I'm curious, if I buy the one with the nylon base, what will I be missing? Switches, caps, and cable?

Correct.

Offline Valaris

« Reply #371 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 15:01:58 »
Thanks! I look forward to this!

Offline FLOCKA

• New name: ghostdeini
« Reply #372 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 20:56:52 »
Really looking forward to this! I think this is going to be my end-game.

I had been initially put off by the large bezels just because it's so different than the prevailing trend nowadays, but I've completely fallen under its spell. Now to decide between Space Grey and Matte Black!

Offline zaerst

« Reply #373 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 22:08:54 »
Ditto. I'm leaning towards Matte black, I'm worried the space grey will be too light for me.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #374 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 22:20:15 »
are we able to get a alu base that's a different colour than the main housing?

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #375 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 01:20:10 »

Yes, that will be an option by default.

So here are the configurations

1) Top Color (5 color options + Hydro Blue if applicable)

2) Base Material (2 options)

3) Base Aluminum Color (5 color options + Hydro Blue if applicable)

There are a good chunk of options. All except the custom molded feet which will be forced on you.

Colors still being determined for the feet, but here's an idea:

Silver - Grey Feet
Matte Jet Black - Dark Grey Feet
Rose Gold - Pink Feet
Gold - Grey Feet
Space Grey - Dark Grey Feet
Hydro Blue - Grey Feet.

Offline Mavarina

« Reply #376 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 01:22:38 »

1.Yes
2. Not really nah

Offline Tally810

« Reply #377 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 01:40:20 »
New to this and been buying stuff off of the forums like crazy but haven't joined a board gb yet so this will be my first.  Please be gentle. 

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #378 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 01:44:01 »

There are a good chunk of options. All except the custom molded feet which will be forced on you.

Silver - Grey Feet
Rose Gold - Pink Feet
Gold - Grey Feet
Hydro Blue - Grey Feet.
awesome, thanks

I am curious about the feet now, looks like they won't be going under the same anodisation as the main housing?

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #379 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 01:47:31 »

Silver - Grey Feet
Rose Gold - Pink Feet
Gold - Grey Feet
Hydro Blue - Grey Feet.
awesome, thanks

I am curious about the feet now, looks like they won't be going under the same anodisation as the main housing?

They are custom molded rubber feet.

They are being shipped to us today, and we should have them early next week & then we'll throw up a photo of it.

But to properly answer your question: No, they aren't anodized.

Also, here are the pantones we're using for the feet:

Cool Gray 2C <-- Grey
Cool Gray 10C <-- Dark Grey
Pink TBD.

Render preview of feet

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #380 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 02:24:36 »

Silver - Grey Feet
Rose Gold - Pink Feet
Gold - Grey Feet
Hydro Blue - Grey Feet.
awesome, thanks

They are custom molded rubber feet.

They are being shipped to us today, and we should have them early next week & then we'll throw up a photo of it.

But to properly answer your question: No, they aren't anodized.

Also, here are the pantones we're using for the feet:

Cool Gray 2C <-- Grey
Cool Gray 10C <-- Dark Grey
Pink TBD.

Render preview of feet

Show Image

oooh rubber! I was thinking gon style feet, guess I didn't pay attention to the renders

Offline codedisorg

« Reply #381 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 09:48:52 »
What colors are the screws going to be? Same color as the top color?

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #382 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 09:53:03 »
What colors are the screws going to be? Same color as the top color?

good Q... would love some orange anodized screws in my space gray case ;)

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #383 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 09:59:59 »

Render preview of feet

Show Image

Whoah, that looks great.

Render preview of feet

Wait, wait, wait. WHAT?

Render

RIP GPU.. probably burned to death

Offline Valaris

« Reply #384 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 11:58:11 »
How does the lighting work for the nylon base? Do we have to solder some led's on the bottom of the pcb or what? sorry for the possibly stupid question.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #385 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 12:18:00 »
How does the lighting work for the nylon base? Do we have to solder some led's on the bottom of the pcb or what? sorry for the possibly stupid question.
Everything is presoldered.

Offline Valaris

« Reply #386 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 12:27:39 »

Cool thanks! Do you happen to know if that includes the led's on top for the keycaps? I know the switches won't be soldered on.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #387 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 12:35:46 »

Cool thanks! Do you happen to know if that includes the led's on top for the keycaps? I know the switches won't be soldered on.
Backlit switches like the Zeal60?

I didn't know this PCB had any..

Offline Valaris

« Reply #388 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 14:35:27 »

Show Image

That's what I thought originally. I'll need to solder on the top ones. Makes sense.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #389 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 15:59:44 »

Show Image

That's what I thought originally. I'll need to solder on the top ones. Makes sense.
I don't think there are even pads for those LEDs - you'll have to get jchans word on that.

Offline Valaris

« Reply #390 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 18:05:43 »

Show Image

I don't think there are even pads for those LEDs - you'll have to get jchans word on that.

Oh ok. Not that not led's on top is a big loss considering the lighting in that base.

Offline hervuli

« Reply #391 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 18:39:37 »

Show Image

Oh ok. Not that not led's on top is a big loss considering the lighting in that base.

Are you just talking about regular in-switch LEDs? In that case yes they are supported and yes you'd have to solder them yourself (since they're physically impossible to presolder if the switches are not already in place).
JD40v2 MX Grey | HHKB BKE Heavy | E6-V2 78g Tealios | ZealX60 72g MX Zilent | TGR 910 RE 78g MX Zilent | Singa Vintage MX Black | Octagon V2 MX Grey | Orion V2 MX Clear | Novatouch BKE Extreme

Offline Dominathan

• Too many keyboards? Not enough hands.
« Reply #392 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 18:46:53 »
Are you just talking about regular in-switch LEDs? In that case yes they are supported and yes you'd have to solder them yourself (since they're physically impossible to presolder if the switches are not already in place).

Unless we're talking backlit ones, like Zeal's

Offline fancymans

« Reply #393 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 19:24:53 »

Surface mounted LEDs?
Realforce 87U 55g 10th Silenced | HHKB Silenced | FC660C

Offline hervuli

« Reply #394 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 19:39:56 »

Right, which xondat just spent several posts saying are not supported on this PCB (I think that was clarified a while back either here or on reddit)
JD40v2 MX Grey | HHKB BKE Heavy | E6-V2 78g Tealios | ZealX60 72g MX Zilent | TGR 910 RE 78g MX Zilent | Singa Vintage MX Black | Octagon V2 MX Grey | Orion V2 MX Clear | Novatouch BKE Extreme

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #395 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 03:24:03 »
To clarify everything talked asked above this post:

This PCB is a custom ps2avrgb-based PCB using WKL's firmware + their proprietary RGB firmware.

The PCB is LED-backlight supported (regular single LED backlighting).

Zeal's uses his own fork of QMK to achieve individual per key RGB lighting.

Screws:
1. Stainless Steel Screws for Silver,Champagne, and Rose Gold Top Models
2. Black Screws for Matte Jet Black, Hydro Blue, and Space Grey.

Edit
If you're about "preference" for the screws, we will have the model numbers up for them, and you can purchase your own :). They're super cheap in the USA. I bought 100 for about $10.00 USD shipped UPS. Unfortunately, I won't be offering this custom option as SKUs -> Problems.
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 December 2016, 07:10:41 by jchan94 »

Offline Valaris

« Reply #396 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 06:45:41 »
Yeaaah sorry about that, I started some confusion it seems!

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #397 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 12:01:01 »
With the news of Hydro coming, please remember that anyone who has gotten a set, from spacebar -> base set at any period, is eligible for Hydro Blue.

Thanks for supporting Hydro and I'm pumped to get the set onto the M65-A <3.
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 December 2016, 12:02:38 by jchan94 »

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #398 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 12:17:49 »
With the news of Hydro coming, please remember that anyone who has gotten a set, from spacebar -> base set at any period, is eligible for Hydro Blue.

Thanks for supporting Hydro and I'm pumped to get the set onto the M65-A <3.

Congratulations on Hydro becoming a reality so soon! Here's hoping the M65 and XDA ship out around the same time, I think flat profile caps look so good one these kinda boards.

Offline pon10

• looking at my keycaps..
« Reply #399 on: Fri, 23 December 2016, 02:42:10 »
I am reading this tread correctly that ISO possibility have been added??  :eek: You are the man, Chan! Have a great Christmas everybody!
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 December 2016, 02:43:43 by pon10 »