Author Topic: Greetings from Denmark! I've got new keebs, and my wallet weeps.  (Read 1216 times)

Offline PVgummiand

Greetings from Denmark! I've got new keebs, and my wallet weeps.
« on: Mon, 21 November 2016, 16:53:49 »
Hi GeekHack!

For the past month or two I've been quite active over at /r/mechanicalkeyboards, so I thought I should introduce myself here too.

I've had mechanical keyboards for around four years now. My first was a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate with MX Blues, and apart from a few issues with some of the modifiers being a bit "sticky" (it's probably the crap software) I've actually been quite happy with it - my wife on the other hand wanted to kill me everytime I used it. Last year I bought a Roccat Ryos MK Pro with MX Blacks, and I was very happy with that board until the LEDs started dying one by one a few months back. I couldn't get it replaced so I got a refund instead.

The Blackwidow got dusted off until I could find a replacement. I looked at many keyboards, and I decided I wanted something smaller than a full size. The Ryos was a massive board and it couldn't fit anywhere on my desk comfortably. I ended up ordering a Varmilo VA87M with MX Greys (Tactile), but since that was a group buy of sorts (and I had it custom made too) it would take a while for it to get to me (I still haven't gotten it). So I ended up ordering a Pok3r with MX Clears, which I've been happily typing away on and experimenting with for the past three weeks now (I love layers!).

Now I'm ordering keycaps left and right. Granite icon colour mods. Fallout keycaps. Overcast Watchers. DSA blanks. XDA Milestone (for the VA87M). I've become quite poor in the past month, and I foresee that I will be in the future too as I want to get myself an 1800 layout or similar (Leopold FC980M probably or maybe a Red Scarf III) and a GH60 aswell once my wallet has recuperated a bit.

I plan on adding LEDs to the Pok3r at some point, and I want to put it in a wooden case too. But I'll stick with the fancy keycaps for now. Here's a little album of my poor Pok3r's journey for the past few weeks.

Anyway, once again hello from a Dane in a keyboard craze!

Offline Hypersphere

Re: Greetings from Denmark! I've got new keebs, and my wallet weeps.
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 22 November 2016, 14:59:29 »
Welcome to GH!

Many years ago, I spent a few highly enjoyable days in Denmark. I was very favorably impressed with the friendliness of the people.

My favorite features of keyboards:

Form factor: 60%, but I also use full-size and TKL.
Layout: HHKB.
Switches: Topre 45g, IBM Model F, Alps SKCM blue or white.
Keycaps: Dye-sublimated PBT.

Enjoy your interactions in this forum!

Offline Findecanor

Re: Greetings from Denmark! I've got new keebs, and my wallet weeps.
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 22 November 2016, 16:29:25 »
Rap, rap!
🍉