Author Topic: Model M 1389260 (orig. style 122-key terminal), $50 (OBO) shipped [SOLD]  (Read 3212 times)

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
"Vintage IBM Terminal Computer Keyboard Clicky Model M 1389260 08AUG86"

$50 or Make Offer; free U.S. shipping

The "." cap is missing; otherwise it looks like it's in fine shape, ready to be cleaned up. (The other legendless keys have blank caps by design.)

It's getting harder to find these original-style 138*-series 122's with the two-stage risers, and this is a great deal, considering it'll cost the seller at least $20 to ship it. (I have one, or I'd buy it myself!)
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 December 2016, 15:14:51 by ander »
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline ekeppel

Re: Model M 1389260 (orig. style 122-key terminal), $50 (OBO) shipped
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 09 December 2016, 18:42:43 »
Nice find.  It does look like the keyboards he is selling are in very good shape.

As a side note, the same seller also had listed an F122 for $65 shipped this morning, and I'll give you a guess who bought that one right away.    ;D

Edit: Just in case anyone is interested in another M122, the seller has two of them.  Here's the link for the second one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-IBM-Terminal-Computer-Keyboard-Clicky-Model-M-1390702-10DEC87-/371810181296
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 December 2016, 19:14:55 by ekeppel »

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 09 December 2016, 22:02:43 »
As a side note, the same seller also had listed an F122 for $65 shipped this morning, and I'll give you a guess who bought that one right away.    ;D

$65 shipped—way to go! That's easily half what you'd normally pay. An F for the price of an M, you can't complain about that.

Edit: Just in case anyone is interested in another M122, the seller has two of them.  Here's the link for the second one...

I love these M-122s. They're undervalued because they're not directly PC-compatible. But with a $5 Teensy and a bit of patience, you've got a genuine IBM buckling-spring board that's even more solid and stable than a standard M—and a bunch of extra keys to boot!

And of course you get to enjoy the look on your friends's faces when they see the "mad scientist" KB you're using.  :?)
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 10:22:16 »

I love these M-122s. They're undervalued because they're not directly PC-compatible. But with a $5 Teensy and a bit of patience, you've got a genuine IBM buckling-spring board that's even more solid and stable than a standard M—and a bunch of extra keys to boot!

And of course you get to enjoy the look on your friends's faces when they see the "mad scientist" KB you're using.  :?)

Of course you can have them converted to ANSI and have a Colossus controller!!
I think I need to create a new calendar!

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 23 December 2016, 17:06:58 »
Nice, Snow—buh ha ha!! The yellow underlay looks especially cool. Now all you have to do is build in a couple of ground-shaking speakers and you're ready to go. [Inside joke]

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 23 December 2016, 18:32:28 »
Nice, Snow—buh ha ha!! The yellow underlay looks especially cool. Now all you have to do is build in a couple of ground-shaking speakers and you're ready to go. [Inside joke]

The [inside joke] are [inside joke] made.