Author Topic: [IC] SA LeMans [Updated]  (Read 3140 times)

Offline OCloudNine

[IC] SA LeMans [Updated]
« on: Sat, 10 December 2016, 23:51:35 »
What's up! I got an idea to make a key set based on one of my favorite activities, racing.
I decided to base this key set on some of the vintage Le Mans posters from back in the day.

Here are the second concepts of the set and as well as it's novitiates. I changed up some most of the keys names to racing terms and slang within F1 racing and also changed up the novitiates.

I would love any feedback you guys and girls might have on ways I can improve this set.  (Please let me know what type of novitiates would guys would like to see on this set)

This is what it looks like with the novitiates.

Thanks - Cloud
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 December 2016, 15:08:12 by OCloudNine »

Offline sony

• Formerly ultraidiot
Re: [IC] SA LeMans
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 11 December 2016, 01:26:33 »
Reminds me of speed racer. I like it.  I'm not a huge fan of the mods. The tiny icons feel out of place for me. Could but some car related text there like godspeed perhaps.

Offline JDragon

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 11 December 2016, 02:31:23 »
I get a Speed Racer vibe from this set also. It looks good! Some Speed Racer novelties would go great with it imo.

Offline OCloudNine

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 11 December 2016, 10:19:45 »
Reminds me of speed racer. I like it.  I'm not a huge fan of the mods. The tiny icons feel out of place for me. Could but some car related text there like godspeed perhaps.

Yea definitely man, will sketch up an idea later on today.

Offline greenteei89

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 11 December 2016, 10:40:43 »
Definitely like the look of the color way. Novelties and mods could be improved I think though. A car, turbo charger, lights novelty would look really cool. And having mods that say Rev, Turbo, NOS, and something else would be awesome.

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 11 December 2016, 11:30:08 »
I like the icon mods. They need their size increased in the image though. I'd also suggest mods for ctrl and alt...
A steering wheel for ctrl (the unicode standard 2388 is a helm ⎈ so not far off from a steering wheel)
A gear shift for alt.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. :)

Offline PriusProblems

• No ISO, no interest.
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 10:58:43 »
Definitely like the look of the color way. Novelties and mods could be improved I think though. A car, turbo charger, lights novelty would look really cool. And having mods that say Rev, Turbo, NOS, and something else would be awesome.

An ESP key (instead of Esc) would be fantastic!

Offline OCloudNine

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 12:55:59 »
Yea i'm working on that kind of feel now, keys are going to be renamed to racing terms, such as UpShift,DownShift,Brake, etc and making some new emblems for some of the keys

Offline Zammux

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 13:11:06 »
I really like the colorway and theme! Too bad SA is so far backed up this wouldn't be seen for some time. If you decide to go forward with it, I'd be interested.

Offline Damonskv

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 14:01:38 »
As I understand it the original idea was to do 87 caps kit? Very fresh. You can achieve a very decent price, and thereby satisfy 80% of keyboard enthusiasts. Keep it up.

Offline brizzzle

• ipee9932cd
Re: [IC] SA LeMans [Updated]
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 02:33:35 »
Very cool. Big fan of racing, F1, MotoGP, Rally etc. - I think for novelties you could use DRS, KERS, BOX, IGN, basically all the buttons on the steering wheel.