Author Topic: IBM Terminal Keyboard converter for Model M 1391403 (German) keyboard  (Read 2207 times)

Offline itisnt

Hi Guys,
I try to get my new IBM Model M 1391403 (German) keyboard up and running with the tmk_converter code, but this drives me to the borders of madness...

156235-0

With the converter code from soarer, most of the keys are working fine, but i don't want to use the code (no more development and no source code).
If found a lot of threads with fragments around the Model M keyboard, but all most all of them for the US version. And i'm not able to figure out, how the code is working together and where to start to modify it.
I'v compiled the Terminal USB converter for a Teensy++ 2.0 with PD1 and PD0 configured for PS2_USE_BUSYWAIT. Upload works fine and a lot of keys are really working  ;D
What is not working for example is the key with "< > |" on it. hid_listen tells me "r61 \n rF0 r61". All the keys with the german umlaute are working on Windows but not on unix, so i think i have here a OS problem. And some keys are producing valid characters, but not the ones printed on.

So my basic question is, is it realistic to bring my keyboard in a state where most of the key produces what they should ?
And if yes, in which file(s) do i have to change code ?
Or is somebody out there, who did that already ?

Any help is very much appreciated !!

Regards,
Daniel