Author Topic: ErgoDox - not recognised as USB device after loading firmware.  (Read 1183 times)

Offline cygnusx1_

ErgoDox - not recognised as USB device after loading firmware.
« on: Tue, 24 January 2017, 19:43:57 »
I can't quite seem to get my ErgoDox workling.

Everything is soldered well, orientation of diodes is correct, and TRRS connection between halves is fine. Checking through with a multimeter seems to also be OK; there is a connection between the pins of the Teensy and the data +/- of the usb, so I imagine some communication is possible.

I am using PCBs from FalbaTech. I have used the Massdrop configurator to generate my hex file and uploaded it successfully to the Teensy.

When checking for USB devices under lsusb (Ubuntu 16.10), I can see the Teensy if it is in the bootloader, but not after uploading the firmware.

I've tried reflowing solder joints and reuploading firmware a bunch and I have yet to see my Ergo work. It's getting a bit frustrating and I was hoping for some help from the community.

Thanks!

EDIT: I think I may have found the problem. I have 2.2 Ohm resistor (red-red-gold-gold) instead of 2.2kOhm resistors. That maaaay be the culprit, haha.

EDIT 2: Yup, that was the problem. Double check your components, folks.
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 January 2017, 12:31:54 by cygnusx1_ »