Author Topic: Absolute cheapest green or orange HHKB (Topre) blanks that can be bought  (Read 2028 times)

Offline happylacquer

• BS Apologist
    • BHOBuds
Don't care if printed or not, but would prefer the lime green or orange blank style. Where is the cheapest place to get some? Is the best choice asking in the classifieds? I don't even care if they came off somebody's Type Heaven honestly. ABS is fine with me  :eek:
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 January 2017, 01:22:04 by happylacquer »

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
Re: Absolute cheapest Topre caps that can be bought
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 22:28:18 »
He said "cheapest topre caps" hue to the hue.

Offline widdlekitty

Re: Absolute cheapest green or orange HHKB (Topre) blanks that can be bought
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 10:30:54 »
You're looking for a full set? You can try searching for Realforce keysets in those colors. They might be hard to find or expensive.

Alternatively, you could look into getting a set dyed. I see the service offered occasionally, but I've never had it done so I can recommend anyone in particular.

Offline keytohopiness

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 11:38:24 »
Cheap and Topre don't go together.

Offline widdlekitty

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 12:34:11 »
Oh, just a side note regarding the RealForce caps; they might not completely cover the HHKB layout.

Offline Almost

• Zs Xe
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 14:57:27 »
crj3012 over on reddit (probably GH too) does custom dyed keycaps for Topre. They're not exactly cheap, but to save money you could buy a white set from EK and send them over. I bet there's other people willing to dye them too

Or you could dye them yourself, seems like a lot of trial and error though.
Kbds: KOBO Red Carbon - Filco MJT2 Beige - Topre U23 - Cherry 3700 - Model F XT 5155
Sets: Dolch R1 - Red Alert - Hyperfuse R1 - Cherry WoB - Plum

Offline happylacquer

• BS Apologist
    • BHOBuds
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 00:21:45 »
Thanks to the guys who helped. I found ~60 shipped on eBay for the black lettered set. However, now I'm thinking of just getting a handful of colored blanks and putting those on the few keys I want to make stand out from the rest. Could get away with 4 or 6 and then I might get the official 4 button red/blue alternate cap set for the hell of it.

I saw the eBay seller that does HHKB/topre caps and sells them individually or in 2's or 4's, anywhere cheaper/better than that eBay guy to look?

Lastly I may be cheap but I am willing to pay to have someone else dye the caps for me  ;D

Thanks all