Author Topic: [ENDED] Affirmative (Unicomp) 122-key Model M, $35 shipped  (Read 3217 times)

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
[ENDED] Affirmative (Unicomp) 122-key Model M, $35 shipped
« on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 22:01:22 »
One of our esteemed GH colleagues (I won't mention his handle, as I don't know if he'd want me to) is selling one of these nice Affirmative-branded (Unicomp-made) 122-key PS/2 terminal board:

Unicomp Model M 122 Key Mechanical Keyboard

It was made 10 years ago, when Unicomp still cared about print quality.  ;?)

The listing says the keys are "a bit yellowed", but I think he may be imagining that; I've never seen Unicomp's PBT keys change color (and these are gray to start with).

$35 + free shipping. You can't beat that price for a real buckling-spring board in good shape. I'd buy it myself, but I've got one.

Affirmative still OEMs these, BTW, and charges $140 for them.
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 February 2017, 00:52:32 by ander »
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
Re: Affirmative (Unicomp) 122-key Model M, $35 shipped
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 23:35:28 »
Yup, this is my listing.  :D

If anyone on here wants it, PM me and I can take 10% off the price since that's how much eBay would take from me in fees.

The picture doesn't really show it, but the caps do look a slight bit yellowed to me IRL. It could just be the poor lighting in my room though.

EDIT: Sold to a GH member. :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 January 2017, 00:01:52 by ComradeSniper »

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Re: Affirmative (Unicomp) 122-key Model M, $35 shipped
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 23:54:35 »
The picture doesn't really show it, but the caps do look a slight bit yellowed to me IRL. It could just be the poor lighting in my room though...

LOL... Visions of the typical KB geek's dark, dank computing lair definitely come to mind on that one.
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 February 2017, 17:50:40 by ander »
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg