Author Topic: The new guy  (Read 1785 times)

Offline naut

• Aerospace Engineer
The new guy
« on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 13:52:58 »
Hey everyone!

Been lurking around here this recently soaking up all the invaluable info on this forum and thought I would finally speak up and say hi. I tried my best to stay away from mech keebs for a long time until my cousin (aka andcap) gave me his spare magicforce68 a few months back. I call it "the gateway." Still, I was good. Nothing could break me. Fastforward to last month, R1 for the Ramabae65 opened up. I could not resist. This past month has been nonstop procurement of parts to have ready by the time ramabae arrives, researching, keyboard layout/keycap planning. I'm a blanks kinda guy btw. Well, this waiting game is disastrous and I got a white HHKB to help me wait for the ramabae. Also, I want another. Sigh.

Will also be giving the custom key crafting thing a try soon.

Offline stoic-lemon

Re: The new guy
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 15:56:28 »
Welcome. You've certainly jumped right into the high end there. How do you like the HHKB?

Offline naut

• Aerospace Engineer
Re: The new guy
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 16:32:44 »
Welcome. You've certainly jumped right into the high end there. How do you like the HHKB?

Indeed I have. I love my HHKB! My cousin gave me his friend's Realforce to try out. Loved the feel, but wasn't into the layout. The HHKB was the one for me.