Author Topic: New Memeber + Project help and Questions  (Read 1512 times)

Offline EGC-Cowboy

New Memeber + Project help and Questions
« on: Wed, 08 February 2017, 13:27:11 »
Hello! I'm completely and totally new here, and am anxious to get to know the community more. I'm a PC enthusiast although I have absolutely no electrical engineering talent. I can build computers, and have minimal electrical maintenance experience (I can solder well enough, etc) but nothing fancy.

So here's the project I'd like to tackle:

I want to convert my wired Corsair K70 RGB keyboard, into a bluetooth compatible or wireless keyboard. I did some initial searching here on the forums to see if there were already other threads which talked about converting wired to wireless keyboards, but most threads seem way over my head and out of budget. (I don't own all of the electrical engineering equipment and software that I commonly see in videos and walk throughs) BUT I found this:

-USB to Bluetooth Convert Adapter "USB2BT" ...mentioned in this thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47917.msg2051837#msg2051837

And I got completely and totally excited! I'm wanting to try it out, but before I do, I didn't know if anyone here has any experience with this board/converter, or know whether or not it would support the corsair k70 keyboard, OR if anyone else has heard of other ways to do this, that they prefer.

I have a 3d printer that is HUGE, and I'm willing to print custom housings and things to get all of the components inside of the keyboard for couch gaming. Essentially I'm trying to make my own wireless mechanical keyboard for living room gaming (I'm staring at you ROCCAT and your BS sova promises)

Sorry if this thread comes off more annoying that participant and welcome, but thanks for any info and advice in advance! I'm looking forward to getting to know the forums better!

Offline Tactile

Re: New Memeber + Project help and Questions
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 08 February 2017, 13:35:40 »
For this project I'd advise just buying one off the shelf. Here's one and there are probably others out there.
REΛLFORCE

Offline Tactile

Re: New Memeber + Project help and Questions
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 08 February 2017, 13:46:36 »
Oh all right. Not the answer you wanted, I expect. This is probably the best way to DIY a Bluetooth keyboard but they're out of stock.
REΛLFORCE