Author Topic: Anyone interested in 60% plates in the EU/Netherlands?  (Read 1366 times)

Offline raugustinus

Anyone interested in 60% plates in the EU/Netherlands?
« on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 04:27:21 »
I have just finished assembly on my first GH60. And although I'm very happy with the end result it was quite the challenge getting all the parts together from different places. Well massdrop was a major source for me. The part I would like to see improved is the plate that I used. So I have contacted a CNC shop that I know here in the Netherlands to have some plates made. If anyone is interested I might have a look to see if I can order a batch.

On the side I'm also looking into setting up a shop for cherry mx switches here in NL.

Offline SKD

• * Vendor
Re: Anyone interested in 60% plates in the EU/Netherlands?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 05:34:29 »
Plates not interested but I am after the rgb cherry mx silent reds. MechanicalKeyboard.com are sold out with no ETA. Can you get them?

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 05:41:54 »
There are a few stores already that sell universal plates, but if you can get custom ones I might be interested.
What material are you planning to use anyway?
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline raugustinus

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 06:04:59 »
Well I'm not sure, what I do know is mine is made of a (too) soft material (not sure if aluminium) I would like something a little harder. I will be talking to the guy at the shop soon I hope (he was out till after the weekend). I have emailed him a dxf that I generated on http://builder.swillkb.com/. If you have a specific design in mind I can talk to hm about that one as well.

Offline raugustinus

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 06:08:11 »
Plates not interested but I am after the rgb cherry mx silent reds. MechanicalKeyboard.com are sold out with no ETA. Can you get them?

I have just, like a minute ago, sent an email to a supplier of cherry products to see if they can deliver the cherry keyswitches. I plucked their details from the
cherry site itself and have already registered as a reseller. Hopefully they'll come back to me soon. Not sure what the minimum quantities are either.

I'll update once I have more info.

Offline raugustinus

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 06:18:09 »

Just spoke to Cherry rep, but the minimum quantity is a bit too large for me. Besides there's a backlog which would mean the wait would be very long.
Kudos to Cherry in coming back to me so quick!