Author Topic: Which gaming platform do you collect for? And share your collection  (Read 2405 times)

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

• LiquidEvilGaming Youtube
Which gaming system do you physically collect for (if you do) and share a picture of your collection.  I used to collect all different systems and games but after moving in with my wife space was at an all time premium and at the time we needed the money so I sold off most of my Retro collection when we moved in together to help her catch up on Student loans among other things.

Now however I have found a deep heartfelt connection to the 3DS and it's library (specifically it's RPG offerings) and I love to collect for it as at moment it's affordable and does not take up a HUGE amount of space. 

161658-0

Thus far I have three systems, 2 2DS units both the new color swaps, and one N3DSXL Galaxy Edition and the games are in the picture.  I try to grab any RPG especially when I see it at a reasonable price since those tend to rise in price the quickest.  Asides from my PC my 3DS has seen the most playtime by far and I also love buying more for my collection though not huge I intend to keep working on it.

What platform do you collect for?   I would love to see pictures and an explanation of why you collect for said platform?  If you have multiple you collect for which is your favorite/biggest collection and why that one in particular?  Obviously most of us collect Mechanical Keyboards so chances are at least some of you collect games also.

Cheers!
Current Daily Driver/s
White Leopold 750R MX Reds
Head of LiquidEvilGaming on Youtube
i7 4790k/16GB DDR3/GTX 1060 6GB SSC/256GB Samsung SSD/2TB SSHD/W10

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: Which gaming platform do you collect for? And share your collection
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 17:18:50 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63181.0

post more pics, we need to keep that thread alive!

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 18:45:41 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63181.0

post more pics, we need to keep that thread alive!

I will once I take a full picture of how I have my PS4/PC/3DS setup all at my desk split among monitors for the PC/PS4/Nes Classic
Current Daily Driver/s

Offline TacticalCoder

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 21:05:37 »
Which gaming system do you physically collect for (if you do) and share a picture of your collection.

No pictures atm but that'd be arcade printed circuit boards (PCB) for my vintage arcade cab from the mid-eighties.  Problem is: these boards are huge so you can't collect too many or you need a really big place to store them.  I've got 6 PCB so far (Moon Patrol from 1982 being the worst offender in my little collection: with the PCB having 3 "layers" of PCB). They do all still work despite being 25 to 35 years old  :)

Will try to snap a pic one of these days!

HHKB Pro JP (daily driver) -- HHKB Pro 2 -- Industrial IBM Model M 1395240-- NIB Cherry MX 5000 - IBM Model M 1391412 (Swiss QWERTZ) -- IBM Model M 1391403 (German QWERTZ) * 2 -- IBM Model M Ambra -- Black IBM Model M M13 -- IBM Model M 1391401 -- IBM Model M 139? ? ? *2 -- Dell AT102W -- Ergo (split) SmartBoard (white ALPS apparently)

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 16:41:27 »
Which gaming system do you physically collect for (if you do) and share a picture of your collection.

No pictures atm but that'd be arcade printed circuit boards (PCB) for my vintage arcade cab from the mid-eighties.  Problem is: these boards are huge so you can't collect too many or you need a really big place to store them.  I've got 6 PCB so far (Moon Patrol from 1982 being the worst offender in my little collection: with the PCB having 3 "layers" of PCB). They do all still work despite being 25 to 35 years old  :)

Will try to snap a pic one of these days!

I look forward to it!  I'd actually love to see them.
Current Daily Driver/s