Author Topic: Hi from BC, Canada!  (Read 1299 times)

Offline keybai

Hi from BC, Canada!
« on: Sun, 05 March 2017, 17:58:59 »
Hi all,

I've been a member for awhile now, but have mostly been lurking around from time to time.  I thought I might come out of my shell a little and say "hi."

I've been a Reddit r/MK user for some time, which has been great for browsing on my phone.  I've tried Tapatalk and don't much care for it.  But I've decided that I want to commit to some participation with you guys, with the hopes of meeting more great people who are also interested in keyboards.  So I wanted to finally introduce myself.

I'm keybai.  I got into keyboards about 5 years ago when a Steam friend of mine was talking about mechanical keyboards, and was like "what kind of keyboards?"  Within a month I got my first board, a Max Keyboards Blackbird with Cherry MX blues, and it's been a great hobby for me ever since.  I have 6 keyboards now, and recently finished my first custom build. 

I've enjoyed seeing all the artisan caps coming from all the old and new makers, and have managed to get my hands on a few.  There are some many I really love.  I want to be a patron to the artisans, so I've committed to only buying directly from them, and only using market places for trading when dealing with artisans.

Last year I started messing around making keycaps, based off Ishtob's post here on Geekhack.  It's been an exciting learning experience, and a relaxing meditation for me after work and on the weekends.  I haven't really made much of a fuss about it in the past, as I hadn't gotten the caps quite up to where I thought I wanted them in terms of quality and consistency.  However thanks to some encouragement and help from some of my friends in the community, I've just purchased some professional grade casting equipment, which has drastically improved my artisan keycaps.  So hopefully I can bring those to market sometime soon.

Anyway, that's me.  I look forward to engaging with you all, as we fall down this glorious money-pit together!

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: Hi from BC, Canada!
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 12 March 2017, 20:39:47 »
as we fall down this glorious money-pit together!

Speak for youself!  I've been down that pit already. lol

Welcome!  :)
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli