Author Topic: Model F Keyboard "Authorized" Repair Persons - Any Interest?  (Read 1008 times)

Offline Ellipse

• Brand New Model F Keyboards
Model F Keyboard "Authorized" Repair Persons - Any Interest?
« on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 19:49:13 »
While many of those ordering Brand New Model F Keyboards from the www.modelfkeyboards.com group buy are enthusiasts who know how to fix springs and other parts of Model F / Model M keyboards, many would prefer an expert technician instead of trying to self-repair.

I was thinking of putting together a list of DT / GH / r/MK users who would be interested in servicing Model F keyboards, whether with an original one or brand new reproduction Model F.  Payment or in-kind service would be arranged between the keyboard owner and those fixing up the keyboards.  To minimize shipping/repair costs I would ask each person to list the state or country/region.  Again no ongoing obligation for anyone, just anyone thinking they might be interested.  Maybe this thread could serve as a place to leave feedback and recommendations on current or past work done by forum members for others.

My hope for this initiative is to ensure well-functioning Model F keyboards on a continuous basis in the years to come, long after the F62/F77 group buy finishes this year.  After three years on the project including hand-testing hundreds of keyboards for this group buy I will be pooped :(.

Feel free to PM me or reply below if interested in being a repairer or if you need repair work from a community member.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 April 2017, 19:51:20 by Ellipse »

Offline Ellipse

• Brand New Model F Keyboards
Re: Model F Keyboard "Authorized" Repair Persons - Any Interest?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 22:48:07 »
I am getting some interest over PM - please let me know on this thread or by PM if you're interested!