Author Topic: [GB] TMK FC660C Alt Controller  (Read 84145 times)

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
Re: [GB] TMK FC660C Alt Controller [Leftover]
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 03:39:12 »
Yeah, I have to write documentation for unimap, actionmap or keymap editor as soon as possible. I'll try that in wiki on github.

I tried to convert your keymap into unimap version, just for reference.  In unimap/actionmap how to create special actions is changed as you can see.
https://gist.github.com/tmk/4829d8df82ca93e629aee5dea2a9bfa8

Offline varmemester

« Reply #151 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 15:53:44 »
I am really new to keyboard firmware. I only recently found out about the existence of TMK. I dug into the documentation but found the info on macros very hard. Then I stumbled on QMK - I only know it is based on TMK and apparently making macros is a bit easier. I searched a bit but it didn't seem like this controller supports it (?). Could somebody enlighten me a bit? I would like to know more about various firmware and get better at configuring keyboards, but if the coding gets too hard I fear to loose interest. A nice intuitive GUI is probably better for me. But still being able to make some half complex macros - if that is even possible. Maybe somebody has some pointers in this regard.
« Last Edit: Sun, 28 May 2017, 16:02:00 by varmemester »

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #152 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 16:46:49 »
I am really new to keyboard firmware. I only recently found out about the existence of TMK. I dug into the documentation but found the info on macros very hard. Then I stumbled on QMK - I only know it is based on TMK and apparently making macros is a bit easier. I searched a bit but it didn't seem like this controller supports it (?). Could somebody enlighten me a bit? I would like to know more about various firmware and get better at configuring keyboards, but if the coding gets too hard I fear to loose interest. A nice intuitive GUI is probably better for me. But still being able to make some half complex macros - if that is even possible. Maybe somebody has some pointers in this regard.

See this.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_core/blob/master/doc/keymap.md#23-macro-action

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #153 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 18:04:57 »
Hi folks, Need your help.
Anyone can test keymap editor with Safari? and post in this thread or this github issue if you find any problem, how to repodue the problem and Safari version would be useful. You can assume that it works correctly with Chrome for reference.

https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/issues/460

Thanks

Offline xauser

« Reply #154 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 13:40:53 »
Thanks hasu for converting my keymap to unimap syntax. I'll give it a test once I know more about that feature and it's benefits.

For now I'm enjoying full control of my fc660c. Thanks again for that great controller. Hope you will create one for the fc980c as well.

Offline derzemel

« Reply #155 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 06:14:09 »
received the controller yesterday, and after some head-aches with the Flip tool not recognizing the keyboard (even in bootloader mode) I managed to get it going.

In case someone is wondering, Win 7 64 Bit was saying that the "Device was not installed correctly" when the keyboard was in bootloader mode. All you have to do is search the USB driver in the Flip installation folder and install the driver manually.

I am typing on it as we speak and I am really happy with the result  ;D
 ;D I finally have volume controls on the FC660C !!! ;D

I have 2 questions though:

1. Is there a way to get the LED under Insert LED to light up when I am in Layer 1 (I keep the FN key pressed to use L1 functions)
       2. Can I get the Right Ctrl+FN to display the context menu?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #156 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 06:27:24 »
yeah, reinstalling driver is what you to do when in trouble.

1. yes. see first post.
2. App key does that.

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #157 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 12:19:34 »
Well I was all set to open this bad boy up, got some some lube and the new controller and then realized I left my screwdriver set at home  :)) Might head to a store at lunch to see if I can find some. What size screw does the leo take? Looks to be a standard size for other keyboards at my desk, but just want to make sure I get the correct set.
Leopold FC660C lubed, silenced with landing pads | Norbatouch lubed, silenced with hyperspheres | Poker II MX Blue with vortex aluminum case, vortex red/white doubeshot pbt caps and o-rings | CODE TKL MX Clear with Miami | Unicomp Buckling Spring | GMMK with rainbow vomit switches, mostly jailhouse blues and pandealios

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #158 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 16:03:49 »
Remembered to bring in my screwdrivers today - just added the new controller and also lubed my board. It's wonderful! The controller replacement was much easier than I thought it would be and the new USB connector fits perfectly: no more loose connections for this guy! I haven't tried customizing the keys, but fresh from the packaging works great!

Also, lubing my board was really awesome.
Leopold FC660C lubed, silenced with landing pads | Norbatouch lubed, silenced with hyperspheres | Poker II MX Blue with vortex aluminum case, vortex red/white doubeshot pbt caps and o-rings | CODE TKL MX Clear with Miami | Unicomp Buckling Spring | GMMK with rainbow vomit switches, mostly jailhouse blues and pandealios

Offline Trickster

• Pok3r in the blues, Topre in the domes
« Reply #159 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 16:21:04 »
The NKRO is insane on this controller. Stock messes up around 5-7 keys depending on the keys and the hasu controller takes almost as much as you can throw at it. Also, if you are having trouble with atmel flip and getting the error "atlibusbdfu.dll not found" You have to install the atmel studio 7.0 to get the drivers. Not sure if this has been said yet but wanted to put this out there.
Don't forget to clean your keebs

Offline tuxkey

« Reply #160 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 09:47:14 »
is anyone doing the key mapping on osx ??
i'm on 10.9.5 (Mavericks)
Reading the simple install manual that came with dfu-programmer the first thing i saw was that i needed tools like autoconf and automate.
so i installed Xcode. And proceeded with the install.

sudo ./bootstrap.sh
./bootstrap.sh: line 2: aclocal: command not found
./bootstrap.sh: line 3: autoheader: command not found
./bootstrap.sh: line 4: automake: command not found
./bootstrap.sh: line 5: autoconf: command not found

a find / -iname "aclocal" gave me this.
/opt/X11/share/aclocal

that's ok i can check my path.
But i assumed i had everything else.

Alas no result with find / -iname auto header

i guess i need to do this on a linux box or try doing it in a windows vm ??
Anyone got it working on osx ??
am i missing something??
i'm new to this so forgive my ignorance..

Offline Teacob

« Reply #161 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 10:13:52 »
is anyone doing the key mapping on osx ??
i'm on 10.9.5 (Mavericks)
Reading the simple install manual that came with dfu-programmer the first thing i saw was that i needed tools like autoconf and automate.
so i installed Xcode. And proceeded with the install.

sudo ./bootstrap.sh
./bootstrap.sh: line 2: aclocal: command not found
./bootstrap.sh: line 3: autoheader: command not found
./bootstrap.sh: line 4: automake: command not found
./bootstrap.sh: line 5: autoconf: command not found

a find / -iname "aclocal" gave me this.
/opt/X11/share/aclocal

that's ok i can check my path.
But i assumed i had everything else.

Alas no result with find / -iname auto header

i guess i need to do this on a linux box or try doing it in a windows vm ??
Anyone got it working on osx ??
am i missing something??
i'm new to this so forgive my ignorance..

I got it working using the homebrew package. I'm in work right now, I'll edit this comment later with some details if you like.

Offline tuxkey

« Reply #162 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 14:48:56 »
Looking at the differences between HomeBrew and Macports at first sight no big difference only using Macports i don't need to install Ruby so i'l go with Macports. Main reason being is i heard of them long ago but did nothing with it.
But it's just a package manager i guess. sort of saying whats better yum or apt ;-) on Linux.
i did find a quick how to install MacPorts and a basic intro so helpful.

will let you know how it goes..thanks @Teacob

Offline tuxkey

« Reply #163 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 17:36:59 »
eureka all seems to work ..

1) sudo dfu-programmer atmega32u4 erase
2) sudo dfu-programmer atmega32u4 flash unimap.hex

Validating...
21266 bytes used (74.17%)

3) sudo dfu-programmer atmega32u4 reset

cool now i need to figure out sum cool programming tricks like looking at maps and asking why someone is doing something hahahaha...

i posted the same on DT ;-)

Offline tuxkey

« Reply #164 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 19:18:17 »
so time to go to bed ;-) finally got my layout the way i like it . nice baseLine to start from.
i call this the OSX default FC660C. only thing added is the Vol up/down on 2e Layer.
And ScrLK / Pus/Brk under de 2e layer letters o/p . as i dock my macbook and use it as a second screen i like to be able to dimm the display.

I was never able to do something with my volume while docking my Laptop ..Thanks  To Hasu i finally can..
Here is my map for now ..need to tweak it. a bit. more ..
Oh almost forgot CapsLock on 2e layer . out of the way for the one time that i might need it..

https://goo.gl/XkyiDe

edit: i used keymap example posted by hking0036.. to look at Thanks for posting hking0036 ;-)
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 June 2017, 19:39:51 by tuxkey »

Offline tuxkey

« Reply #165 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 19:31:09 »
Got mine today and typing on it now!  :thumb: Really loving it so far. Only one thing that I'm having trouble with - I'm trying to set FN+LGUI as a toggle for l0/l3 but I can't pin down how to do it exactly. If you have any advice I'd appreciate.

Keymap is here: https://goo.gl/4AAJCk

In TMK higher layer is preceded to other lower layers. When you are on Layer3 you can't access T3 on Layer2 with pressing L2, because LGui on Layer3 conceals the T3 key. Note that L2 just turns on Layer2 but not Layer3 off. To avoid this you can use TRNS(TRANS or transparent) keycode, use TRNS instead of LGui on Layer3. Or just move contents of Layer2 to higher layer than Layer3.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_core/blob/master/doc/keymap.md#02-layer-precedence-and-transparency

And note modifier/layer stuck problem, you had better have 'TRANS' on modifier keys except for Layer 0. I'm working on this problem now, this will be resolved in instant future version perhaps.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/wiki/FAQ-Keymap#modifierlayer-stuck

i have a long way to go before i even understand this question and the answer  :confused:
First i thought what the hell is LGUI ...oh that's Left windows..ahahhaha of course it is..
i have a feeling that these questions and answers wil help me understand this new world of keyboard programming hahaha..
Have to go to bed. it's late , but will read / analyse your answer Hasu to start learning  :thumb:

Offline tuxkey

« Reply #166 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 19:43:50 »
Need to post some TLC about this great controller and programability of keyboards ..
Getting the K-type .. but happy the have a nice Topre board that is programmable..
Hasu the keyboard liberator hahaha can't shake that one ...Would be a nice t-shirt....

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-input-club-k-type-mechanical-keyboard/talk/1705663?utm_source=linkshare&referer=9Z34KB

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #167 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 21:38:57 »
tuxkey, good to hear it works for you :thumb:

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #168 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 21:47:43 »
And I'm happy to announce fix for long-pending the biggest problem "Modifier/Layer stuck" finally. I updated source code repository on github and keymap editor for FC660C controller the other day, the fix is alreadly available.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=41989.msg2432780#msg2432780

This change fixes these problems below and many others. You can move around sneakingly with Shift in the game now :D

when I use TMK controller, the shift key is not correctly read and the keystroke is differently interpreted by the game.

Can you explain how different, what's actually the problem? timing?, miss or transpose key strokes?
And how can you reproduce it?

Can plain keymap work with the game? http://www.tmk-kbd.com/tmk_keyboard/editor/unimap/?fc660c
I guess trick on shift key are not acceptable on the game assuming you are using EMU keymap.

Ah, I think I got your problem but I also can't explain the detail here, though, root of the problem is same as this issue. https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/issues/441

Fortunately I'm working on this issue, so it may be cured some later as a side-effect.

Sorry for double posting

This issue does not occur when pressing control. Only shift, or when using FN it resets the buttons.

Is this the same issue you previously mentioned? The issue I am having is that when I am moving in game, and try to use shift to start walking, the input stops registering. Also, if you are holding shift, then walk (Press wasd) when you let go of shift the key will stop registering.

Control + movement works fine.

Thanks for depicting the problem.
Yes, I think it is exactly what txepox suffers from.

Pressing Shift key(with ~ trick) of EMU keymap clears other keys(except for modifiers) pressed. This doesn't matter usually in typing but will harm greatly in gaming.

For now use Plain keymap(Plain shift keycode) for gaming.

Offline Teacob

« Reply #169 on: Fri, 02 June 2017, 02:16:53 »
so time to go to bed ;-) finally got my layout the way i like it . nice baseLine to start from.
i call this the OSX default FC660C. only thing added is the Vol up/down on 2e Layer.
And ScrLK / Pus/Brk under de 2e layer letters o/p . as i dock my macbook and use it as a second screen i like to be able to dimm the display.

I was never able to do something with my volume while docking my Laptop ..Thanks  To Hasu i finally can..
Here is my map for now ..need to tweak it. a bit. more ..
Oh almost forgot CapsLock on 2e layer . out of the way for the one time that i might need it..

https://goo.gl/XkyiDe

edit: i used keymap example posted by hking0036.. to look at Thanks for posting hking0036 ;-)
Cool, enjoy!

Offline txepox

« Reply #170 on: Fri, 02 June 2017, 04:02:16 »
And I'm happy to announce fix for long-pending the biggest problem "Modifier/Layer stuck" finally. I updated source code repository on github and keymap editor for FC660C controller the other day, the fix is alreadly available.

This change fixes these problems below and many others. You can move around sneakingly with Shift in the game now :D

I have been testing (and playing  :D ) during 5 minutes and it works. Thanks a lot, Hasu!.

Another thing, but not important: I found there is a small speeling mistake in the word "original" of the title h2 of the online editor. I tell you this issue in order to improve it a bit more this excelent editor.  ;)

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #171 on: Fri, 02 June 2017, 11:04:55 »
Looking for suggestions on additional keymap changes; cool things and tweaks I may not have thought of.

So far I have done the following:
Swap caps and l_ctrl
Bar becomes second backspace (so I don't get mixed up when switching between my 660c and hhkb).
FN+bar becomes bar
Insert becomes mute
FN + insert/delete becomes volume control
I kept page up down home end as FN+arrows.
keyboards.

Offline agv

« Reply #172 on: Fri, 02 June 2017, 14:35:36 »
Hey there. Sorry my first post is like this.

My controller is not working in bios/grub. I don't know if this is a problem related to ATMega32U4 or if it could be something else. I have another keyboard here that works fine.

I have not done anything fancy yet, just flashed this since I am too busy with my finals.

I installed it with sudo dfu-programmer atmega32u4 erase --force && sudo dfu-programmer atmega32u4 flash unimap.hex && sudo dfu-programmer atmega32u4 reset
Grub version: grub 2:2.02-1, installed with arch linux. It doesn't work in vanilla grub nor with grub-customizer.
My motherboard is a P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3, bios version: 3802
Funny thing is it actually detects the keyboard, because if I don't have any it throws a warning.

So if anyone knows a workaround or something it would be much appreciated, thanks!

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #173 on: Fri, 02 June 2017, 14:51:30 »
Firmware on keymap editor supports NKRO by default, it causes problem in some situations. You can change rollover mode between NKRO and 6KRO by pressing both shifts and 'n'. Try the key combo in BIOS adn GRUB. Or you can build firmware without NKRO by commenting out this line.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/blob/master/keyboard/fc660c/Makefile#L75

NKRO keyboard expects that BISO/UEFI send 'set_protocol' request to turn into 6KRO(boot protocol) automatially. But this doesn't work with some hardwares I don't know whether problem is located on the hardwares or TMK at this point.

EDIT: Also see this FAQ.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/wiki/FAQ#nkro-doesnt-work
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 June 2017, 15:04:46 by hasu »

Offline rasmusx

« Reply #174 on: Fri, 02 June 2017, 14:55:22 »
Got mine yesterday. Installation was easy and everything works as expected. Will report if I see any bugs :)

Nice snug fit:

Thanks a lot hasu for making it happen!

Offline agv

« Reply #175 on: Fri, 02 June 2017, 15:25:02 »
Firmware on keymap editor supports NKRO by default, it causes problem in some situations. You can change rollover mode between NKRO and 6KRO by pressing both shifts and 'n'. Try the key combo in BIOS adn GRUB.

Perfect, works like a charm!

Offline tuxkey

« Reply #176 on: Fri, 02 June 2017, 18:35:24 »
Hey there. Sorry my first post is like this.

My controller is not working in bios/grub. I don't know if this is a problem related to ATMega32U4 or if it could be something else. I have another keyboard here that works fine.

I have not done anything fancy yet, just flashed this since I am too busy with my finals.

I installed it with sudo dfu-programmer atmega32u4 erase --force && sudo dfu-programmer atmega32u4 flash unimap.hex && sudo dfu-programmer atmega32u4 reset
Grub version: grub 2:2.02-1, installed with arch linux. It doesn't work in vanilla grub nor with grub-customizer.
My motherboard is a P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3, bios version: 3802
Funny thing is it actually detects the keyboard, because if I don't have any it throws a warning.

So if anyone knows a workaround or something it would be much appreciated, thanks!

just tried it with an old laptop i have but different os/ and hardware stil linux and grubby.
Fedora was able to go in to bios. and able to stop boot and go in to grub exit . boot up and try all functions i had programmed in.
volume up/down l2.
this is my map https://goo.gl/1MnCfM but i like your F15,16,17,18 location could be useful ..
Sorry i'm no help, only thing my try shows is that the keyboard is works in certain grub versions or hardware type.
only thing i could think of is trying to boot from a life distro something like ubuntu and seeing if you can do everything there. that would eliminate your hardware as being the problem.
hope you find a solution let us know i'm curios to know. Certainly because it's linux ;-)
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 June 2017, 18:43:37 by tuxkey »

Offline tuxkey

« Reply #177 on: Fri, 02 June 2017, 19:11:16 »
Hi guys,
i'm doing my best finding my way and trying to understand what i'm doing instead of blindly copying a map.
one thing i'm trying to understand is they layers. Perhaps a dum question but why are my charters under the numbers row working?
isn't that Layer1? accessible by "LM1 L" (left shift) and "Lm1 R" (right shift)..My layer 1 is empty so how come it works fine ..???
can someone tell me what i'm missing?
this is my map currently https://goo.gl/1MnCfM

thanks guys.

Offline hking0036

« Reply #178 on: Fri, 02 June 2017, 21:23:39 »
Hi guys,
i'm doing my best finding my way and trying to understand what i'm doing instead of blindly copying a map.
one thing i'm trying to understand is they layers. Perhaps a dum question but why are my charters under the numbers row working?
isn't that Layer1? accessible by "LM1 L" (left shift) and "Lm1 R" (right shift)..My layer 1 is empty so how come it works fine ..???

thanks guys.
TRNS looks to the first layer below it to find the key. In this case, since every key but esc is TRNS, it will just look back at Layer0 and use that key instead of having it's own. If you set it to NO it wouldn't do anything. Esc is set to ` so if you do shift+esc instead of registering shift+esc it will read it as shift+` and make a ~. Similarly, if you hit FN and then Z, since it has transparency on layer 2, it will look down to layer one, and since it has transparency on layer 1, it will look at layer 0, then it should output the letter 'z' normally.

Very cool! Thanks a ton, and congrats on the fix.
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 June 2017, 18:18:19 by hking0036 »
Realforce RF87UB 45g Uniform | Leopold FC660C w/ TMK | IBM Model M - 3/24/1997 | IBM Model F 122 - 11/25/1985 ANSI'd w/ TMK | IBM Model F XT in a box

Offline tuxkey

« Reply #179 on: Sun, 04 June 2017, 17:02:07 »
Hi guys,

thanks guys.
TRNS looks to the first layer below it to find the key. In this case, since every key but esc is TRNS, it will just look back at Layer0 and use that key instead of having it's own. If you set it to NO it wouldn't do anything. Esc is set to ` so if you do shift+esc instead of registering shift+esc it will read it as shift+` and make a ~. Similarly, if you hit FN and then Z, since it has transparency on layer 2, it will look down to layer one, and since it has transparency on layer 1, it will look at layer 0, then it should output

Thanks hking0036 appreciate it.

Offline tuxkey

« Reply #180 on: Sun, 04 June 2017, 18:58:44 »
Hi guys wanted to ask your opinion in regards Layer switching.
If i’m correct one can only have four modifiers at the most.
so looking at my Key-map i wondered why i had two
Action_Layer_Mods ; Layer 1 ; R-shift
And the same for the left shift.

instead i experimented OneShot Modifiers .
Action_Mods_Oneshot ; L-shift.

Why would one use this i thought to my self?
i could save one of those modifer actions and give me the ease of quick switching.

i’m trying to optimise layer switching without and looking at the options available
and understand how to use them.

What do you guys think of this approach?
Also added switch layer 3 on right alt. Where i tested sysSleep (doesn’t work on a macbook). And SysPower that does put my mbp to sleep. Also added M as mute to test if i’m in the correct layer ..

btw if your asking your self why i placed Pause and ScrolLock on layer2 i use those to function to dim my screen on my laptop.
that was be four i noticed F14 and F15 had the same function.

Just trying to learn more about the options  :thumb:
here's my latest map..
https://goo.gl/Gjt0bU

Offline Stabilized

« Reply #181 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 03:12:46 »

If you want quick access to your function layer I would really recommend trying out SpaceFN. You can do so by setting your spacebar to be ACTION_LAYER_TAP_KEY with space and the function layer you want to change to. By tapping space you get a space, but if you hold it down it acts as a function shifter. The one shot seems like a neat idea for capitalising words, but I feel confident in my ability to hold down the shift for that ;)

Also, I'm a big noob when it comes to TMK, could someone explain to me how to program the LED on the insert key? I have come from a HHKB with hasu controller, where I didn't need to bother with LEDs at all  ^-^

Offline varmemester

« Reply #182 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 03:43:33 »

If you want quick access to your function layer I would really recommend trying out SpaceFN. You can do so by setting your spacebar to be ACTION_LAYER_TAP_KEY with space and the function layer you want to change to. By tapping space you get a space, but if you hold it down it acts as a function shifter. The one shot seems like a neat idea for capitalising words, but I feel confident in my ability to hold down the shift for that ;)

Also, I'm a big noob when it comes to TMK, could someone explain to me how to program the LED on the insert key? I have come from a HHKB with hasu controller, where I didn't need to bother with LEDs at all  ^-^

WOW. Only just tried it - but WOW. Seems SO useful.Thanks alot! Any more tips? I have got the caps lock as backspace. Also been trying out oneshotting the shift keys - but not holding down the shift keys for capital letters will be a tough habit to break.

Offline tuxkey

« Reply #183 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 06:21:04 »

Awsome works out great thanks.. :thumb: :thumb:

playing around with it, just thought to look at my hand movement's and what takes to most hand acrobatics and reduce that.
without complicating things to much hahaha...
Added this to layer4 accessible with spacebar..

w,a,s,d = wheelUP,wheelLeft,wheelDown,wheelRight
i,j,k,l = mouseUp,mouseLeft,mouseDown,mouseRight
1,2,3,4,5 = mousebuton,1,2,3,4,5
f=backspace,g=enter

cool !!!

only one thing missing , i wanted to do but stil havent figured it out yet..
Perhaps someone knows if it's possible ??

what i tried to do with the backspace and enter key was move as much of those harder to reach keys when your hand are on the home row to the center. now i want to do the same with LGui and spacebar. So if i wanted to move those two keys to for example say e and r how would i do that?? if even possible perhaps i'm going about this the wrong way??
Latest keymap; https://goo.gl/M6TttZ

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #184 on: Fri, 09 June 2017, 01:58:07 »
yes you can place GUI and spacebar on layer 4. with the latest firmware it should be no problem.

Offline tuxkey

« Reply #185 on: Fri, 09 June 2017, 09:42:17 »
yes you can place GUI and spacebar on layer 4. with the latest firmware it should be no problem.

Do i need to flash my board or do i have the latest firmware . to be honest havent looked in to that yet.  :D

btw; loving my controller best thing since sliced bread..i can't stop mentioning it to friends and on the interweb..hahaha

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #186 on: Fri, 09 June 2017, 17:44:07 »

Do i need to flash my board or do i have the latest firmware . to be honest havent looked in to that yet.  :D

btw; loving my controller best thing since sliced bread..i can't stop mentioning it to friends and on the interweb..hahaha

I recently updated Keymap Editor for this controller, so you are using the latest firmware if you get it from there.

Before the update you couldn't place modifier on alpha area due to this limitation.

Offline DarKou

« Reply #187 on: Sat, 10 June 2017, 05:11:34 »
Received mine today.

Really nice work!

Thanks,
DarKou

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #188 on: Sat, 10 June 2017, 06:01:12 »
Received mine today.

Really nice work!

Thanks,
DarKou

great.  Did it work well with customs? I hope you paid no extra on delivery.

Offline ramnes

• T fou, mec?
« Reply #189 on: Sat, 10 June 2017, 09:09:11 »
I'm from France also and didn't have to pay any custom taxe. :)

They usually don't bother when it's under 100€ and doesn't look like it could be worth much more.
23h18 - photekq: hhkb with silenced realforce sliders and lubricated well is
23h18 - photekq: the best switch i've used

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #190 on: Sat, 10 June 2017, 10:49:38 »
oh 100 euro is generous. good to know, didn't know France have such laxer customs than uk. I thought EU countries have similar tight rules.

Offline DarKou

« Reply #191 on: Sat, 10 June 2017, 14:52:06 »
Received mine today.

Really nice work!

Thanks,
DarKou

great.  Did it work well with customs? I hope you paid no extra on delivery.

No extra paid for me ;)

Offline Teacob

« Reply #192 on: Sat, 10 June 2017, 14:53:46 »
Germany here, also arrived with no extra fees. Thanks hasu

Offline ArdentHandsaw

• When the wind is southerly
« Reply #193 on: Sat, 10 June 2017, 18:44:23 »
Hasu, just wanted to say thank you for this excellent controller! I received my GB leftover very quickly after I ordered it, and got installed today on my FC660C. The flashing process was easier than expected and now my FC660C has all the same shortcuts and function layers that I have gotten used to on my other keyboards. Thank you for everything you do for the community!
hasu'd FC660C | Tada68 | MF68 | M10-A

Offline varmemester

« Reply #194 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 00:42:18 »
Might just be me screwing up somehow, but when placing "mail" (using TMK) on any key chrome opens up. No other hiccups. It works GREAT :)

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #195 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 01:26:31 »
Might just be me screwing up somehow, but when placing "mail" (using TMK) on any key chrome opens up. No other hiccups. It works GREAT :)

Confirmed it sends correct keycode for "Mail" key. I guess it depends on configuration of your OS.

Offline tuxkey

« Reply #196 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 06:35:15 »
Hi wanted to ask you if it's possible to add the pipe sign to the main Action Codes tab?
i often use the pipe sign | above the backslash in Linux and wanted to experiment with putting often used keys more in the middle of my keyboard.
Currently i have the backslash under layer4 H but i need to add shift to it.
Would be awesome if i could put that in a layer without needing to add a shift to it.
Don't know how to do it or if it's possible at al  ;)

Thanks guys

My latest key amp.
https://goo.gl/aT9SyY 

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #197 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 07:10:03 »
Hi wanted to ask you if it's possible to add the pipe sign to the main Action Codes tab?
i often use the pipe sign | above the backslash in Linux and wanted to experiment with putting often used keys more in the middle of my keyboard.
Currently i have the backslash under layer4 H but i need to add shift to it.
Would be awesome if i could put that in a layer without needing to add a shift to it.
Don't know how to do it or if it's possible at al  ;)

Thanks guys

My latest key amp.
https://goo.gl/aT9SyY 

See this. https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/wiki/Keymap#212-modified-key

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #198 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 09:37:56 »
oh 100 euro is generous. good to know, didn't know France have such laxer customs than uk. I thought EU countries have similar tight rules.

100e is very generous, the cutoff in Portugal is just under 25 euro - electronics like this usually fly under the radar though if they are marked around that, they have no idea what they are and usually they're too lazy to check.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #199 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 19:50:38 »

Confirmed it sends correct keycode for "Mail" key. I guess it depends on configuration of your OS.

On Windows10 the key seems to start 'Photo viewer' for unknown reason, totally weird lol. 'Email' key of my Realforce RGB also suffers from same behaviour, I don't think it is bug of TMK.
You can configure this behaviour at Settings>System>Apps for websites>Photo viewer.