Author Topic: POK3R 3: Changed layout: esc and tilde? Or bad memory?  (Read 2460 times)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
POK3R 3: Changed layout: esc and tilde? Or bad memory?
« on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 05:25:04 »
I was just looking into the POK3R three again coz I would like another MX board, but HHKB form factor.

I was looking at pictures of it and I noticed that top left key now is "esc & ~`". Did they change the layout? Because last time I considered the board I know I didn't buy it because it was very inconvenient either to use esc or to type tilde and back tick (which I use a lot in terminal work).

Did they update / change the layout? Coz there is now also RGB version and it is WAY MORE EXPENSIVE:

used to be around 130, now RGB is 170. Are they insane?
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline hking0036

Re: POK3R 3: Changed layout: esc and tilde? Or bad memory?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 09:25:15 »
most 60% boards have the escape key set up that way. You might want to look at a programmable board for that, but I know on the poker 2 you can flip a dip to change rctrl with `~, and on the 660c (660m as well?) they have shift+esc do ~ so you don't have to use 2 modifiers (which I personally really like). If either of those solutions doesn't do it for you you should probably look at the gh60 or thereabouts. I can't speak to the pricing scheme, but I'm sure they have a premium for installing rgb leds and there's bound to be some form of configuration stuff for it on board, plus they have to get the mx rgb switches. Seems pretty standard, though leds don't do it for me so I have no clue.
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 April 2017, 09:27:58 by hking0036 »
Realforce RF87UB 45g Uniform | Leopold FC660C w/ TMK | IBM Model M - 3/24/1997 | IBM Model F 122 - 11/25/1985 ANSI'd w/ TMK | IBM Model F XT in a box