Author Topic: Be a Census Taker!  (Read 2138 times)

Offline itlnstln

Be a Census Taker!
« on: Thu, 18 February 2010, 09:24:09 »
Check it.  Whether you do it for the Civic Responsibility or you just need the funds, the Census Bureau is hiring temp workers for the 2010 census.  Pay depends on the region you live in, but the pay is pretty good for the level of effort and skill needed to do the job.  In my area, for example, they are paying $14/hr; other areas are higher or lower based on cost of living.  The hours are flexible, and you would proabably work in the evenings and weekends.  Positions are supposed to last between 5 and 10 weeks.  I am signing up in my area as I want to do my part to make sure we get everything we can from the government for schools, services, etc.  San Antonio is a fairly poor city, and we can use every dollar we can get.

Also, the GF and I are going on a trip to Spain and Italy next year, so the money I make from this will pay for most of it, but remember, you're doing this for your country.

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
Be a Census Taker!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 18 February 2010, 13:18:03 »
Thumbs up, itlnstn. Thanks for the info
I trolled Geekhack and all I got was an eponymous SPOS.

Offline itlnstln

Be a Census Taker!
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 18 February 2010, 13:23:17 »
Hey, no problem.  I saw this:

Quote from: ricercar;159188
Thumbs up, itlnstn.

Then this (the middle finger):

Quote from: ricercar
Show Image

and had a chuckle.

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
Be a Census Taker!
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 18 February 2010, 14:37:06 »
I started considering how much I enjoy cold-calling people on the telephone, and decided as a non-spanish speaking white man I'd have to be a LOT hungrier to go door-to-door in California asking people personal questions.

Offline itlnstln

Be a Census Taker!
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 18 February 2010, 14:40:48 »
I have a funny feeling that a lot of people in my area won't want to participate, anyway.  There are commercials all over TV and radio about the census, too.  People are paranoid in TX for a variety of reasons.

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
Be a Census Taker!
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 19 February 2010, 01:38:53 »
Quote from: ripster;159202
Mondrian is the square of the Art world.

Ha! was waiting for such a comment. Wonder who else understands without a lifeline to Google images.

Offline itlnstln

Be a Census Taker!
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 16 March 2010, 06:40:09 »
On that note, you could also say that you have 10 wives.  You could also fill the form out under the name "Roman Grant."