Author Topic: Few questions to HHKB owners  (Read 11177 times)

Offline TexasFlood

Few questions to HHKB owners
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 24 February 2010, 16:40:43 »
Quote from: itlnstln;160509
Really, I think it's different times all around the US. Polarization...
Agreed, very polarized now.  And FYI, Democrat didn't always just mean liberal as it seems to now to many, at least not in my mind.  My friends father, for example, was farily conservative and when he retired said he would run again if a certain "liberal" Democrat was going to run unopposed.  This didn't happen and he did retire.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 24 February 2010, 16:42:29 »
Bible Belt Democrats were as conservative as their Republican counterparts today.  It's sort of weird, but party ideologies have shifted over time.

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 24 February 2010, 16:49:15 »
Shakespeare's ''Henry VI," Part II, act IV, Scene II
"**** the Butcher" stated ''The first thing we do, let's ____ all the lawyers''
Consider how many politicians are lawyers.  I'm not actually advocating violence in any way, especially since we just had another school shooting here, just frustrated and thinking out loud that some things haven't changed much since Shakespeare's day, just the party names.
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 February 2010, 16:53:13 by TexasFlood »

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 24 February 2010, 17:04:47 »
Take a look at an election map from the 1920's, and you'll basically see the opposite of today's party orientation.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline quadibloc

• Layout Fanatic
    • John Savard's Home Page
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 24 February 2010, 17:07:50 »
Quote from: TexasFlood;160497
Don't hold back, say what you really think, :-D
I'm against his plan, unless we can evacuate all the black people from the area first.
I'm sure that most people in the South are, in fact, reasonable and sensible people, and there are many issues on which I would prefer the Republican position over the Democratic position.
However, there are other issues where my preference runs the other way, and I am distressed that the American people no longer seem to have sensible, intelligent, moderate choices offered to them.
Up until late in the last Presidential campaign, I hoped for McCain (generally perceived as a moderate Republican) to win, despite the hazard of having Sarah Palin a heartbeat away from the Presidency (at least she wasn't as bad as Mike Huckabee, and I had no problem with her being pro-life) because I felt he would approach America's security issues more effectively.
But then the stock market crashed, and he obstructed the efforts of the President from his own party to address this urgent situation - and even managed to throw in a Herbert Hoover imitation at the same time.
I think many Americans would, in a heartbeat, support a party that supported American jobs and factories like the Democrats, but which respected the sensitivities of socially conservative Americans like the Republicans. This sort of political movement existed, it was called Populism.

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 24 February 2010, 18:49:41 »
Quote from: ripster;160551
Nobody thanks Obama for trying to fix the mess he inherited.

My moms hopes for Obama were too high and now she is disappointed in him, seemingly along with more than a few others.

But she's glad to be finally rid of Bush 43, or "Shrub" as one of her favorite columnists Molly Ivins called him.  She never thought he'd beat out Ann Richards for Texas Governor, much less president.  She, and many others, underestimated him and the Rove machine smear tactics.  Bush 41 had Lee Atwater.  Heck, if Atwater hadn't died, maybe 41 would have had a second term.  With Lee gone, Karl arguably surpassed the master.

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #56 on: Wed, 24 February 2010, 19:01:15 »
It could have all been different, if only...

Bush and ManBearPig hadn't stolen the 2000 election! I'm Super Serial! :-D

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 24 February 2010, 19:12:49 »
Quote from: ripster;160557
This is when the Republicans really get it ass backwards.

Palindrome In 2012
Show Image

Who do you think she's aiming at? Seth MacFarlane, Bill Maher or both?  ;-D

Offline didjamatic

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 24 February 2010, 19:13:45 »
Quote from: ripster;160557

Show Image

That's hot.
IBM F :: IBM M :: Northgate :: Cherry G80 :: Realforce :: DAS 4

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 24 February 2010, 19:23:56 »
Quote from: ripster;160561
I'm pretty sure it's this guy.
Running in a random serpentine pattern is very tiring so I don't blame him.